Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

A XC60 Premium with Leather Heated Seats, BLIS, and Sat Nav?

I mentioned the Subaru Forester 2.0 Premium

System: Thinkpad T460

Bells and whistles? Have you looked on the inside? IT looks like garbage. Black gives the impression of sporty, that's why I recommended the CX-3. It probably comes in a 6 speed stick or 6 speed auto, and hopefully, it should come by mid 2015.

My dad had a mini-cooper S. She CANNOT use a manual.

The BLIS system is actually the same on Volvo, and the Auto-Park and Infotainment system is better.

The Mazda looks like the Infotainment system was a aftermarket thing. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I mentioned the Subaru Forester 2.0 Premium

Wait. What. I though we were talking about the Volvo.

We also looked at Subaru. She said "It looks like a truck from the 80s" and that was the end of that. 

IDK, she just wanted the Ford or Honda CR-V.

And she got the ford because the Honda has a 5 speed auto. And the Escape has more "Bells and Whistles" 

What about the VW Tiguan?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

My dad had a mini-cooper S. She CANNOT use a manual.

The BLIS system is actually the same on Volvo, and the Auto-Park and Infotainment system is better.

The Mazda looks like the Infotainment system was a aftermarket thing. 

Oh, but it's totally factory, just sourced from aftermarket suppliers. I think it should be pretty nice. who knows, it's probably gonna be the first mazda since the mazda 6 with skyactiv to have leather as standard in the high trims.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wait. What. I though we were talking about the Volvo.

We also looked at Subaru. She said "It looks like a truck from the 80s" and that was the end of that.

Ouch.

I thought the new Forester looks nice. Trucks from the 80s are cool too.

What about the VW Tiguan?

Our Volvo, BMW, Merc, Subaru, VW, GMC, and Cadillac dealer is all the same thing. 

Super overpriced. 

Ouch.

I thought the new Forester looks nice. Trucks from the 80s are cool too.

Kinda looks like an Eco-box.

2015_subaru_forester_angularfront.jpg

And the Volvo is like, ultra sexy.

Volvo_V60_D4_Summum_(Facelift)_%E2%80%93

Our Volvo, BMW, Merc, Subaru, VW, GMC, and Cadillac dealer is all the same thing. 

Super overpriced. 

As I have said before, you don't need to buy it from THAT dealer.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Kinda looks like an Eco-box

And the Volvo is like, ultra sexy.

You've linked a base model. The Volvo isn't that pretty IMO (once again subjective)

As I have said before, you don't need to buy it from THAT dealer.

She is indecisive. The only dealers are far away.

We did not have time to drive 2-3 hours to look at a car or talk to someone. 

Also, she had like 2 weeks to decide because her company car was getting taken away. 

She is indecisive. The only dealers are far away.

We did not have time to drive 2-3 hours to look at a car or talk to someone. 

Also, she had like 2 weeks to decide because her company car was getting taken away. 

Ah, she wanted a built to order one, not one on the lot...

Is this it?

1369a52f489c79a101cd706d104df874x.jpg

Yeah, it's real expensive tho. Got 265hp tho.

See, it does not look that nice to me. 

I really like the Volvo headlamps. 

And her budget was a little low because she has had a company car for the past 12 years, so she did not want to overdo it. 

Check Edmunds it's the same price for a AWD 2.0xt turbo with the CVT box

I like it

IMO it's plasticy and ugly. 

The XC90 is basically what I like to see in a car.

Volvo-XC90-2015-1.jpg

The headlights and front chin are really important. 

Volvo-XC90-2015-1.jpg

And I'd like an S-class Merc lol

Or a Range Rover...

Looks too boxy for me imo, the XC60 is the sweet spot imo. The Q7 is baller tho.

image60051_b.jpg

Looks too boxy for me imo, the XC60 is the sweet spot imo. The Q7 is baller tho.

You do get to say that you have the safest car in the world though.

I like the boxyness. (Like the NZXT S340) 

2015-Volvo-XC90-rear-three-qurter.jpg

2015-volvo-xc90-center-console-and-infot

You do get to say that you have the safest car in the world though.

I like the boxyness. (Like the NZXT S340) 

I'm sorry but the back is horrendously ugly.

2014-Volvo-XC60-rear-side-view.jpg

I'm sorry but the back is horrendously ugly.

2014-Volvo-XC60-rear-side-view.jpg

Different tastes then. Because I think that Audi is way too curved and looks like a CRV gone wrong. 

Different tastes then. Because I think that Audi is way too curved and looks like a CRV gone wrong. 

wat. the crv is ugly asf.

Don't like curves?

ford-flex-07.jpg

It was the first thing to come to mind.

Nissan_Cube_Z11_003.JPG