Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 5/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Most gas stations here have their own rewards cards and some offer credit cards, not counting Costco or Walmart.

On another note: Master SS.

2D4B7B66-221C-4754-9343-A69687C21378.jpeg

Man, that's pretty. I need to wash mine...

10 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

You took what I said out of context you quoted "not that fun to drive" what I said was "most of them arent fun to drive". I see what you did there 😏

Who, me?

I'm totally innocent! 🤣

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

8 hours ago, bimmerman said:

I need to wash mine...

We are on water restrictions where I live, no wash for me, and all my cars are dark coloured, and the pollen is the worst I've seen in ages.

My black Saturn Sky is now almost completely yellow.

Normally there are charity car washes every weekend around here, but I've driven for hours around town and beyond, can't find a single one.

It's triggering my OCD something fierce.

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

We are on water restrictions where I live, no wash for me, and all my cars are dark coloured, and the pollen is the worst I've seen in ages.

My black Saturn Sky is now almost completely yellow.

Normally there are charity car washes every weekend around here, but I've driven for hours around town and beyond, can't find a single one.

It's triggering my OCD something fierce.

they even close down public car washes when that happens?

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

they even close down public car washes when that happens?

Yup, the local water plant is doing some kind of major upgrade to the pumps, so everything is affected. Fines are started to *start* at 1,000$ for each infraction, so they are pretty serious about this.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yup, the local water plant is doing some kind of major upgrade to the pumps, so everything is affected. Fines are started to *start* at 1,000$ for each infraction, so they are pretty serious about this.

try a waterless solution?

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@AlwaysFSX well Discord is down but my oil live is at 80% and I’ve gone 1100 miles on this service interval so far. Rotella T6 5w-40 with 14 oz of motorkote at a deep filter. PF63e IIRC

|::::xxxxxx| 
|xxxxxxxxxx|
3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Also holy balls I need to wash this thing

C7F38A04-05E1-4CA1-ADCF-B536B821C9A2.jpeg

why 5w-40? you tracking the thing?

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

why 5w-40? you tracking the thing?

It calls for 5w-30 just like the S10 but I like to run the rotella. Both are high milage engines so I think the heavier hot side is helpful to the cam and lifters. 

|xxxxxxxxxx|
20 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its easier than BMWs. Only gens that are really relevant. 

OBS

NBS

NNBS

‘2015+’

while BMW was sticking to just E and number it was easy ... after they got F and G in ... now its slightly confusing 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I might be in the minority here, but I genuinely dig the Kia Stinger. I'd buy one of those over a 5 series if I was given a choice between the two new.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Yes, I'm gay and don't give a shit about pride. My sexuality isn't my personality; my VHS tapes and my video captures are.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I might be in the minority here, but I genuinely dig the Kia Stinger. I'd buy one of those over a 5 series if I was given a choice between the two new.

the car itself is quite amazing, but i am not a fan of the looks ... mainly the rear 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

G70 and Stinger are very nice 🙏

| Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread |

:x@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 52ever :x
Current Rig:
Spoiler

}} Titania  *December 22, 2017* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba 1TB HDD (2.5" 5400rpm) - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Logitech G603 - LG 24MP59HT-P~

Planned Upgrades:

Spoiler

}} R.U.D.I (Rebrand and Mild Refresh of Titania) *On-going 2019* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G513 Carbon - Logitech G603~

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Friend was telling me Kia stingers can be had for a steep discount right now at most dealers, with powerful 3.3L one that is the only one you should get being the biggest discounted one.

Must not be selling well

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Friend was telling me Kia stingers can be had for a steep discount right now at most dealers, with powerful 3.3L one that is the only one you should get being the biggest discounted one.

Must not be selling well

Yeah, there’s a 2018 GT1 here in my city for $44k and I bet you could negotiate a hell of a discount on one, too.

If you can get a GT1 for under 40, then it becomes an amazing argument against a Chevy SS if you don’t mind not having a V8.

Yes, I'm gay and don't give a shit about pride. My sexuality isn't my personality; my VHS tapes and my video captures are.

*Anecdotal second hand experience warning!*

One of my neighbors a few doors down used to have a 2017 Stinger GT. I remember I noticed it pretty soon after he bought it, very sharp looking in red. I talked to him about it about a week or so after he bought it and he was loving it, had lots of good things to say.

Then about a year later it was gone. One day I was out, washing my car actually, and saw him outside so I asked him what happened to the Stinger, "lemon-ed." He said it was all good for about 4k miles then from then on he had almost perpetual CELs; about every sensor on the car. I guess the dealer replaced a "bunch of different sensors" then the ECU itself when the lights came back. Shortly after that the ignition wouldn't recognize the keys anymore. Shortly after that the climate control decided it would do what it wanted. he said that at about 10k miles the dealer bought the car back and he bought a Charger. 

Again, that's exactly one guys experience so take from it what you will. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Rolls Royce Wraith totaled in Chicago after a shooting outside a night club

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/05/08/club-cuvee-shooting-river-north-crash-ontario-feeder-ramp/

Car was part of a rental fleet, and still on their site

boi.PNG

59753672_10157374643942940_4549819007393333248_o.jpg

59777188_10157374643902940_3385576767858147328_o.jpg

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

*Anecdotal second hand experience warning!*

One of my neighbors a few doors down used to have a 2017 Stinger GT. I remember I noticed it pretty soon after he bought it, very sharp looking in red. I talked to him about it about a week or so after he bought it and he was loving it, had lots of good things to say.

Then about a year later it was gone. One day I was out, washing my car actually, and saw him outside so I asked him what happened to the Stinger, "lemon-ed." He said it was all good for about 4k miles then from then on he had almost perpetual CELs; about every sensor on the car. I guess the dealer replaced a "bunch of different sensors" then the ECU itself when the lights came back. Shortly after that the ignition wouldn't recognize the keys anymore. Shortly after that the climate control decided it would do what it wanted. he said that at about 10k miles the dealer bought the car back and he bought a Charger. 

Again, that's exactly one guys experience so take from it what you will. 

when your car needs an IT guy in the backseat

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

when your car needs an IT guy in the backseat

Dude, that's like every car now tho! With the multiplex networks in them sometimes there's no clear line of sight from the data port to the module, it runs data on one bus for the port then another module takes that and starts handing it off via proprietary protocols to the other modules in a round robin configuration where if one module in the series is out then the other modules after it may not communicate fully. They may get only low speed data and not high speed data or vice versa or only serial data not multiplex, or none of it. Sometimes you'll throw coms faults in 10 out of 28 modules in a vehicle and it's because one module has corrupt software and you can't confirm that without replacing the suspect module BUT when you're an independent shop that gets dicey because the dealer you have to bring it to for programming can just blow smoke up your ass and say 'oh yea, no coms so we're gonna need like $10,000 to replace the whole wire harness' and fuck all if you know if they're telling the truth or full of shit because there's no specs released for that proprietary data bus transmission, not like CAN bus where you can put a lab scope on it and look to see if it's switching the lines high and low to say it's talking and there's specs for what's high and low and what kind of pull down or pull up times you should be seeing. 

In other words, it's an un-standardized shit show where they're trying to make it as difficult as possible for the aftermarket so they use force consumers to pad their bottom lines by forever coming back to the dealer service dept for repairs over the life of the car. They make money on the sale and then keep making money on the service, they're trying to turn cars into 'subscription' products, I swear!

I still can't believe I want a fucking Crown Victoria.

Then again, I don't want a Grand Marquis, a Caprice or a Roadmaster and the Impala SS and the Marauder are too expensive.