Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

35 minutes ago, vetali said:

Gotta be careful with deletes, EPA been cracking down on shops that do them. Seen a couple shops recently that specialized in brodozers that closed up suddenly.

yeah i would of course only use the vehicle on my farm afterwards. Like a responsible human

Gotta plow the front yard field with something

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Gotta be careful with deletes, EPA been cracking down on shops that do them. Seen a couple shops recently that specialized in brodozers that closed up suddenly.

Fuckin BLESS

New daily

received_871368570778822.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

8 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

New daily

-snip-

Won the lottery? Lol 

are there even lottery’s in Europe? I’m only assuming there is lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Might drive through Florida while I’m off in a little bit.. all the way till the road ends in key west 

anything I should check out along the way? Besides the freedom factory 😂

Spoiler

I don't know anything about Florida other than I've been to some stuff around Orlando a few times and fuck that city and trying to walk anywhere.

I get to do a left rear wheel bearing pretty soon on the GF's Escape, it's making noise pretty good but no play. Some noise in the other side just starting but worst first. Also needs trailing arm bushings like they all do. I should check the alignment after replacing the bushings.

I'm planning on hitting Tail of the Dragon in 2023 again, a friend is flying into an airport on my way down there and I'm picking him up and we'll cruise down and he can dragon my car while I try not to puke in the passenger seat. My mom lives in Knoxville and knows some of the area but she's not a car person so much, what else is a good drive around there that's sort of less heavily traffic'd?

Oh and I hand un-torqued this today ????? with just a long breaker bar and a pipe ?????? I am not a big strong guy or a big guy or a strong guy. I use power tools as much as possible to do the work for me. I have 4 different air hammers because I'm lazy.

630642652_Screenshot2022-12-09at22-10-10TrackBar(LateralStabilizerRod)-ALLDATARepair.png.4c8b131fa0778250b437649abab233dc.png

Uh whut? No way was that 406 lb-ft when it left the factory LOL it came loose way too easily. F250's aren't my favorite front suspension jobs to do but they're not bad, most still comes apart pretty OK and punching the ball joints out with my air hammer is ALWAYS fun because BZZZZTTTT and it's out.

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's insane

12 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

New daily

Shop is way too clean REEEE

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

14 hours ago, vetali said:

Shop is way too clean REEEE

Its almost as if we've not had much work for a while haha

Tbf tho thats at the top of the workshop where stuff normally just gets parked up waiting for parts

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

18 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Won the lottery? Lol 

I wish lol, one of the owners many cars, had it in to repaint to front bumper ready to go to a new owner, supposedly sold it for £1.5m

15 hours ago, vetali said:

Shop Carport is way too clean REEEE

Where's the door to your house?
I don't see it in there.

If I ever pop in for a visit I'd like to not get lost in there and also not have the shop/housedog (Spotty?) chasing me around.

"Good Spotty - That's a Good Spo".....
"GRRRRRR" 😳
(With the tune "Hair of the dog" softly playing in the background for effect....)

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

16 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Where's the door to your house?
I don't see it in there.

If I ever pop in for a visit I'd like to not get lost in there and also not have the shop/housedog (Spotty?) chasing me around.

"Good Spotty - That's a Good Spo".....
"GRRRRRR" 😳
(With the tune "Hair of the dog" softly playing in the background for effect....)

what the? ... you good? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

17 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Its almost as if we've not had much work for a while haha

Tbf tho thats at the top of the workshop where stuff normally just gets parked up waiting for parts

What the fuck are you on about? We all know you're not a mechanic, quit your bullshitting.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

What the fuck are you on about? We all know you're not a mechanic, quit your bullshitting.

Shhhh they dont need to know that

Mercedes 300SL on campus today

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

3 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

-snip-

holy crap, those things exist outside of storage? Lol

Spoiler

5 hours ago, SinOfLiberty said:

About to steal car radiator to WC my pc

Honestly Pc radiators usually have a better design for their application that makes them more efficient + you can get them in copper to avoid mixing metals 

car radiators are usually cheapishly made and outside of just being able to hold together for a long while, not that efficient. They are just big 

+ you’ll need a big and probably noisy pump to make it work 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Honestly Pc radiators usually have a better design for their application that makes them more efficient + you can get them in copper to avoid mixing metals 

car radiators are usually cheapishly made and outside of just being able to hold together for a long while, not that efficient. They are just big 

+1

Car radiators not worth the cost and effort

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Used to be you could get them in copper, I know heatercores alot of the time were made from copper too but sadly it's all cheaply made plastic/potmetal these days.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

TIL AEM makes EV management stuff. Even replacement controller boards for Tesla electric motors

also 900hp Ford Escape sounds like fun lol 

Spoiler

Getting pretty tired of the sugar cane harvesting activities on the roadways here lol 

Spoiler

On 12/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, dcgreen2k said:

Virginia Tech?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

Here's something not often seen...

signal-2022-12-16-204534_002.jpeg

Ooh 

I used to want one of those. I’m sad they never made anything like it since 

Spoiler