Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Similar, the snap ring jumped out when it hit the floor. I caught the ring trying to dislodge itself the day before when I grabbed it off my box and had noticed the ring was moving around to different locations on it's own which isn't something it had ever done before. I might put a little dab of silicone sealer or blue loctite on the new ratchet to help hold the snap ring from relocating itself over time.

I pretty much was like the "oh no, anyway" Jeremy Clarkson meme. I hoard ratchets. My backups have backups.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

54 minutes ago, Bitter said:

So the other day pulling the turbo off a Saturn Sky I dropped my favorite ratchet, my Matco BFR8T. It hit the ground, popped open, and I'm missing the tiny spring that pushes the pawl up against the gear. Emailed Matco about the rebuild kit being out of stock and no distributors in the area, they emailed back to get my address to just send me a whole new BFR88 which is the newer model of the same ratchet. Awesome, especially since I found this ratchet under the hood of a stick shift 1st gen Toyota Rav4 lodged between trans and slave cylinder like 10yrs ago. That's some good customer service there!

I thought you were gonna say you lost the 10mm

43 minutes ago, vetali said:

I pretty much was like the "oh no, anyway" Jeremy Clarkson meme. I hoard ratchets. My backups have backups.

I have several others even a pre Snap on JH Williams B52 Super ratchet with it's cool double pawl mechanism. But I like the Matco BFR8T for how thin it is and how finely it ratchets so it's my 'go to'. I've got a flex head soft grip long Snappy and fixed long handle Snappy as well. I don't have a huge amount of tools, I tend to skip over buying useful stuff and get the niche things that I then find a way to use more than I thought. Like the needle scaler, love that loud little bastard!

Snap-On is too pricey for the same tool elsewhere and a real PITA about honoring their warranty.
Getting them to honor warranty can be like pulling your own hair out because it's "Fun" (NOT) to do.
Never had such issues with the Mac guy, although he was almost as expensive you never had a problem from him about it - If it was broken he took care of it, unlike the Snappy guy.
The Snappy guy would try to come up with every excuse not to honor it and while I will say tools DO get abused alot of the time, there were also alot of cases a tool wasn't abused, the tool itself showed it by the amount of wear it had (worn out) yet he'd still claim it was broken/not working due to abuse.

Got alot of my stuff from Mac - I only dealt with Snappy if it was a tool only they had and I had to have it for what I needed it for, the rest was Mac, Craftsman (The old, good Craftsman stuff) or whatever I could find wherever in a pinch.
Harbor Freight comes to mind and did save my backside more than once.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Stinky

image.thumb.png.a8c9007bd97da6675e9c5973afb34b9c.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

28 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Stinky

-snip-

I thought Chevrolet was doing something to prevent dealers from doing this? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Why would anyone pay that much for a car like that anyway?

I mean, when the 2004 Ford GT debuted, they were trying to sell it to Jay Leno for 3x MSRP.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:55 AM, Beerzerker said:

real PITA about honoring their warranty.
Getting them to honor warranty can be like pulling your own hair out because it's "Fun" (NOT) to do.

Can say the opposite for my Snap-On dealer over here. Give him the tool and its either repaired, replaced or sent off there and then with no questions asked

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 8/23/2022 at 9:01 AM, DildorTheDecent said:

Stinky

And I thought the Bronco's were bad at 25K MSRP over. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 8/23/2022 at 3:01 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

Stinky

The non-refundable deposit part should turn away most sane ppl, let alone the unashamed amount of markup......

Car go vroom

received_615264923566992.jpeg

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

7 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Car go vroom

How many CELs?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, vetali said:

How many CELs?

None, just some very warped front brakes lol

12 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Car go vroom

Fucking BMW piece of shit /s

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Fucking BMW piece of shit /s

Why anyone would own one is beyond me

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

Big Money Waster

Money Is Automatically Taken Away

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So that dune buggy I posted pics of earlier....in for an oil change and mentioned they thought one side of the engine was sitting lower 'maybe an engine mount or something, check it out for me'. Oh it's bad. Someone welded extensions to the 'frame horns' and one of those poorly welded extensions cracked off and looking at everything...well it just needs to be totally re-done under there. We suggested 2 2x2 or 3x3 I or H beams from the front to the rear to tie the front suspension clip to the tub to the rear suspension to the engine to give the thing some structure and then tie the beams together with some 1/8th steel plate sections welded or bolted across to give some rigidity to it all. It's not even a wet noodle, it's like a dipped beef sandwich that's been sitting out for about 20 minutes.

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Money Is Automatically Taken Away

Just Empty Every Pocket

Found On Roadside Dead

Drips Oil Drips Grease Everywhere

Fix It Again Tony

It Sucks Unless Zero Used

Few of my favourite on track shots

52311547972_3013b332a9_o.jpg

52312641203_6a79272317_o.jpg

52312790705_3a52406ffb_o.jpg

52312761865_6b4f8bd104_o.jpg

2 hours ago, IPD said:

Just Empty Every Pocket

Found On Roadside Dead

Drips Oil Drips Grease Everywhere

Fix It Again Tony

It Sucks Unless Zero Used

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Bitter said:

So that dune buggy I posted pics of earlier....in for an oil change and mentioned they thought one side of the engine was sitting lower 'maybe an engine mount or something, check it out for me'. Oh it's bad. Someone welded extensions to the 'frame horns' and one of those poorly welded extensions cracked off and looking at everything...well it just needs to be totally re-done under there. We suggested 2 2x2 or 3x3 I or H beams from the front to the rear to tie the front suspension clip to the tub to the rear suspension to the engine to give the thing some structure and then tie the beams together with some 1/8th steel plate sections welded or bolted across to give some rigidity to it all. It's not even a wet noodle, it's like a dipped beef sandwich that's been sitting out for about 20 minutes.

oof

Spoiler