Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

wat?

I think he meant an actual brick

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I think he meant an actual brick

what you mean? I mean the diecast models are cute but they hurt when they hit you in the face...

twd9266.jpg

lol jk i was talking about a real brick

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

what you mean? I mean the diecast models are cute but they hurt when they hit you in the face...

lol jk i was talking about a real brick

The worst brick is a lego brick

They hide in carpets. Waiting for the right moment to strike

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The worst brick is a lego brick

They hide in carpets. Waiting for the right moment to strike

i just cringed.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

i just cringed.

The only thing worse than that is bionicle pieces. Or an upturned electical plug

The only thing worse than that is bionicle pieces. Or an upturned electical plug

when i was 10 years old, i stepped on a thin railway spike that was sticking out of a concrete plattform next to some old railway tracks (the spike went through my foot) and i fell off the plattform/concrete platform i was on and landed 1 meter below in a thorn bush...

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

when i was 10 years old, i stepped on a thin railway spike that was sticking out of a concrete plattform next to some old railway tracks (the spike went through my foot) and i fell off the plattform/concrete platform i was on and landed 1 meter below in a thorn bush...

wow i have some injury story but it cant compete with that so ill just tell two of my younger reckless self stories. when i was around 8 maybe 9 i went to a camp and they had a firetruck. anyways long story short took off one of the "plugs" for the hoses. dropped it right on my big toe and the toenail fell out. another one of my stories involves fishing in a camping trip when i was younger i was casting out on to a lake anyways i let go of the fishing twine when i was on the back swing the barb hit my friend in the eyebrow and went through his skin with the barb protruding on the other side.  

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Today I found myself by myself in the suburban, A rather boring vehicle, all by myself.

While I was droning away on the highway. I realized that I never messed with the "premium" audio in the car. By default it sounds /ok/, not really anything special. Never thought EQ'ing it would do enough, as there isn't fine control, it's just low, mids, highs, balance and fade.

Well I turned up the lows, found it to muddle really easily. So I settled on one or two clicks higher than stock... The mids I put up a few clicks. The highs I left default because turning them up made the noticeable "sssss" noise present on S's and such when spoken/sung by speaker/artist. But anyway When I did all that it sounded much better. But Low's weren't present.

Annoyed, I remembered that you can usually sometimes make cars sound a little better by balancing the audio a little bit towards the rear of the car. So I did that.. turned up the volume again to take it all in. And out of nowhere came this super tight, punchy, but solid bass. I was like geez, does thing have a sub or something?

Sure enough I looked it up online, there is a sub back there. Never knew it was there haha, Crazy how by default you cannot even tell it is there.

But anyway the suburban sounded really good after I did that... one of the best audio systems in a car that I've experienced actually. Amazing what tweaking can do. 0 need to upgrade audio in that thing now haha. I'm sure my parents will be surprised when they hear it.

we bought that thing in 2009 and I never thought to tweak it LOL, despite being a audiophile... I even did sound at the church we were previously going to for several years. Always had a knack for making the best of what we had.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

so going up to the mountains this weekend with some family. not ever knowing how to prepare for snowy conditions, what should i do? i have chains and a scraper and stuff, but i feel like i should bring some extra stuff in case of emergencies.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

so going up to the mountains this weekend with some family. not ever knowing how to prepare for snowy conditions, what should i do? i have chains and a scraper and stuff, but i feel like i should bring some extra stuff in case of emergencies.

Emergency blanket and/or extra clothes, first aid kit(everyone should have this in their car tbh no matter where you live). A bit of food. And should need arise, some ingenuity.

Idk I'm not a snow expert. We get that once every 5-10 years or so here... And it's only a little bit and then 50F+ the next day xD

Spoiler

Today I found myself by myself in the suburban, A rather boring vehicle, all by myself.

the system in my friends 2015 ram 1500 is unreal, the bass in that truck is the best ive heard, you crank that up and the mirros just rattle to the pont you can even see out them clearly, even at that much bass the song stays clear and sounds good while making you feel very uncomfortable with all that rumble while at the same time making you feel soo good :P

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Emergency blanket and/or extra clothes, first aid kit(everyone should have this in their car tbh no matter where you live). A bit of food. And should need arise, some ingenuity.

Idk I'm not a snow expert. We get that once every 5-10 years or so here... And it's only a little bit and then 50F+ the next day xD

well my area hasn't had snow for like a good 50 years. and the only snow i've seen is up in the mountains and that was 3 years ago. so it's been a while.

i guess i'll bring one blanket, i got extra clothes for the overnight stay, and i've got plenty of snacks. but i don't have a first aid for any of our cars and it's honestly ok.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

While I was droning away on the highway. I realized that I never messed with the "premium" audio in the car. By default it sounds /ok/, not really anything special. Never thought EQ'ing it would do enough, as there isn't fine control, it's just low, mids, highs, balance and fade.

Well I turned up the lows, found it to muddle really easily. So I settled on one or two clicks higher than stock... The mids I put up a few clicks. The highs I left default because turning them up made the noticeable "sssss" noise present on S's and such when spoken/sung by speaker/artist. But anyway When I did all that it sounded much better. But Low's weren't present.

Annoyed, I remembered that you can usually sometimes make cars sound a little better by balancing the audio a little bit towards the rear of the car. So I did that.. turned up the volume again to take it all in. And out of nowhere came this super tight, punchy, but solid bass. I was like geez, does thing have a sub or something?

Sure enough I looked it up online, there is a sub back there. Never knew it was there haha, Crazy how by default you cannot even tell it is there.

But anyway the suburban sounded really good after I did that... one of the best audio systems in a car that I've experienced actually. Amazing what tweaking can do. 0 need to upgrade audio in that thing now haha. I'm sure my parents will be surprised when they hear it.

we bought that thing in 2009 and I never thought to tweak it LOL, despite being a audiophile... I even did sound at the church we were previously going to for several years. Always had a knack for making the best of what we had.

Most cars around 2010+ have pretty good audio systems now. My car I had to turn down the bass to about -5 so it wouldn't drown out highs and mids. Sounds really good when you crank it. Haven't ever thought about getting speakers or a new head unit for that car.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Most cars around 2010+ have pretty good audio systems now. My car I had to turn down the bass to about -5 so it wouldn't drown out highs and mids. Sounds really good when you crank it. Haven't ever thought about getting speakers or a new head unit for that car.

considering our corolla is really cheap in quality for its age, and for what little you get, it has some real nice audio, and the speakers aren't even name brand. they're actually better than our protege's audio, which has 4 pioneer subs and 2 tweeters.

if you have one a portable gas stove shovel first aid kit extra food and water lots of water 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Shovel, water, and sand in a bag or cat litter.

2007 suburban here.

really neat, didn't drown anything out at all! Pleasantly surprised. 

@Midnitewarrior4 it wasn't enough to shake the car or anything... i don't really care for that lol. But It was enough to be there and be pleasing. Like I said im not a basshead, I just want accurate audio and it was able to do that quite well!

@terrytek they must have fixed the newer corolla's then... mine is TERRIBLE. I basically don't even listen to the radio much, just keep it at low volume usually because it's so bad it annoys me lol. But one thing about 8th gens is they were not insulated well at all.. outside noise is quite loud. sounds like your in a stripped race car sometimes. But I guess that is also part of the reason they are so cheap... you can get one for like $1500 these days lol

Spoiler

@Midnitewarrior4 it wasn't enough to shake the car or anything... i don't really care for that lol. But It was enough to be there and be pleasing. Like I said im not a basshead, I just want accurate audio and it was able to do that quite well!

ya we were sitting in the truck in our school parking lot and my friends was like hey watch this ! i was ooh great whats gonna happen, cranks up the bass to the max, plays a bass heavy song and cranks the volume to about 60% the truck was straight rattling, the mirrors were all messed up, windows were rattling, and i look over and two kids across the parking lot were just staring at us like a bunch of idiots :P fun to screw around with, straight hazardous to drive with...

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

looks too ordinary for me :/

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

looks too ordinary for me :/

what i really want it for someone to take that engine and frankinstinatine it into an older bmw 

seriously i want thesmokingtire to actually do a one take of an e39, m5 or not. i'm curious what he has to say about the e39. i mean he's reviewed e60s, e34s, but no in between. someone needs to submit a wheelfire link so he can actually take a look at it.

what i really want it for someone to take that engine and frankinstinatine it into an older bmw 

omg i was about to say that xD i was literally going to say, if that motor was in a bmw e 30 or older e36 that would be sweet

Spoiler

and a car thread !