Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

ooh, my bad, i thought it was the same 4 banger as the impreza.

Nope, Super Grams uses the basic H6 found in the outback / higher end Legacy/Liberty. Add a bunch of boost, ethanol flex fuel, and a full haltech tune, and boom.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Wouldn't mind a 4th Gen Mustang, as long as it has the 4.6L V8. Wouldn't care if it was automatic or manual

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'd totally daily something like the Malibu techswede posted. Those things are exactly what I want in a car for some reason.

Too bad it'd probably be really expensive, impractical and maybe unsafe.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Anyone else workung on their cars for Christmas? (Installing my cb radio and antenna in the 240)

(Radio equipment:

Radio: Yeticom optima mk 2

Antenna: midland ranger

Coaxial cable: superconductor/lossless coax. )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Almost as good as this

http://i.imgur.com/VQlLCTQ.gifv

wait since when is an outback able to tow a trailer, especially with a car on it? wouldn't it be too much for the engine to carry?

oh wait, nvm it's boosted, so it's got power, but wouldn't it still strain the boxer 4?

I've towed car trailers with four bangers. No problems at all. 

I'm sure even my golf would handle it. 

I'd totally daily something like the Malibu techswede posted. Those things are exactly what I want in a car for some reason.

Too bad it'd probably be really expensive, impractical and maybe unsafe.

I'd say it'd be pretty practical. Lots of cargo space. 

With the 301 v8 it might be a bit expensive but i don't think it'd be too bad for a $4500 car

But yeah. Probably a bit unsafe. Poor crash safety at least 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wouldn't mind a 4th Gen Mustang, as long as it has the 4.6L V8. Wouldn't care if it was automatic or manual

SN95 Mustangs can be good cheap fun. Plus there is a ton of aftermarket support for them. 

His idea of excellent condition and mine are two very different things lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

SRT USA / JRM McRae tribute episode rolling out to distributors today. Event coverage from the 2015 WRC Wales Rally GB, in the NR4 spec WRX STI.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Saw a ford crown vic today. Damn they are huuuge.

Still wouldn't mind owning one. The police interceptor badge is pretty neat

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

they can be awesome sleepers too. *looks at Ford racing crate engines* (this would macr the crown vic fly: https://fordperformanceracingparts.com/m/Part.asp?p=25664 )

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

they can be awesome sleepers too. *looks at Ford racing crate engines* (this would macr the crown vic fly: https://fordperformanceracingparts.com/m/Part.asp?p=25664 )

People have had pretty good luck with the stock engines as well^^

People have had pretty good luck with the stock engines as well^^

but supercharged 5 litre v8 engine

Edit: SUPERCHARGER!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

this was a spur of the moment shot on the way to another photoshoot location - pretty happy with how this turned out :)

It always messes with my head when the spokes don't show up on pictures  :D

Looks great though 

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning for the car...

The sched:

40km up to the highlands

down to that place at midway down the slope of a mountain

back up the slope

40km back home

10km to town

45km back up

down to that place midway down the slope of a mountain

I've managed to convince my father to take out the air filter for climbing the slope... and I might be able to try that hill climb in reverse technique on the first trip up the slope since I'll be traveling empty that one time...

I'll be climbing said slope while loaded with people and cargo the next day... might as well top up with gas early on...

but supercharged 5 litre v8 engine

Edit: SUPERCHARGER!

The Mercury Marauder (Mercury version of the Crown Vic) had the DOHC V8 from the Mustang Cobras. 

Those were really cool boats.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It always messes with my head when the spokes don't show up on pictures  :D

Looks great though 

Mag-lev rims. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Mag-lev rims. ;)

Would be awesome  :D

I really want something sporty and rwd thats 30+ years old (max price of 1000 USD)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

I really want something sporty and rwd thats 30+ years old (max price of 1000 USD)

Fiat 124 coupé?

Fiat 124 coupé?

maybe, if only there where any for sale.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Datsun 240Z?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

and they're really cheap, especially in america. Decommissioned ones go for as low as 1500.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Good luck with that. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS