Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

the no temp gauge thing honda does in some of their cars is not their brightest idea

I guess i'd understand if the car went into limp mode at the same time to maybe alert the driver "hey, you should probably stop this thing" but I don't think they do

Alot of the time they don't.
They just keep on keeping on until they can't keep on anymore but some have said it's a form of job security. Not exactly the kind I'd like to have but that's how it works out because somebody has to fix that mess if it's done at all.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Old old cars often just had overheat lights,they were juuuuuust fine.

Super responsive Honda touch screen here.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

Old old cars often just had overheat lights,they were juuuuuust fine.

Super responsive Honda touch screen here.

Usually due to the customers oily skin eating the touch interface. You can try to clean it, but usually it needs a new unit.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

56 minutes ago, vetali said:

Usually due to the customers oily skin eating the touch interface. You can try to clean it, but usually it needs a new unit.

It's a replacement screen from a couple years ago, due to customer poking the original too hard. Gee wonder why.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

It's a replacement screen from a couple years ago, due to customer poking the original too hard. Gee wonder why.

He might want to stop gorilla fisting it then.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

On 2/1/2024 at 4:23 AM, bcredeur97 said:

I’m sorry, what? 

95k euros for an 86? That’s…. Insane 

On 2/2/2024 at 10:13 AM, atxcyclist said:

What? How do you afford a car if there’s double its value in environmental fees? So a Corolla or similar costs 50k euros or something when it’s all done? Does everyone just drive a half-century-old Peugeot? It’s been like 25 years since I’ve visited France, I wasn’t very car-aware at that time either, but I don’t remember everyone driving a Citroen 2CV.

Yup, due the CO2 pollution of the 2L NA engine. It is being discontinued in France because of that.

https://www.italpassion.fr/en/maserati/maserati-assassinated-by-the-ecological-malus-francais-2024/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltaylor/2023/09/30/french-outrage-as-2024-emissions-tariffs-add-thousands-to-new-car-prices/?sh=4c7278f83974

The new mustang is fire

IM KIDDING CHILL
I bet I pissed of a bunch of american car guys. 

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

The new mustang is fire

IM KIDDING CHILL
I bet I pissed of a bunch of american car guys. 

it is tho

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

7 hours ago, vetali said:

He might want to stop gorilla fisting it then.

Well he's dead now, widow is driving it. I just wish there was something I could do to make that stupid screen useable.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Well he's dead now, widow is driving it. I just wish there was something I could do to make that stupid screen useable.

United radio takes in cores of Honda radios. When we get one it has a return label in the box for them. You might be able to contact them and see what they can do.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

United radio takes in cores of Honda radios. When we get one it has a return label in the box for them. You might be able to contact them and see what they can do.

No reset or anything that's....free? Is it just that laggy or is it really not registering touches? To be clear, this one had the screen replaced once already for the same issue of being totally unresponsive to to point he jabbed it so hard it broke it.

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

No reset or anything that's....free? Is it just that laggy or is it really not registering touches? To be clear, this one had the screen replaced once already for the same issue of being totally unresponsive to to point he jabbed it so hard it broke it.

When it lags it will triple beep, that looks like not registering to me.

Got a little work to do tomorrow on the daily ride.

While coming home from looking for a Lego set called "Bouquet of Roses" for the wife (Valentine's day) the car (2010 Altima - 2.5Ltr) started jerking and feeling like it was about to come apart in general.... But after a few moments I figured out it was just one of the sparkplug boots had cracked and it was arcing through, causing a skip.

I've dealt with it before and that's why I knew what it was right after it started, easy fix and I have a full set of coilpacks with boots for it already onhand - Just gotta do the fix.

Drove it home with the trans in manual mode so I could keep the engine within an RPM range that wasn't causing alot of shake/jerking and made it back just fine.

BTW I found a large set of Lego roses, last one in the store out of both set sizes (Wal-Mart) and you know I grabbed it when I found it.
I was also suprised to find out those things are on backorder for 2 months from Lego.... Got lucky I guess since several places were already sold out of both, small and large sets and the large set I got wasn't cheap but as long as the wife is happy - Worth it.

I'll get the car sorted sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: It's sorted and running just fine now, took about 20 minutes to get done including digging up tools to do it - Which wasn't much to find in the first place.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Bought a 2024 Mitsubishi RVR, have driven it just over a week.  Honeymoon phase for a new car.

I think it's more I missed my 2009 Outlander (written off by insurance last year due to an accident), and honestly I didn't want to put too much into a new car (otherwise I would have gone for the normal Outlander) - I fit, it drives, I don't care for most 4 door sedans (except the Altima I was driving back in '99), and we don't need the extra cargo space as the kids are grown up now. Would have loved to get the Outlander PHEV,  maybe in a few years.

Wouldn't have purchased it except for the used 2007 Suzuki XL7 we were driving had its timing chain skip badly/break while going 100kmh..which basically nuked it from orbit (interference engines ftw). Had done all the maintenance/oil changes too. Which was too bad, I really liked it.  Dang GM 3.6L engines, I tell you.

I do alot of street racing, and take the sport serious as it can be dangerous at times, that is with the wrong person behind the wheel. but after 20 plus years of honing in my skills iv'e hit the ceiling and now its just a hobby, below is my new ride its fast sleek and gets the job done, and if I ever wanna race again its got the power and tourque. looking forward to tuning the exhaust.

IMG-7915-480x480-2x-9624a03b-2f7e-426a-9

Finally got the Sylvania Zevo amber T10 installed with the error fixers that I made plug and play. 30-50% brighter head on, match the turn signal color better, and are a little brighter from the side. Negative is they ugly AF when off.

IMG_20240208_201151.jpg

20240208_132913.jpg

Going tomorrow to look at a "red hot 2" 2015 Chevy SS.. not really the model year or color I WANT... but it's 15,000 cheaper than the closest 2017 Heron white..

going just to check it out.. test drive, look over everything and check for any rust since it's up in Akron ohio.
clean carfax, but it does have 99k miles.. which isn't a big deal to me since my G8 had a clean carfax with 113k when I bought it 0 rust and no body damage, just ripped leathers. and the engine was spotless when I opened it up to do the DoD delete in 2022

50-50 shot of bringing it home tomorrow.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

47 minutes ago, Vonrottes said:

Going tomorrow to look at a "red hot 2" 2015 Chevy SS.. not really the model year or color I WANT... but it's 15,000 cheaper than the closest 2017 Heron white..

going just to check it out.. test drive, look over everything and check for any rust since it's up in Akron ohio.
clean carfax, but it does have 99k miles.. which isn't a big deal to me since my G8 had a clean carfax with 113k when I bought it 0 rust and no body damage, just ripped leathers. and the engine was spotless when I opened it up to do the DoD delete in 2022

50-50 shot of bringing it home tomorrow.

Hey - Good luck you you on it.

Pawn shop score for today, anyone wanna guess the out the door price?

Screenshot_20240209-155903~2.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

24 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Pawn shop score for today, anyone wanna guess the out the door price?

Are there tags still on that? Nice find!

On 2/7/2024 at 11:14 PM, djksm said:

it is tho

electric?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)