Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

That suuuuuuuuuucks.

Luckily, after getting a name brand belt and replacing it, it still runs fine, no problems. But it's currently covered as my dad still uses our 2010 Corolla instead.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I already answered this, but I'm using Mobil 1 0w-40. 

@techswede. How do you like the 15w-40? I think I have some Rotella T 5w-40 that I wanna try out in the summer (0w is factually better in the winter)

Well i've never had a problem with my engines with the oil i use. Most people find it a bit odd that i use oil that is designed for high performace turbo diesels in petrol engines.

It's the Texaco ursa premium TD 15W-40. And i use it mostly because i've got two drums of the stuff in storage. And because it works.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well i've never had a problem with my engines with the oil i use. Most people find it a bit odd that i use oil that is designed for high performace turbo diesels in petrol engines.

It's the Texaco ursa premium TD 15W-40. And i use it mostly because i've got two drums of the stuff in storage. And because it works.

I've heard that about 15w-40 too. I know quite a few people who use it on gasoline powered cars, though

I really like 0w-40, but apparently it's the jack of all trades but master of none kinda deal in the oil world.

This is probably really hardcore nitpicking though :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I've heard that about 15w-40 too. I know quite a few people who use it on gasoline powered cars, though

I really like 0w-40, but apparently it's the jack of all trades but master of none kinda deal in the oil world.

This is probably really hardcore nitpicking though :D

0w-40 is for like european engines. 0w-20 i believe is the thinnest viscosity oil on the market right now, for those economy cars.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

0w-40 is for like european engines. 0w-20 i believe is the thinnest viscosity oil on the market right now, for those economy cars.

Yes, I know 0w-40 is for European cars.. that's why I buy it :P

fo1B1QQ.png

says it on the box too.. big letters  :D

I wonder what the Infiniti is running.. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

2471_1.jpg

1995-mclaren-f1-gtr-13.jpg

1997-mclaren-f1-gtr-long-tail-036-1.jpg

have some f1

I too use mixed fleet oil on my petrol and diesel vehicles. The extra detergency keeps my petrol engines extra-clean.

I have tried so many oil formulations (from midlevel to high end, and from big brands to boutique brands), just for kicks. For the most part, as long as the service classification and the viscosity specs are met by the oil, the car will be fine.

I normally buy formulations made with Group III or Group III+ base oils, except when Group IV or Group V comes out cheap. ZIC is my go to brand nowadays, mostly because it's cheaper and it performs as well in my cars as the best ones that I have used.

I'm a little pickier when it comes to choosing oil filters.

I too use mixed fleet oil on my petrol and diesel vehicles. The extra detergency keeps my petrol engines extra-clean.

I have tried so many oil formulations (from midlevel to high end, and from big brands to boutique brands), just for kicks. For the most part, as long as the service classification and the viscosity specs are met by the oil, the car will be fine.

I normally buy formulations made with Group III or Group III+ base oils, except when Group IV or Group V comes out cheap. ZIC is my go to brand nowadays, mostly because it's cheaper and it performs as well in my cars as the best ones that I have used.

I think oils is the one thing with engines I won't screw around with..

What oil filter do you use?

I use Wix, but I hear Fram makes some pretty good ones too

or toilet paper :P

Actually, if you want the ultimate best, you gotta go K&N or go home. Best quality  filters ever.

Go bosch premium or go home! xD (Since you're driving a german car)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Actually, if you want the ultimate best, you gotta go K&N or go home. Best quality  filters ever.

K&N seems to be a bit iffy from what I've read. Kinda hit or miss. Some say they're the best in the world, others saying they don't like them. Dont really want to risk it.. always still an option though

Go bosch premium or go home! xD (Since you're driving a german car)

I've been thinking about this too. Pretty happy with Wix so far though

K&N seems to be a bit iffy from what I've read. Kinda hit or miss. Some say they're the best in the world, others saying they don't like them. Dont really want to risk it.. always still an option though

I've been thinking about this too. Pretty happy with Wix so far though

Well as long as you change the filters at regular intervals it's usually fine. I always change the filter when i buy a new car though so i know what's on there.

And because i've done quite a few oil changes on both my own and other peoples cars.. If i buy a used car the oil filter might look like this on the inside for all i know.

2010_03_06_OF%20024%20(Large).jpg

The horror... The horror..

Well as long as you change the filters at regular intervals it's usually fine. I always change the filter when i buy a new car though so i know what's on there.

And because i've done quite a few oil changes on both my own and other peoples cars.. If i buy a used car the oil filter might look like this on the inside for all i know.

~~~

The horror... The horror..

o8QiNPH.jpg

o8QiNPH.jpg

If i saw that on a friends/customer car and it did not run when they brought it to me (Which im pretty damn sure it would not with that clogged up piece of nightmare fuel)

And they asked "can you fix it?"

82965-no-man-SHIT-no-man-gif-Office-XoJ5

There's a speaker on the drivers side of the door that's pretty busted.

I don't have a garage that isn't full of of motorbikes so I'll just have to wait until it get's warm enough to work on it.

Another thing for the bucket list.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

@TheTiger I think it's called ridiculous for another reason...

It actually looks good.

1794721_661319940645392_3303883275524712

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Hi Guys, meet Olivia & Lexi.

~~~

Nice cars man :)