Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

21 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I really don't like the Italians way of doing special editions. Mainly because there are so damn many of them. 

Zonda? :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

42 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I really don't like the Italians way of doing special editions. Mainly because there are so damn many of them. 

Seems to be a theme recently

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

43 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Zonda? :P

Pagani are some of the worst ones that are doing it.

"We weren't going to make any more Zonda's. But here is a special edition, of the special edition."

Just now, GlassBomb said:

"We weren't going to make any more Zonda's. But here is a special edition, of the special edition."

"But no. Wait. There's more. You want one yourself? We'll make you a special edition just for you, based on the special edition of that special edition!" xD

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

"But no. Wait. There's more. You want one yourself? We'll make you a special edition just for you, based on the special edition of that special edition!" xD

I mean, people like Koenigsegg are doing it some some extent as well. But not anywhere near as bad as Pagani.

4 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I mean, people like Koenigsegg are doing it some some extent as well. But not anywhere near as bad as Pagani.

"Are you looking for an Agera? Which one? The normal version, the R, the S, the One:1, the RS, the... Hmm, that's all, I guess... So, which one?"

Speaking of Ageras, the best looking one is the normal one IMHO

2011-Koenigsegg-Agera-Rear-Speed-1920x14

Sleek, no "because race car" wings, diffusers and dinner plates like on the other ones...

10 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'll post a pic in the morning ;) 

now i didn't wax it or anything, it needs to be waxed again. Cheap wax doesn't last long sadly :( but it should be good for a week or so

responsibility12alternate.png

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

"Are you looking for an Agera? Which one? The normal version, the R, the S, the One:1, the RS, the... Hmm, that's all I guess... So, which one?"

There are what? Four different Agera's? Then the One:1. And then the really special One of 1. They just don't 20+ different models of the same car.

Christian have said that they really are trying to stick to the limited numbers that they mention when showing off the cars. So that they don't have to produce dozen different special editions.

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

~snip~

Sleek, no "because race car" wings, diffusers and dinner plates like on the other ones...

I actually really like the looks of the Agera RS. And the Regera is very pretty as well, but there is just something about the rear of that car that I don't like.

Dad is now the happiest man on earth! I gave him a set of keys for the Dart (it is still mine but he can use it whenever he wants to) and i asked him if he had forgotten how to drive a dart (as a joke) and then burnouts happened. (His Dart was a bored 318 with an automatic transmission, mine is a stroker 440 with a manual, i think he aproves of the 440 + manual)

Ps: conciddering a paxton kit for my 440 (internals + supercharger thingy, should be good for 600-700hp)

EDIT: product number for the kit im conciddering: 1201860-P (costs 4061 usd)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

6 hours ago, Speedyv said:

The Grand Tour release date...

YAAAAAAAAASSSSS!!!!!!!! It's been far far too long. :D 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

35 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Dad is now the happiest man on earth! I gave him a set of keys for the Dart (it is still mine but he can use it whenever he wants to) and i asked him if he had forgotten how to drive a dart (as a joke) and then burnouts happened. (His Dart was a bored 318 with an automatic transmission, mine is a stroker 440 with a manual, i think he aproves of the 440 + manual)

Ps: conciddering a paxton kit for my 440 (internals + supercharger thingy, should be good for 600-700hp)

EDIT: product number for the kit im conciddering: 1201860-P (costs 4061 usd)

jesus christ you want to put MORE horsepower on that thing? isn't it already enough with the 440 engine?

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Some more motorcycle action

2016-MV-Agusta-Brutale-800-11.jpg

brutale800-new2.jpg

that giant halo light is SEXY. :x

6 hours ago, Speedyv said:

The Grand Tour release date...

too bad you need amazon prime....

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

2011-Koenigsegg-Agera-Rear-Speed-1920x14

i like the agera r the most tbh over the normal one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

jesus christ you want to put MORE horsepower on that thing? isn't it already enough with the 440 engine?

that giant halo light is SEXY. :x

too bad you need amazon prime....

i like the agera r the most tbh over the normal one.

Well, i said conciddering, not going to.... ;)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

ok it's just exhaust, but they're pieces of art. http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/09/valentino-balboni-lamborghini-exhaust-art/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Cried a little at the gear grind

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

29 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok it's just exhaust, but they're pieces of art. http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/09/valentino-balboni-lamborghini-exhaust-art/

That's incredible work. Wow! :o

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I just found out that i can buy headers for my car that end just behind the Front wheels (no more exhaust after that) but the Dart will end up being my daily soon so not sure if ditching a soundsystem and getting headers or just ditching a soundsystem and listening to the melody of a 440 with a stock exhaust?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

responsibility12alternate.png

As promised.image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

technically they only made 4 zonda special editions. The one offs are not considered special editions. How ever i will admit that they said they would stop making zondas long before they actually stopped.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

As promised.

*SNIP*

That looks great!!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Mustavette?

Corang?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Mustavette?

Corang?

Corwang.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: