Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I wasn't talking about putting the little 100hp 4E into a Camry lol. I was talking about putting the 3S-GTE from a wrecked Carlos Sainz Celica GT4 with anti-lag enabled into a Paseo and then rallying the shit out of it because it weighs 2,000lbs and now has 300HP.

I'm sure people do swap a K24 into a Miata, same as people swapping a 7A-FE into a MK1 MR2 or into a AE86, sometimes torque and cheap is better fit to your goals.

300HP in a tiny car like the Paseo would be insane; my uncle tuned his '93 Toyota MR2 to 300HP and the acceleration was ridiculous even though the MR2 weighs 700 pounds more than the Paseo. He actually just put a 500HP 3S-GTE in his MR2, making it even more of a death trap lol

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Megan Racing Lowering Springs

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

5 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Says Mr Protege God Car

Lol On a sidenote I actually dig the styling of the paseo 🤷 the front kinda reminds me of a 90's Honda/Acura.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

13 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Says Mr Protege God Car

the ultimate in basic ass econobox

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Well, I've found out driving is pretty fun. Been taking classes for the hell of it, and it's been pretttyyy good. City driving still freaks me out mildly, but mountain roads and stuff are fun. Also cool but sketchy af that the instructor doesn't really care, lets me do 10kph over..... 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

14 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Well, I've found out driving is pretty fun. Been taking classes for the hell of it, and it's been pretttyyy good. City driving still freaks me out mildly, but mountain roads and stuff are fun. Also cool but sketchy af that the instructor doesn't really care, lets me do 10kph over..... 

inb4 you get pulled for speeding

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

10 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

inb4 you get pulled for speeding

It's fine, the driving instructor told me to tell them I forgot my ID and give em a fake name.... Go figure bosnia, amiright?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

On 7/20/2019 at 11:05 AM, vinyldash303 said:

is your make/model listed on rockauto.com? That site should at least give you a part number

It's a common car, the car label just states it has a different transmission I believe. And the autozone website uses the F4A-el trans while my car says it has the 4EC-AT trans. I'm not an expert lol, I just don't want to drop the pan and try and install the wrong parts. 

Join the nyalliance today, nya! <3

Join the spider alliance today! <3

Join the lions server today! <3

Join us and count aniak today! :)

Join us and count Wonder bread today! ;)

<3 Annie wonder <3

JOIN DIRECTOR X

JOIN JVCK

12 minutes ago, veldora said:

It's a common car, the car label just states it has a different transmission I believe. And the autozone website uses the F4A-el trans while my car says it has the 4EC-AT trans. I'm not an expert lol, I just don't want to drop the pan and try and install the wrong parts. 

https://mazda626.net/topic/18315-4ec-at/

You probably have the same shitty CD4E I have, even my good newly rebuilt one from Jasper isn't a great trans. The programming in the PCM is poor for them and even once updated it's still poor. Whole trans is a flop but since I replaced mine (slipped into neutral a few times and a few times got stuck in gear and stalled the car), I'm going to drive it till rust claims it.

9 hours ago, IKnight said:

10 over, wow, what a crime xD

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

31 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Maniac

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

driving classes for the hell of it? what are you... American? 

20 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

man the shit you can get into by going 5 over with a learners permit or even worse ... without a permit or DL  .... 😂

know too many people who dont have the ability to get a license for about 5 years ... cause of doing that shit ... 

It's fine, the driving instructor told me to tell them I forgot my ID and give em a fake name.... Go figure bosnia, amiright?

sooo.... you aint trying to be a swede no more? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

man the shit you can get into by going 5 over with a learners permit or even worse ... without a permit or DL  .... 😂

know too many people who dont have the ability to get a license for about 5 years ... cause of doing that shit ...

My instructor (also my aunt, so she was a lenient af with me, she knew I already knew how to drive anyway) couldn't care less when I was doing 60 on a 50 xd

I honestly don't understand why instructors insist on making learners drive at like 20/30 (or maybe the learners don't have the confidence to drive any faster, can't blame them). You're never going to that in the real world, and it's a whole lot more dangerous to be going so slow.

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

My instructor (also my uncle, so she was a lenient af with me, she knew I already knew how to drive anyway) couldn't care less when I was doing 60 on a 50 xd

I honestly don't understand why instructors insist on making learners drive at like 20/30 (or maybe the learners don't have the confidence to drive any faster, can't blame them). You're never going to that in the real world, and it's a whole lot more dangerous to be going so slow.

>uncle 
>she 
🤔

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

>uncle 
>she 
🤔

brain broke

9 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

My instructor (also my aunt, so she was a lenient af with me, she knew I already knew how to drive anyway) couldn't care less when I was doing 60 on a 50 xd

anyways ... the driving instructors here make the learner drive AT the speed limit ... not lower .. not higher ....

the safest speed to drive at .. keep up with traffic 👌

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

https://mazda626.net/topic/18315-4ec-at/

You probably have the same shitty CD4E I have, even my good newly rebuilt one from Jasper isn't a great trans. The programming in the PCM is poor for them and even once updated it's still poor. Whole trans is a flop but since I replaced mine (slipped into neutral a few times and a few times got stuck in gear and stalled the car), I'm going to drive it till rust claims it.

Yeah? I've got suspicion that it's been rebuilt or replaced as most of the front end has been. It drives really nicely and quickly too actually. I just want to keep maintaining it, hence why I wanted a new filter. 

Join the nyalliance today, nya! <3

Join the spider alliance today! <3

Join the lions server today! <3

Join us and count aniak today! :)

Join us and count Wonder bread today! ;)

<3 Annie wonder <3

JOIN DIRECTOR X

JOIN JVCK

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

driving classes for the hell of it? what are you... American? 

sooo.... you aint trying to be a swede no more? 

I mean it's good practice for next year. And they're pretty cheap. Also just something fun to do. :P

And yeah, it's a pretty hefty fine if you get pulled over. 

As for the being a Swede part.... I never tried to be a Swede? I only live there cause I have to. But Okie. :)

Finally doing a little on my car detailing today, re-hydrated some of the bugs off the front bumper and mirrors and buffed out some scratches in the drivers quarter. I need to get some more Meg's Ultimate so I can go over the whole car and cut out the more noticeable scratches and smooth the edges on the ones I can't take out, well don't want to take out as I'd have no paint left. Some scratches are OK, car is nearly 20 years old and the paint up front is rough anyway. I'll be happy once it's all detailed, my dang toe has made it impossible to crouch without pain until now and prior to that it's been to hot in the garage to work even with the door to the house open.

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Finally doing a little on my car detailing today, re-hydrated some of the bugs off the front bumper and mirrors and buffed out some scratches in the drivers quarter. I need to get some more Meg's Ultimate so I can go over the whole car and cut out the more noticeable scratches and smooth the edges on the ones I can't take out, well don't want to take out as I'd have no paint left. Some scratches are OK, car is nearly 20 years old and the paint up front is rough anyway. I'll be happy once it's all detailed, my dang toe has made it impossible to crouch without pain until now and prior to that it's been to hot in the garage to work even with the door to the house open.

Can’t Put a portable unit or window unit in your garage just for when you’re in there? They work surprisingly well even in not too greatly insulated rooms. Not perfect but waaay better 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Can’t Put a portable unit or window unit in your garage just for when you’re in there? They work surprisingly well even in not too greatly insulated rooms. Not perfect but waaay better 

It's been in the mid 90's with very high humidity, I've got no where to vent the heat from a portable AC unit. My dehumidifier I used to run in the garage when detailing broke last fall and I haven't replaced it yet. I don't work in air conditioning so when I got home on those days I'm just too exhausted from the heat to do anything but rest in the cooler house. I made some progress, it's more about starting it so I have to finish it, I just hadn't really started and the foot and heat stopped me dead. Also some anxiety about using the new buffer, but it works a treat with a finishing pad and some meg ultimate, no swirls and takes down the scratches well enough for my old car. It'll look much better when I'm done, I already have a sequence I do that leaves me swirl free so it's just a matter of doing that again and watching it drink up the light out in the sunshine once more.

11 hours ago, IKnight said:

I mean it's good practice for next year. And they're pretty cheap. Also just something fun to do. :P

And yeah, it's a pretty hefty fine if you get pulled over. 

As for the being a Swede part.... I never tried to be a Swede? I only live there cause I have to. But Okie. :)

Doesn't sound like good practice if the instructor is instructing you to do illegal shit :P

Also why only next year? 

And the swede part 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg.ce376333dd21b7e91ce5d3386c0573a2.jpg

9 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Doesn't sound like good practice if the instructor is instructing you to do illegal shit :P

Also why only next year? 

And the swede part 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg.ce376333dd21b7e91ce5d3386c0573a2.jpg

Too young to get it this year my dude. 

It's good practice cause I'm learning how to *actually* drive, like regular ppl do haha. 

bvbcyd04q0b31.jpg