Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Daaaaaamn. Those quad pipes though.. High roller right here  :P

That is stock! :)

Here is my Car: 

Here is the back (Yes the mirrors are so small you cannot see them, but they are there) 

eP8DJvw.jpg

Exhaust:

AoYf0Cr.jpg

Here is a Android Tablet I put in: 

cr7vYRI.jpg

Here is my receiver:

yBaG7Fn.jpg

Nice! i put a android tablet in my car too. Much better than spending $1200 on a decent double din with nav

temporary-36.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Nice! i put a android tablet in my car too. Much better than spending $1200 on a decent double din with nav

I have a $250 gift card to a place that only does the standard in-dash stuff, so I went with an android tablet (via community advise) and had them install new speakers. :)

I hate Virginia law, all people here are like damn my straight pipe sounds sick, bro magnaflow. Dude I ain't even running a cat. BRUHHH DAT EXHAUST THO. Here I am like, shit that's illegal here.

Project Restomod (In progress)

I hate Virginia law, all people here are like damn my straight pipe sounds sick, bro magnaflow. Dude I ain't even running a cat. BRUHHH DAT EXHAUST THO. Here I am like, shit that's illegal here.

That made no sense to me...

That made no sense to me...

In Virginia any modification to your exhaust will not pass an inspection. Also police can pull you over if your exhaust is too loud and ticket you. It is utterly bullshit.

In Virginia any modification to your exhaust will not pass an inspection. Also police can pull you over if your exhaust is too loud and ticket you. It is utterly bullshit.

Wow, we have rules in Oregon also, not to that extent though. No cat-back mods, and no louder than 100+ DB and your fine in Oregon. 

Wow, we have rules in Oregon also, not to that extent though. No cat-back mods, and no louder than 100+ DB and your fine in Oregon.

I don't even know the laws like that in Texas.. :D

The only real way to combat the law is before inspection just put on stock exhaust, however that can't be said for aftermarket turbocharged cars which is such a pain. Or you can find the chillest mechanic and get it passed without any work to be done to the car.

I'm not a car expert but I have access to a real beast.  (I want to learn more about cars though, I'm getting my drivers license soon). 

I present to you.  My Mum's Sexy Toyota Ipsum

post-42942-0-21216900-1419216643_thumb.j

I'm not a car expert but I have access to a real beast.  (I want to learn more about cars though, I'm getting my drivers license soon). 

I present to you. 

Bro, I'm in the same position as you. I'm getting my license on the 28th. In the spring I'm gonna sell my boring FWD Toyota Celica to a 1995 - 2001 Mazda Miata (MX-5) NB. Both of the cars are going to be ridiculous to insure, like god damn.

Bro, I'm in the same position as you. I'm getting my license on the 28th. In the spring I'm gonna sell my boring FWD Toyota Celica to a 1995 - 2001 Mazda Miata (MX-5) NB. Both of the cars are going to be ridiculous to insure, like god damn.

ikr.  I'm hoping my Grandma will give me her car since she rarely uses it.  I don't know the particular model but its worth about $8,000-$10,000 and shes rich anyways. If she does then I can actually drive into school and its got 5 seats with a wheel cover and seat covers and has a giant wagon boot, with a bar there.  So, it would be pretty good to have.  As a bonus, its red. 

Its the 1996 Hyundai Lantra GL sportswagon in awesome condition. 

ikr.  I'm hoping my Grandma will give me her car since she rarely uses it.  I don't know the particular model but its worth about $8,000-$10,000 and shes rich anyways. If she does then I can actually drive into school and its got 5 seats with a wheel cover and seat covers and has a giant wagon boot, with a bar there.  So, it would be pretty good to have.  As a bonus, its red. 

Its the 1996 Hyundai Lantra GL sportswagon in awesome condition.

Makes me happy I'm able to drive one of these..

2013_ford_f_150_4wd_supercrew_145_lariat

Makes me happy I'm able to drive one of these..

2013_ford_f_150_4wd_supercrew_145_lariat

HOLY $%^^%^^!!!

Lucky!!!!!  

HOLY $%^^%^^!!!

Lucky!!!!!

No payments either, or insurance going up. When my mom added me it went down by $15.

Best thing is my awesome gas mileage.. :D 22/30

No payments either, or insurance going up. When my mom added me it went down by $15.

Best thing is my awesome gas mileage.. :D 22/30

Mate, I'm going to die of jealousy.

Mate, I'm going to die of jealousy.

I'm fortunate enough to have a mom who saved up money for a bit to buy our truck outright. And I think the reason I didn't make the insurance go up is because I aced my driving test.

10271499_10152948885922112_6925155654985

Some guy trashed a Hellcat a hour after buying it...

YOU NEVER USE THE RED KEY ON PUBLIC ROADS!

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

YOU NEVER USE THE RED KEY ON PUBLIC ROADS!

Nah, it's fine on a straight road.

How about dat F-Type

Sounds too gaudy for me. Jags should sound a bit more sophisticated IMO. Not like an 'Murican V8. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just doesnt match the car.

2011_nissan_altima_sedan_25-s_fq_oem_1_5

I'm going to be trading in this, for this, hopefully:

2010-mazdaspeed-3-photo-275015-s-1280x78

Awesome! Speed3's are epic. Buddy of mine wanted to get a first gen

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May