Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Kind of feeling like doing another roadtrip to a far away land 

I’ve done Colorado, Montana, southern and Northern California, Florida(key west), Tennessee/North Carolina (multiple times)

thinking maybe east coast as I’m a bit lacking there, but that’s all big cities and I kind of hate big cities 😂

or somewhere or the Dakotas? @Real_PhillBert (I think you’re near there?) is that worth it? Thinking badlands but not really sure what else I should see there lol 

Check out some old factories / town in Pennsylvania

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

yawn suggestion

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Can't wait to hear how you also blew it up

It was cheap enough to where even if it violently explodes, I won't be out much money haha.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

14 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Best non individual colour too

I wanted an F31 to replace my M240i but the mrs wouldnt let me spend that much again 

Yeah Estoril is probably my favourite F3x non individual colour after maybe Snapper Rocks, and then only in bright sunlight. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I’ve been there before actually! Went there in the Miata lol 

it was a few years ago while I was on Christmas break. I saw the weather was nice so just basically woke up one morning and went 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Kind of feeling like doing another roadtrip to a far away land 

I’ve done Colorado, Montana, southern and Northern California, Florida(key west), Tennessee/North Carolina (multiple times)

thinking maybe east coast as I’m a bit lacking there, but that’s all big cities and I kind of hate big cities 😂

or somewhere or the Dakotas? @Real_PhillBert (I think you’re near there?) is that worth it? Thinking badlands but not really sure what else I should see there lol 

Good memory, I live in Fargo ND.

Honestly all the interesting stuff in ND/SD is on the western edge in the badlands area. That area is super cool, the rest of ND/SD is pretty unexciting if I'm honest. 

The badlands has a ton of awesome hiking and camping places, so if you're into that, it's great.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I’ve been there before actually! Went there in the Miata lol 

it was a few years ago while I was on Christmas break. I saw the weather was nice so just basically woke up one morning and went 

I gotcha.

Depending on what you want to see/do...the western part of NY is very pretty

There is always Centralia PA.... 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 hours ago, IKnight said:

It was cheap enough to where even if it violently explodes, I won't be out much money haha.

Sounds like that's what you should be doing then 😄

39 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Sweet dual exhaust bruh!

I'm not an expert on exhaust systems, but that looks like a real hack job guaranteed to cause backpressure.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

21 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'm not an expert on exhaust systems, but that looks like a real hack job guaranteed to cause backpressure.

20 bucks says that things a max 200bhp shitbox which would be fine with a 1.5 inch all the way thru. I doubt backpressure would be much of a problem, if any...

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

19 minutes ago, IKnight said:

20 bucks says that things a max 200bhp shitbox which would be fine with a 1.5 inch all the way thru. I doubt backpressure would be much of a problem, if any...

I dunno, I see leaf springs and a propshaft...a truck of some sort I think?

Fun fact, tempered glass explodes when you bring it from a (relatively) cold garage and put it directly facing the sun. It wasn't even a day that breached over 70, and at 9am with all the windows cracked there was no heat in the car

20230506_092906.thumb.jpg.2a767f8eb4b2a72980c3eea90788f199.jpg

Also fun fact: $0 deductible on glass is great 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, IKnight said:

the frame and suspension makes me want to say a truck 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

2 hours ago, IKnight said:

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I dunno, I see leaf springs and a propshaft...a truck of some sort I think?

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

the frame and suspension makes me want to say a truck 

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 LS engine.

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Fun fact, tempered glass explodes when you bring it from a (relatively) cold garage and put it directly facing the sun. It wasn't even a day that breached over 70, and at 9am with all the windows cracked there was no heat in the car

20230506_092906.thumb.jpg.2a767f8eb4b2a72980c3eea90788f199.jpg

Ouch, you'll be finding glass for days. Worst I get is my old Mazda will stall when I exit the warm car wash into the cold winter air.

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

Sweet dual exhaust bruh!

It's a realllllllyyyyyyyyy long X pipe

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

f

On 5/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, vetali said:

I've seen plenty of dead Hondas.

I mean, any car can die at any time for any reason. Lots of dead Hondas doesn't mean much when they were all probably past 300,000 miles on the ODO or pushed beyond their limits by idiots who think they can just drop in a Big Turbo/Stage 2+ or Stage 3 system without replacing factory internals with forged ones.

Honda engines are tough and theres no real reports of issues with Stage 1 on the SI, but you gotta love how these idiots think that every Honda Engine is as strong as a 2JZ-GTE when in reality that 2J was an incredibly unique and over-built motor made for a unique time in history the likes of which we will NEVER see from an OEM on a street car ever again.

Stage 1 is simply upping the boost on the factory turbo a bit (turns factory wastegate up to maximum safe pressure before release) and advances the ignition timing to a more agressive setup, thats pretty much it.

So no, its not gonna blow up like those dead Hondas you have seen. Remember that the Civic is nearly everyone's first experimental tuner car. Tons of people do stupid shit with them and then learn from it.

The factory tune is basically for emissions, its a modern 2020 car and the emissions are strict as hell these days, thats all it really is.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

32 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

2J was an incredibly unique and over-built motor made for a unique time in history the likes of which we will NEVER see from an OEM on a street car ever again.

> BMW B58 has entered the chat.

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

6 hours ago, HM-2 said:

> BMW B58 has entered the chat.

B58 is powerful and well-built but its not really on the same level as the 2J.

The 2JZ was designed by Toyota engineers to circumvent a gentleman's agreement that was agreed upon by all Japanese manufacturers at the time, an agreement that said no manufacturer shall produce a road-car that exceeded 270-ish BHP.

But this was the crazed 80's and 90's, every consumer wanted more power. So, Toyota purposefully engineered the 2JZ to be capable of handling 700-800 BHP internally while selling the Supra with just 270-ish BHP from the factory.

This is what made the 2JZ such an iconic engine. Toyota literally used a loophole exploit to give consumers easy access to insane amounts of power on purpose in order to turn the Supra into the Icon that it is.

The only Automotive Achievement I can think of that comes close to the 2JZ is the Nissan R-32 GTR:

Or I guess perhaps the Mclaren F1:

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

B58 is powerful and well-built but its not really on the same level as the 2J.

Actually, they're extremely similar in terms of the sorts of power levels they'll reliably hold on stock internals. Around 650whp/650wtq on 98 RON and 750/750 on methanol are considered (relatively) safe upper limits for both the 2JZ and the B58 for hard driven cars with factory bottom ends. 

In some ways, the B58 is arguably "easier" to coax that sort of power out of, given ~600whp can ge reliably achieved with something like a Pure 800 turbo, catless downpipe, Dorsch stage 2 high pressure fuel pump and a tune, with no other supporting modifications other than an aluminium charge pipe. It's going over that point where stuff gets a bit more challenging and where you could argue the the 2JZ has an advantage in "ease of adding power" as there's a lot more options for increasing fueling than you get with the direct injection B58 (basically, meth or bust).

None of this should be seen as downplaying the incredible achievement that Toyota made with the 2JZ, given early 90s material science. But we are at a point now where we're seeing other platforms reliably make similar power on standard internals with- relatively speaking- minimal modifications. What's really amazing, imo, is that it took nearly 25 years!

9 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

The only Automotive Achievement I can think of that comes close to the 2JZ is the Nissan R-32 GTR:

Group B says hello.

5 hours ago, HM-2 said:

direct injection B58

Not 100% certain but Im pretty sure the brand new Gen 3s have port injection in addition to DI

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I hate cottonwood so much

509D8FC0-DC22-4463-AB43-4874683EE2BE.thumb.jpeg.9f7f01fed941351c1cbd37686917c2a1.jpeg

my strategy has been a wooden skewer and suffering

4 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Not 100% certain but Im pretty sure the brand new Gen 3s have port injection in addition to DI

I think the TU2 does have port injection too, but mostly for valve washing rather than actual fuelling. Similar to VW. 

Someone I know wants to sell a a T-Ford 1929 in mint condition and asks me for advice.

I know zinc about these stuffs.

Can you guys help us with info and websites to get the job done without getting cheated ?

We live in Quebec.

Thanks.