Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean i only use fb for verification on other websites, but i normally stay away from facebook, because i just didn't like it. and if i want to keep up with cousins or other people, i have twitter for that.

Most of my family doesn't have twitter, that's actually the main reason I use twitter.

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

nice i can't believe i didn't know about that. but maybe by then, i might have tried different pads other than the typical autozone stuff. because sometimes i don't feel these pads working. granted, they are very low dust compared to the normal duralast stuff, but the performance downright sucks.

They're not bad. They don't fade too much but they don't have much bite. However I have glazed my brakes twice. 

One of of which was yesterday. Was going down my favorite road and saw an MR2 take off. Clean one two. I could hardly keep up with him. Didn't have too much trouble on the straight parts but he could take the corners a fair bit faster. I wasn't pushing it as hard as I normally would've because they just repaved the majority of it and I noticed they did a bit of regrading so they're not as banked sadly. 

@RevoltTrain that's also the reason I try to stay off the book face. 

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

They're not bad. They don't fade too much but they don't have much bite. However I have glazed my brakes twice. 

One of of which was yesterday. Was going down my favorite road and saw an MR2 take off. Clean one two. I could hardly keep up with him. Didn't have too much trouble on the straight parts but he could take the corners a fair bit faster. I wasn't pushing it as hard as I normally would've because they just repaved the majority of it and I noticed they did a bit of regrading so they're not as banked sadly. 

Because of relatives? Or something else?

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Most of my family doesn't have twitter, that's actually the main reason I use twitter.

yeah same here. i don't want to get in trouble because of the stuff i tweet. so i keep my twitter away from my family. but i like twitter because i get to socialize with people from other high schools in my district. it's kinda fun if you ask me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

yeah same here. i don't want to get in trouble because of the stuff i tweet. so i keep my twitter away from my family. but i like twitter because i get to socialize with people from other high schools in my district. it's kinda fun if you ask me.

I use Facebook basically for talking to relatives, twitter for talking to friends, and tumblr to kinda vent sometimes. Then Reddit for looking at cars and PC stuff

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

yeah they do work after multiple brake cycles, but sometimes i don't feel them working. like when my mother drives the van, which has duralast golds on the front only, when she brakes, i feel like she isn't gonna stop in time. its a bit worrying.

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I use Facebook basically for talking to relatives, twitter for talking to friends, and tumblr to kinda vent sometimes. Then Reddit for looking at cars and PC stuff

i use instagram and twitter for talking to friends, snapchat for when i'm bored, and reddit too, for cars and pc stuff, but also x-rated stuff (sorry, i can't help it; it's a mini addiction).

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not car related, but I want to move away from triple monitors.

Should I spend about $400 on dual 27inch 1080p monitors and an arm for them, or $525 on dual 25inch 1440P monitors with no stand or anything like that, they're also not VESA compatible at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-G257HU-smidpx-25-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00QS0AKVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1470872948&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099XBO5E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=262GBAUI21NXU&coliid=I2Q9FYVMUKQ2LL&psc=1

These are the two I'm looking at the most really

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Not car related, but I want to move away from triple monitors.

Should I spend about $400 on dual 27inch 1080p monitors and an arm for them, or $525 on dual 25inch 1440P monitors with no stand or anything like that, they're also not VESA compatible at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-G257HU-smidpx-25-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00QS0AKVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1470872948&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099XBO5E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=262GBAUI21NXU&coliid=I2Q9FYVMUKQ2LL&psc=1

These are the two I'm looking at the most really

TBH comparing my dual 27in 1440p setup to my friend's single 34in 1440p... I'd go with the single ultrawide. But these are four figure setups just for displays (and in my case, a stand) so YMMV.

Ultrawides are the way to go and maybe a standard 16:9 auxiliary if you really need extra.

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

TBH comparing my dual 27in 1440p setup to my friend's single 34in 1440p... I'd go with the single ultrawide. But these are four figure setups just for displays (and in my case, a stand) so YMMV.

Ultrawides are the way to go and maybe a standard 16:9 auxiliary if you really need extra.

The thing is, I mostly play GTA V, and AFAIK it doesn't support 21:9, and if I'm spending this much on displays, I want the game I play the most to look phenomenal on it really, plus with my current PC I doubt I'll be able to push anything more than 2560 x 1440p, I'd be lucky to do that nicely even

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

The thing is, I mostly play GTA V, and AFAIK it doesn't support 21:9, and if I'm spending this much on displays, I want the game I play the most to look phenomenal on it really

i think you might be able to get gta v to run on 21:9 resolutions, try looking in your graphics settings.

Welp, switched my family over to just using OEM oil filters... no more Fram around here

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

1 minute ago, EcoBoost said:

Welp, switched my family over to just using OEM oil filters... no more Fram around here

Good job! I use Delco Professional instead of the regular Delco like the dealership does. 

Good on you

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

I still use Fram filters, but not the cheapo basic ones. 

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

5 hours ago, techswede said:

Longbeds generally don't fit more than two people either. 

I have owned both a truck and a van. They are equal even in the construction business. European vans can haul just as much as european trucks so thats a non-issue as well.

You can put six people in a truck with a longbed. I won't picture dump, but that's a thing.

Yes.. but my point is for the most part, vans with lots of payload ability do not usually have seats for more than two people. My other point is you're better off getting a truck (or heavier duty van) if you're going to put heavy shit in it because they have the suspension for it. And transmission for that matter.

Oh and European trucks are like.. Nissan Navara which frankly is a bit of a joke. Such a tiny bed. Such uncomfortable seats. God the brake pedal too, killin' me with that thing.

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

That's what the guy said when I bought my set. I'm not convinced they're "long lasting" though but we'll see. I think I'm starting to get through the first 30%of them though because the fluid in the master cylinder has finally moved a noticeable amount. 

Always had em on the Mustang, they lasted foooooooreeeeeveeeeer.

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Good job! I use Delco Professional instead of the regular Delco like the dealership does. 

Good on you

i've been using k&n oil filters on the protege and the corolla, but i don't get why my dad has 3 boxes worth of oil filters for the van, and they aren't even a reputable brand.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You can put six people in a truck with a longbed. I won't picture dump, but that's a thing.

Yes.. but my point is for the most part, vans with lots of payload ability do not usually have seats for more than two people. My other point is you're better off getting a truck (or heavier duty van) if you're going to put heavy shit in it because they have the suspension for it. And transmission for that matter.

Oh and European trucks are like.. Nissan Navara which frankly is a bit of a joke. Such a tiny bed. Such uncomfortable seats. God the brake pedal too, killin' me with that thing.

Always had em on the Mustang, they lasted foooooooreeeeeveeeeer.

that i can vouch on. i installed brakes on the front of the van, maybe about 6 years ago, last time i checked the pads, which was about a couple months ago, they still had a lot of meat left. i love them. but the bite does suck a bit.

Just now, terrytek said:

that i can vouch on. i installed brakes on the front of the van, maybe about 6 years ago, last time i checked the pads, which was about a couple months ago, they still had a lot of meat left. i love them. but the bite does suck a bit.

Simple, just slam on the brakes every time you go to stop. :D

5 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

Are diesel engines with turbochargers from the factory only meant to run with a turbocharger, or can they be turned into a na engine without a lot of hassle?

They don't make any power without boost. Dealt with like 3 6.0 fords that the variable turbo jams up at its low boost mode and you can go WOT and it'll accelerate to 35 MPH in maybe 15 seconds. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone XS Max 256GB

anyone want to buy a brake rotor from me? lol

But seriously what would be a good place to sell it where I can actually get it sold within a week? I listed it on ebay but it got 2 views (probably me) after 2 days lol

I could ship it back but I don't want to pay their restocking fee and they want to charge me shipping so that's like half the price of what it's worth...

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

But seriously what would be a good place to sell it where I can actually get it sold within a week? I listed it on ebay but it got 2 views (probably me) after 2 days lol

I could ship it back but I don't want to pay their restocking fee and they want to charge me shipping so that's like half the price of what it's worth...

wait, just one?

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

But seriously what would be a good place to sell it where I can actually get it sold within a week?

Mazda forums?

Just now, terrytek said:

wait, just one?

yeah... because I had to buy one from an amazon company (not amazon themselves) because they had ran out when I was buying them :( 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Mazda forums?

I'm not an "experienced user" so... no.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm not an "experienced user" so... no.

Maybe keep as a spare? 

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Just now, BOT Edward said:

Maybe keep as a spare? 

kinda pointless... And I need the money. things getting kinda tight thanks to this car lol

Spoiler