Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

You're confused, Mazda made the Miata not MG.

Ya but the mgb is literally a Miata before the Miata was cool

29 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

it aint a miata

It is kinda like a Miata, it's small convertible sports car without much power, but just looks cool and fun

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

You're confused, Mazda made the Miata not MG.

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

also it aint a miata

Tiny two seater convertible?

That's a Miata type of car.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Nope. Removing my HDD helps slightly but its still very slow compared to those older systems and my laptop.

Controller driver reinstall maybe? Dunno what the cause might be.

6 hours ago, fpo said:

Yeah but we expected them to do that cuz Honda and Toyota are Japan and have to own the us branches...

Ford on the other hand is a US company, so it's part of the Illuminati. 

Don't forget Ford was the one out of the big three that just said "No" to gov bailout money back in 2010 but at the same time they did kill off Mercury on their own as part of slimming down things.

It's no coincidence other lines like Pontiac, Plymouth and others were killed off in 2010 too because I believe that was part of the conditions of getting the gov bailout - For these companies to make their operation more "Efficient" or streamlined as they say. 

What it really meant for GM and Chrysler.....
The gov bait was taken, the gov hook was set and "Heh-heh-heh.... Now we, the gov own your asses."

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

6 hours ago, fpo said:

Yeah but we expected them to do that cuz Honda and Toyota are Japan and have to own the us branches...

Ford on the other hand is a US company, so it's part of the Illuminati. 

The Ford is a division of Ford Motor Company, same as Lincoln. In a weird way Ford owns the Ford that makes cars.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Lincoln was an actual maker on their own at one time. Lincoln Motor Company - Wikipedia
Now it's just a line Ford purchased years ago and made to be Ford's luxury division.

Mercury itself was a line Ford created themselves but that was killed off in 2010 like so many others were.
Mercury (automobile) - Wikipedia

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Toyota makes fork lifts too and heavier duty trucks under the Hino brand. Tow company up the road has a couple Hino trucks and they like them, say they're the most reliable and lowest maintenance in their fleet. Always start, never break down, run smooth, and not hard on fuel.

13 minutes ago, Caroline said:

WAIT A MINUTE

I've never commented in this thread yet I get notifications

??????????????????

I thought this was the MOTF thread??

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

29 minutes ago, Caroline said:

WAIT A MINUTE

??????????????????

I reported it cuz people were posting in the wrong thread. 

Now it's merged. 

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Toyota makes fork lifts too and heavier duty trucks under the Hino brand. Tow company up the road has a couple Hino trucks and they like them, say they're the most reliable and lowest maintenance in their fleet. Always start, never break down, run smooth, and not hard on fuel.

I used to work for a Nissan forklift dealer as a service tech, in my van going to where they were in the field to do whatever.
Want a test of how good you really are?
That's one way to find out since you can't take the shop with you - What you have with you is what you've got.

15 minutes ago, Caroline said:

@adminwhere angry react. I need it for this comment.

I thought it was funny

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

WAIT A MINUTE

??????????????????

59 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

I thought this was the MOTF thread??

43 minutes ago, fpo said:

I reported it cuz people were posting in the wrong thread. 

Now it's merged. 

Welcome to the superior thread.

10 hours ago, vetali said:

I am really hoping that eventually Windows puts down their foot and says you can't use a HDD as a boot disk. Tried explaining to the IT guy that everyone on HDDs is gonna complain, but naw SSDs are apparently "way too expensive", and that my i5 system will be plenty fast.

I could do my job on a celeron if it had a SSD...

I was hoping they would do this with 11 but they didn’t. They should of did this instead of saying you can use certain CPU’s. That was never a problem really, as you say. 

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

I bought 2 250GB SSD's (no dram) for like $35 a few weeks ago on sale. Don't specifically need them right now but I have them for when I do lol. It's idiotic to not have a SSD now a days. Boss bought a new laptop with a 12th gen i5, some ram n stuff, and a NVME boot drive. He's absolutely blown away by how fast it starts up and how fast it finishes updates. His old laptop was some god awful AMD CPU from the bulldozer era with a HDD and by the time it was done installing one update it was 3 updates behind lol, he'd boot it up a couple days before he needed to use it in hopes it would be ready to use and done running updates and stuff by then.

The one downside to bulldozer that really makes it unacceptable to me is how crappy the SATA controllers were

You’d put an SSD into those and they would still underperform the sata 3 spec. And have more latency than the Intel sata controllers too. (Though, granted, the sata controllers on X79 boards could randomly stop working lol but at least they were fast up until that point LOL) 

thankfully we’ve moved on from this. 

8 hours ago, vetali said:

Nope. Removing my HDD helps slightly but its still very slow compared to those older systems and my laptop.

I have noticed some newer boards just take longer to boot

probably because you can cram so much memory in nowadays, and also there’s so many features. It’s a lot to initialize. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

For sure my AM4 system has longer POST time from cold boot than some of my older stuff did. I think the fastest system to POST was probably either my Pentium 2 or Pentium 4 systems as long as memory check was turned off, fast boot was on, drives were pre-configured, and floppy check was skipped. My Haswell era stuff is pretty quick too. The absolute worst is how long AM4 systems with new memory or new CPU can take to POST...like uhh you froze or what?

Oddly enough my last bios time is also listed as 18.2 seconds. @vetali It doesn't feel that long, I may have a couple second post delay set to let me easily hit the key to get into BIOS tho.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

Honda is requiring us to get a forklift for when their EVs come out. I told management to get a Toyota for the lulz.

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I was hoping they would do this with 11 but they didn’t. They should of did this instead of saying you can use certain CPU’s. That was never a problem really, as you say. 

The one downside to bulldozer that really makes it unacceptable to me is how crappy the SATA controllers were

You’d put an SSD into those and they would still underperform the sata 3 spec. And have more latency than the Intel sata controllers too. (Though, granted, the sata controllers on X79 boards could randomly stop working lol but at least they were fast up until that point LOL) 

thankfully we’ve moved on from this. 

I have noticed some newer boards just take longer to boot

probably because you can cram so much memory in nowadays, and also there’s so many features. It’s a lot to initialize. 

I would've taken SSD requirements over TPM2.0 on Win11 any day. TPM has been nothing but a headache on AM4. I finally caved and bought a dedicated TPM... module.... yay redundancy.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

For sure my AM4 system has longer POST time from cold boot than some of my older stuff did. I think the fastest system to POST was probably either my Pentium 2 or Pentium 4 systems as long as memory check was turned off, fast boot was on, drives were pre-configured, and floppy check was skipped. My Haswell era stuff is pretty quick too. The absolute worst is how long AM4 systems with new memory or new CPU can take to POST...like uhh you froze or what?

Oddly enough my last bios time is also listed as 18.2 seconds. @vetali It doesn't feel that long, I may have a couple second post delay set to let me easily hit the key to get into BIOS tho.

Its just unacceptable. My 2500k and 4770k systems were my favorite systems because they truly felt bleeding edge at their respective times. My 8700k was just flaky and had lots of bugs. 5950x went through 1 RMA CPU, has aforementioned bugs, and I still get the occasional random crash reboot. If I stick with AMD, I will go another mobo manufacturer I think. The constant between my 8700k and 5950k is ASUS mobos. All my previous builds were rock solid and still run today.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

17 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

Ya but the mgb is literally a Miata before the Miata was cool

17 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

It is kinda like a Miata, it's small convertible sports car without much power, but just looks cool and fun

nah, you got it all wrong, the Miata is a more modern MGB shall we start calling all miatas as MGBs .. or maybe MGA as that came before the MGB?... plus the Miata aint exactly cool, its a small 2 seater low power sports car thats got no roof (in most variations) thats about it

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

Something car related: I hit a pothole once and lost my muffler and the rear part of the exhaust, what's left of the car works fine but it sounds like rattling cans ever since.

You should probably get that fixed, carbon monoxide poisoning can and does happen inside cars.

6 hours ago, vetali said:

Honda is requiring us to get a forklift for when their EVs come out. I told management to get a Toyota for the lulz.

I would've taken SSD requirements over TPM2.0 on Win11 any day. TPM has been nothing but a headache on AM4. I finally caved and bought a dedicated TPM... module.... yay redundancy.

Its just unacceptable. My 2500k and 4770k systems were my favorite systems because they truly felt bleeding edge at their respective times. My 8700k was just flaky and had lots of bugs. 5950x went through 1 RMA CPU, has aforementioned bugs, and I still get the occasional random crash reboot. If I stick with AMD, I will go another mobo manufacturer I think. The constant between my 8700k and 5950k is ASUS mobos. All my previous builds were rock solid and still run today.

Once in a blue moon my 2700X in an Asus X470 board will crash, but I'm running the memory hard and some neg offset on the cpu volts so I'm sure it's my own doing. Gigabyte and Asus are usually my go-to brands.

Wait, you needed a tpm module? I thought AMD fTPM was acceptable?? I'm running 11 100% fine all requirements met on a 4350G here. I thought all the way back to Zen+ can do 11?

Ordered myself a BlueBus for my E46. Excited for it to arrive, see if I can get bluetooth audio without changing the OEM look anything.

15 hours ago, Caroline said:

WAIT A MINUTE

??????????????????

I hope the people in this thread are ready for this to be MOTF version 6.9.42.0....

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Ordered myself a BlueBus for my E46. Excited for it to arrive, see if I can get bluetooth audio without changing the OEM look anything.

Always love the true OEM+ style of upgrading a vehicle, whether that's having a W/T Silverado with a hopped tf up motor, or adding lil nice user features behind the curtains of what's visually apparent

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

13 hours ago, Bitter said:

Once in a blue moon my 2700X in an Asus X470 board will crash, but I'm running the memory hard and some neg offset on the cpu volts so I'm sure it's my own doing. Gigabyte and Asus are usually my go-to brands.

Wait, you needed a tpm module? I thought AMD fTPM was acceptable?? I'm running 11 100% fine all requirements met on a 4350G here. I thought all the way back to Zen+ can do 11?

TPM stutter.

10 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

I hope the people in this thread are ready for this to be MOTF version 6.9.42.0....

Born ready

image.png.77df69284836d4963eaaf358a40fb812.png

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra