Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 hours ago, vetali said:

MLP thread got pinned in OT before this thread

🤢

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

He should do a 1.5JZ swap into a Tacoma.

THAT would be a wise investment

Image result for 1990 c1500

5 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

Any of the UK chaps along this route? Making a trek tomorrow to pick up some panels in Telford. And maybe some wheels in Stoke. 

Screenshot_20190213-143432.png

I can see my city from here, youd have to take a bit of a detour to get there tho

System specs: Core i5 4690k @ 4.2GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 8GB HyperX Fury Blue 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX.

Planned build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 16GB HyperX Fury Black 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, NZXT H440, Predator X34.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £597 (£222 with sales)
  • Games owned: 53
  • Games not played: 12 (23%)
  • Hours on record: 2,346.4h

4 hours ago, vetali said:

Thats the thing, they are built over there and imported to NA in very limited numbers. Its a feeding frenzy for dealers to get one, and dealers are only allowed one per year. Add that with demand... you get the crazy markups. Once one dealer in the area marks up, another will try to match it. 

So yeah. Honda hasn't exactly handled the CTR well in NA. They should of built hatchbacks stateside.

We have an abundance of them and we dont have stupid markups. If you spec it yourself youre looking at like 35k for a GT but if you get one thats already a physical car you can save so much

System specs: Core i5 4690k @ 4.2GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 8GB HyperX Fury Blue 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX.

Planned build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 16GB HyperX Fury Black 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, NZXT H440, Predator X34.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £597 (£222 with sales)
  • Games owned: 53
  • Games not played: 12 (23%)
  • Hours on record: 2,346.4h

6 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

So I am starting my planning early for my new car  budget  $30,000 - $50,000 

Must haves 

Back seat ( for kids only ) 

I would prefigure a v8 but its not a must

needs to be good looking out of the box im not the tuner type

less the 50k miles 

and needs to be equipped with blue tooth audio from factory. 

My current car is a 2014 Lexus GS 350 fsport with 85k miles 

It's not the V8, but this car is beautiful.  Just get that CarMax warranty with it.  

https://www.carmax.com/car/16887056

Edit:

NVM it's manual.  

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

or now that you're a homeowner, a pickup truck. ;)

not a terrible idea but I'm also trying to lower costs, not raise them... not that it'd be much. pickup would be really useful tho.. even a mini one.

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

7 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

Must haves 

less the 50k miles 

I might be (extremely) biased since I own one, but Chevy SS is the exact car you are looking for. You can get nice ones in low 30s, mint ones in upper 30s, plus they have held their value crazy well. Even those built incorrectly with automatics.

1 hour ago, ELSknutson said:

This is my daily driver and 75% of the time I sit in bumper to bumper traffic so I do not really want a manual. 

So do I-- bay area traffic sucks. Still would hate not having a manual more. The SS is pretty pleasant to drive in traffic anyway, the clutch isn't crazy heavy. Plus, the car can roll from a stop in 4th without effort.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:36 AM, iDeFecZx said:

I use auto finesse aqua coat for the glass on mine, expensive stuff but you can use it on the whole car too. Tho youd use a whole bottle just doing it once lol and it only lasts up to about 3 months

ffffff man do I love techno. Beautiful car.

7 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

Must haves 

less the 50k miles 

Not sure what kind of car you're looking at getting, but may I suggest an F10 BMW?

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

6 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

maybe but what one ?  i think an M5 is out of my price range 

A 535i?

Or maybe even a 550

https://cpo.bmwusa.com/certified/2016-BMW-550i-WBAKN9C56GD962079

https://cpo.bmwusa.com/certified/2015-BMW-550i-WBAKN9C50FD961301

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

not a terrible idea but I'm also trying to lower costs, not raise them... not that it'd be much. pickup would be really useful tho.. even a mini one.

Get like an 03 silverado with a 5.3 or a 4.8

|::::xxxxxx| 
|::::xxxxxx| 
|xxxxxxxxxx|
1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

thats not much of an upgrade to what I already have if any I may as well keep my Lexus. 

Edited ^^

19 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Get like an 03 silverado with a 5.3 or a 4.8

lol that's even worse than a mini truck on gas

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

16 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Edited ^^

ya im not sure if spending 20k for 100 extra horse power is worth it  either  the car isnt that good looking and the reliability  par at best. If you put it all together is not really worth it. I am looking for something with more drama or something a bit special. 

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

ya im not sure if spending 20k for 100 extra horse power is worth it  either  the car isnt that good looking and the reliability  par at best. If you put it all together is not really worth it. I am looking for something with more drama or something a bit special. 

100 more hp and a lot more torque, but I understand you. Looks are subjective, and if you don't like it, I'm not going to make you like it xD

if the white bullshit keeps melting away at this rate il have my bike out in a week, this is not how seasons are supposed to work... we are superposed to have like a meter of white bullshit and -15c still, but hey i also want to ride my bike so if winter has just decided that its done im cool with that i guess :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if the white bullshit keeps melting away at this rate il have my bike out in a week, this is not how seasons are supposed to work... we are superposed to have like a meter of white bullshit and -15c still, but hey i also want to ride my bike so if winter has just decided that its done im cool with that i guess :P

thats what snowmobiles are for. 

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

I can see my city from here, youd have to take a bit of a detour to get there tho

From the M1 that would be... Significant 😅

Since that post I so decided to pick up an awesome deal on some bbs alloys... Um... Whoops. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

get a 2wd 4 cylinder 1st gen tacoma. you don't have to worry about frame rust down where you are, and you'll still get at least mid twenties for gas mileage.

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

35 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

get a 2wd 4 cylinder 1st gen tacoma. you don't have to worry about frame rust down where you are, and you'll still get at least mid twenties for gas mileage.

they all like $6k here geez

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

toyota tax yo.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

meanwhile I paid $1500 for mine and it was a 4x4 V6.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

meanwhile I paid $1500 for mine and it was a 4x4 V6.

ill be patient. something might pop up. need to save a little more anyway.

poor miata tho

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

ill be patient. something might pop up. need to save a little more anyway.

poor miata tho

mine was also rusted in half. 🤣

good news is you don't need to be worried about high miles. 

Spoiler