Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

21 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

After all day of trying to figure out how to disassemble the fuse box of which I have 0 instructions for(FSM does not cover it at all). I gave up. I Fixed the fan on the Touareg. Not proud of what I did to do it. 

but it’s nothing that isn’t un-doable. 

sorry next owner in advance. 

if it weren’t for the person who didn’t seal that fuse box gosh darn it would be fine 

no pictures. Sorry. Too embarrassed. Maybe after i get rid of it 

It can't be any worse than this absolute 3rd trimester abortion of an oil weepage seal I did on my Celica, so post up bitch. messages_0(17).thumb.jpeg.c7937a672d4a4626975a1c32b5101e04.jpeg

And to make you feel even better. Remember a few years back I posted about that Pilot that someone did a reseal on, hydrolocked the rear bolt holes and cracked the block? Service advisor ended up buying it from the customer, JB welded the shit outta it, had me put it together and flipped it when used car prices were insane. Things still driving around.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

It can't be any worse than this absolute 3rd trimester abortion of an oil weepage seal I did on my Celica, so post up bitch. -snip-

1 hour ago, vetali said:

And to make you feel even better. Remember a few years back I posted about that Pilot that someone did a reseal on, hydrolocked the rear bolt holes and cracked the block? Service advisor ended up buying it from the customer, JB welded the shit outta it, had me put it together and flipped it when used car prices were insane. Things still driving around.

Fine. you guys win. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

That doesn't look very weather proof, but with some tape and proper splice work it'll be fine for as long as you'll be keeping that car.

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Fine. you guys win. 

Eh not that bad on a personal rig other than potential rub spots on metal

send it

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

56 minutes ago, Bitter said:

That doesn't look very weather proof, but with some tape and proper splice work it'll be fine for as long as you'll be keeping that car.

25 minutes ago, vetali said:

Eh not that bad on a personal rig other than potential rub spots on metal

send it

That was while I was working on it. I ended up actually utilizing the heat shrink on the connectors and lots of zip ties to make it disappear 

770CD523-092D-4AF5-87FC-A425A688EE6C.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I thought of this the other day. How funny would it be for a fast car to have a custom license plate "TURTLE" and a slow car "CHETAH".

Main "Rig"=HP 11A G6 EE

Android Tablet

Raspberry PI Zero W 2

If you have any fun ideas for things for me to do with my PI, send me a direct message. 

I plan to upgrade within a few months to a proper computer.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, bcredeur97 said:

After all day of trying to figure out how to disassemble the fuse box of which I have 0 instructions for(FSM does not cover it at all). I gave up. I Fixed the fan on the Touareg. Not proud of what I did to do it. 

but it’s nothing that isn’t un-doable. 

sorry next owner in advance. 

if it weren’t for the person who didn’t seal that fuse box gosh darn it would be fine 

no pictures. Sorry. Too embarrassed. Maybe after i get rid of it 

Everything is un-doable with something sharp.

On 1/15/2023 at 9:05 PM, bcredeur97 said:

That was while I was working on it. I ended up actually utilizing the heat shrink on the connectors and lots of zip ties to make it disappear

That's not bad at all, I've done worse lol

@vetali@Bitter so yesterday afternoon check engine light

— pressure sensor for the adblue system. “Electrical malfunction” which I learned from the fan issue seems to mean “hey I can’t talk to this” 

looked it up in FSM and sure enough, fusebox

this morning I got the “600 miles left till engine doesn’t start warning” 

looked up dieselgate warranty. 4K miles and a till august left 

hehehehe 

warranty work on a 135,000 mile car (ends @ 138,000)

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

— pressure sensor for the adblue system. “Electrical malfunction” which I learned from the fan issue seems to mean “hey I can’t talk to this” 

hehehehe 

That thing just needs the fuse box replaced, you're going to be chasing gremlins forever if you don't. Warranty might not even cover it, they might do the pre-warranty required diagnosis and find the fuse box as the problem and DENIED.

10 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

hehehehe 

They're gonna deny it. Any way out of a diesel gate related warranty claim they'll take it.

So the Mercedes dealership found an error code P0207 "injector cylinder 7" which indicate a problem with the injector on cylinder 7 on my 4-cylinder Mercedes. 😂

She thinks she's a big girl now.

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

So the Mercedes dealership found an error code P0207 "injector cylinder 7" which indicate a problem with the injector on cylinder 7 on my 4-cylinder Mercedes. 😂

She thinks she's a big girl now.

V8 remap

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

V8 remap

You wouldn’t download a V8

Spoiler

The season is back on siuuuuuuu

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

So I'm doing more research and as with all things, brands are a good compass to quality but any specific model can vary drastically. 

I'm currently shopping for my first bike and I'm looking at getting a Kawasaki KLX 230SM dual sport motorcycle

It's about 5,200~. There's not much information on YouTube that I can find being long term trust, but a few small channels saying it's bad...

I'm basically just looking for reliability.

The market for the Suzuki drz 400 dual sport bikes is 2~3k more expensive. 

I know the saying buy once cry once... But, is the 2~3k bringing that drastic of a quality difference? 

I like the ergonomics of dual sport bikes over touring, standard, and race bikes. 

I'm curious if anyone can give input on shopping for reliable low cost dual sport ergonomic bikes for driving around town. 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

So I'm doing more research and as with all things, brands are a good compass to quality but any specific model can vary drastically. 

I'm currently shopping for my first bike and I'm looking at getting a Kawasaki KLX 230SM dual sport motorcycle

It's about 5,200~. There's not much information on YouTube that I can find being long term trust, but a few small channels saying it's bad...

I know the saying buy once cry once... But, is the 2~3k bringing that drastic of a quality difference? 

I like the ergonomics of dual sport bikes over touring, standard, and race bikes. 

I'm curious if anyone can give input on shopping for reliable low cost dual sport ergonomic bikes for driving around town. 

CRF250L? I am also looking at getting a CRF250 Rally. From my own research these bikes are rock solid for around the town and basic to mediocre off-road use.

Though I'll say my butt did not enjoy brief 10 minute ride around the block when I first rode a 250L. Seat cushion leaves a lot to be desired.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

not an enthusiast

but the only car that I ever liked I found out that it's like a limited edition so too expensive

image.png.90cc6d8833aa0d5a1a54ad4b804e67dd.png

although I don't really like the car industry since they are an oligopoly, joining the market is really diffucult because of regulations that are usually about safety and other bullshits, but in reality it protects the current industries, also known as regulatory capture

the same could be said for other industries... as with tech

13 hours ago, fpo said:

With Dual sports be careful .. they tend to be dirt bikes with license plates .. so not exactly comfortable for the most part
All dual sports will be with more or less the same ergonomics, not everyone is ok with riding them around town and none of them would be perfect *out of the box*
the DRZ400 is nowhere near as good as people make it sound like it is and they should have updated it quite long ago, not worth the money imo

230-300 to 400-450 is technically a completely different class of bikes in the dualsport world hence the price difference... nothing to do with quality
KLX230 might be too new for there to be enough information around
But get like a Honda CRF300 if you want a dual sport, they seem to be rock solid as its the same CRF250 ... just updated.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

With Dual sports be careful .. they tend to be dirt bikes with license plates .. so not exactly comfortable for the most part
All dual sports will be with more or less the same ergonomics, not everyone is ok with riding them around town and none of them would be perfect *out of the box*
the DRZ400 is nowhere near as good as people make it sound like it is and they should have updated it quite long ago, not worth the money imo

230-300 to 400-450 is technically a completely different class of bikes in the dualsport world hence the price difference... nothing to do with quality
KLX230 might be too new for there to be enough information around
But get like a Honda CRF300 if you want a dual sport, they seem to be rock solid as its the same CRF250 ... just updated.

Just based on price, ... I was doing research and the Honda Grom seems to be like the #1 most popular bike hands down for its low cost, reliability, and low difficulty. 

Might not be the most ergonomic but, I hear it has the biggest after market support, so it should be easy to adjust the ergonomics. 

ApplicationFrameHost_IW43ANlJJW.thumb.jpg.68e19cb4db303e72f0b0ba4b72c1c200.jpgApplicationFrameHost_4OrX1OGbXS.thumb.jpg.de0cca2d850973a86752cdb158d6c23d.jpg

Pics are really blown out due to screenshotting... but damn they nailed the Type R this time. Still not a fan of the side skirt design though. Feels reminiscent of the FK8. Drives great. Butt dyno says its kinda a dog in the lower RPMs like a typical older Honda. Didn't rev it out though.

On 1/23/2023 at 3:23 AM, fpo said:

Just based on price, ... I was doing research and the Honda Grom seems to be like the #1 most popular bike hands down for its low cost, reliability, and low difficulty. 

Might not be the most ergonomic but, I hear it has the biggest after market support, so it should be easy to adjust the ergonomics. 

Grom is not exactly a bike to use for commuting as it has both the downsides of small bikes and downsides of small scooters.
Nor does it benefit fuel economy with the 125cc engine as the early models (until recently) have only a 4 speed gearbox
its only popular because its cheap and easy to do stupid shit on without getting in trouble for speeding. Its kinda like the BMX bike of the motorcycle world.
it is not a bad bike for what it is, but you'd never want to commute on it as its a lot smaller than a regular bike or even scooters.

No amount of aftermarket parts will fix the ergonomic issue of it being a very tiny bike and you might not physically fit on it.
Sure if you are small enough you might be comfortable on it, but thats not often the case.

Also just remembered that for rough estimate of the seating position and ergonomics you can use this website, doesnt have all the bikes in the world .. but for a rough estimate picking a similar bike usually works.
https://cycle-ergo.com/

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO