Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Spoiler
16555 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1 
            P0171 - 006 - System Too Lean - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Speed: 0.0 km/h
                    Lambda Factor: 1.000
                    Voltage: 0.080 V
                    Lambda: 25.0 %
                    Lambda Factor: 0.992
                    Voltage: 0.180 V

16555 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1 
            P0171 - 006 - System Too Lean - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Lambda Factor: 1.000
                    Voltage: 0.080 V
                    Lambda Factor: 0.992
                    Voltage: 0.180 V

17549 - Load Calculation Cross Check 
            P1141 - 007 - Implausible Value - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Lambda: 44.1 %
                    Lambda: -35.2 %
                    Lambda: 34.8 %
                    T.B. Angle: 5.2°

00096 - Drivers Door Central Locking (Safe) Motor (V161) 
            012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Driver Side (F220) 
            008 - Implausible Signal

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) 
            008 - Implausible Signal
00106 - Signal Central Locking SAVE/LOCK Passenger Side 
            008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded 
            005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
00098 - Rear Left Central Locking (Safe) Motor (V163) 
00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222) 
            008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
00122 - Outside Warning Light/Door Exit Light; Rear Left 
00102 - Rear Left Interior Locking Button (E310) 
            008 - Implausible Signal

wacko.gif

25 minutes ago, RGBoy said:

Sketchy 100

Not that different from my local norwegian repair shop.. Using logs and planks to hoist cars and trucks.. Wouldnt be suprised if one day they break.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

13 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well I guess in the rest of the world outside of those handful of places there's absolutely NOTHING going on about cars. It truly is tragic, a dying hobby, no car shows or meets anywhere.

This why the first post is a question. " is there any place worth going to for car stuff, once things go normal?" I'm not pretending to be versed on all these places. 

8 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Go to Thailand or USA or literally any country that isint Japan ... Their cars and culture itself are fucking nuts... Oh wait it doesn't count as car culture according to you... Nvm. 

Car culture is not about a single country... You need to be more open minded about places that are not Japan. 

Also technically no country has accessible car culture for visitors cause language barriers. 

Again, this is why this was asked as a question. Even though you had a rant and not an answer, you inadvertantly answered the question. I googled Thailand car scene, and it looks like that is what I'm talking about. Looks like US/Japan or whatever. Question is do you see stuff driving around? And another part, when I say accessibility I also mean can I drive a fun car around, myself, or is the fun limited to the meets, or watching others have the fun. I'm not going 5000+ miles to not drive anything fun.

And I'm in the US... I've posted my fun cars in this thread. I do plenty of car stuff here obviously, but being in the US, my bar of what's worth my time is higher. Especially since I don't have interest in these countries aside from cars. 

Also... I have done the Japan thing. Drove this puppy around. 

20190621_223906.jpg

20190621_185808.jpg

5 hours ago, 711jrp said:

See that's the problem with preconception.....I haven't seen a shitty riced out Pug in probably twenty years a and by the way way if you want too see shitty riced out JDM don't come here we don't really go in for that either.

Who said riced out? I appreciate all cars that are not riced. All I had ever seen from the UK and similar were Fast and Furious reject looking shit hatches. And speaking for preconception, all I've seen of India is shitty riced cars, but cars you've never even heard of. I'm not going if there is nothing but Tata Nano-esqe boxes with Autozone hubcaps that comprise the scene.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X- Asus ROG Strix X670E-A DDR5 5600 32GB CL32 -Asus Strix Nvidia RTX 4090 -Lian Li Lancool 3
4.5TB storage; 3xM.2 NVME, 1xHDD.
MSI A1000G -Acer CB282K- Corsair H150i, Corsair fan exh, x3 Lian Li intake fans, x3 Lian Li lower fans
Corsair K57- Redragon Vampire Elite
Lenovo AMD A6/R4 Laptop

XBOX Series X, PS5, Switch, Dreamcast

Fun cars - Evo X built cammed 6266, Mustang S550 NA Cammed Cobrajet  

2 hours ago, diegoaccord said:

This why the first post is a question. " is there any place worth going to for car stuff, once things go normal?" I'm not pretending to be versed on all these places. 

Again, this is why this was asked as a question. Even though you had a rant and not an answer, you inadvertantly answered the question. I googled Thailand car scene, and it looks like that is what I'm talking about. Looks like US/Japan or whatever. Question is do you see stuff driving around? And another part, when I say accessibility I also mean can I drive a fun car around, myself, or is the fun limited to the meets, or watching others have the fun. I'm not going 5000+ miles to not drive anything fun.

And I'm in the US... I've posted my fun cars in this thread. I do plenty of car stuff here obviously, but being in the US, my bar of what's worth my time is higher. Especially since I don't have interest in these countries aside from cars. 

Also... I have done the Japan thing. Drove this puppy around. 

Who said riced out? I appreciate all cars that are not riced. All I had ever seen from the UK and similar were Fast and Furious reject looking shit hatches. And speaking for preconception, all I've seen of India is shitty riced cars, but cars you've never even heard of. I'm not going if there is nothing but Tata Nano-esqe boxes with Autozone hubcaps that comprise the scene.

The thing is .. you could literally do the same with any country in Europe if not even the whole world. Just pick a name, do a quick google search and off you go.
Each country has its own car scene, can you buy something that fits the car scene and zoom about in it? that depends on your finances and the availability of what you want.
Usually you can look up race tracks as points of interest. Id say the Gatebil festivals over in Norway and Sweden seem like a good bet for you to find something you might enjoy

UK is weird ... as in .. their insurance is usually expensive AF so most cars there are actually tiny hatchbacks. Yet if you drive about London you will see a stupid amount of supercars 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Car culture has enough gate keeping already, we don't need more. Oh you have an automatic? NOT A TRUE CAR PERSON! Oh you're not a guy? YOU'RE JUST FAKING FOR ATTENTION! Have an electric car? YOU DON'T COUNT BECAUSE NO VRROOOMM SOUNDS! Didnt craft every part of the car by hand yourself in the barn behind your house for 30 years? YOU'RE JUST SOME RUCH JERK BUYING THEIR WAY INTO IT! On and on...it's stupid. If you like cars you're a car person if you want to be. There shouldn't be some arbitrary barrier to entry, everyone starts somewhere and everybody has different levels of interest and commitment and THAT'S FUCKING JUST FINE.

Boys…. We did it! My 1976 F100 Custom is finally done. 
not totally, still have a few tiny things to do, but she looks great. Let me know what you think. I’ve been working on this with my grandpa for a while now. 

ED31803F-3F93-48F0-BF4E-A1885885B875.jpeg

67D63AE8-5C23-4D03-B722-207621EF5A9C.jpeg

8A77742B-B0F4-4D7A-B1FD-2FA3CB22FAA2.jpeg

B93F79F9-3B89-440D-AAD3-0705AAB23986.jpeg

9221CB7D-955D-4A11-A1F0-A7CE29F92CEC.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Car culture has enough gate keeping already, we don't need more. Oh you have an automatic? NOT A TRUE CAR PERSON! Oh you're not a guy? YOU'RE JUST FAKING FOR ATTENTION! Have an electric car? YOU DON'T COUNT BECAUSE NO VRROOOMM SOUNDS! Didnt craft every part of the cat by hand yourself? YOU'RE JUST SOME RUCH JERK BUYING THEIR WAY INTO IT! On and on...it's stupid. If you like cars you're a car person if you want to be. There shouldn't be some arbitrary barrier to entry, everyone starts somewhere and everybody has different levels of interest and commitment and THAT'S FUCKING JUST FINE.

This is so true, I feel the car community would be so much better if people just agreed cars are cars, and not everyone has to have the same skills and taste. 

2 minutes ago, RGBoy said:

not totally, still have a few tiny things to do, but she looks great. Let me know what you think. I’ve been working on this with my grandpa for a while now. 

ED31803F-3F93-48F0-BF4E-A1885885B875.jpeg

67D63AE8-5C23-4D03-B722-207621EF5A9C.jpeg

8A77742B-B0F4-4D7A-B1FD-2FA3CB22FAA2.jpeg

B93F79F9-3B89-440D-AAD3-0705AAB23986.jpeg

9221CB7D-955D-4A11-A1F0-A7CE29F92CEC.jpeg

Only has two pedals,a REAL truck would have a 3 on the tree! /Sarcasm

Looks nice, love that pale blue color with white accent!

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Only has two pedals,a REAL truck would have a 3 on the tree! /Sarcasm

Looks nice, love that pale blue color with white accent!

Haha, I actually thought about doing a manual swap, but being 16 thats not exactly in my budget. Especially because I wanted to do that with a 429/460 swap. Has the 300ci rihght now. But thanks man! Came stock with everything in that blue, including the rear bumper. Painted the tailgate and got decals for the letters. 

I've driven column mount stick and it's not fun. You're better off with a 3spd auto or if you can get one that fits a later 4 spd. Not period correct but better for you know actually driving around with which is what you do with a vehicle lol. Quicker off a stop and won't rev to the moon on the highway. Not super familiar with Ford trans and bell housing patterns but I'm sure something fits with just a custom length driveshaft.

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Car culture has enough gate keeping already, we don't need more. Oh you have an automatic? NOT A TRUE CAR PERSON! Oh you're not a guy? YOU'RE JUST FAKING FOR ATTENTION! Have an electric car? YOU DON'T COUNT BECAUSE NO VRROOOMM SOUNDS! Didnt craft every part of the car by hand yourself in the barn behind your house for 30 years? YOU'RE JUST SOME RUCH JERK BUYING THEIR WAY INTO IT! On and on...it's stupid. If you like cars you're a car person if you want to be. There shouldn't be some arbitrary barrier to entry, everyone starts somewhere and everybody has different levels of interest and commitment and THAT'S FUCKING JUST FINE.

Didn't vulcanize your own tires? Get the fuck outta here.

4 hours ago, RGBoy said:

-snips-

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Das pretty

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

The virgin car enthusiast vs the Chad vehicle enjoyer.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

I've driven column mount stick and it's not fun. You're better off with a 3spd auto or if you can get one that fits a later 4 spd. Not period correct but better for you know actually driving around with which is what you do with a vehicle lol. Quicker off a stop and won't rev to the moon on the highway. Not super familiar with Ford trans and bell housing patterns but I'm sure something fits with just a custom length driveshaft.

My grandpa has an old Galaxie with the column shift, he loves it but says it is somewhat annoying. I would probably get a floor shift. But auto trans are pretty good, might just stick with it. 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:54 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

Well I guess in the rest of the world outside of those handful of places there's absolutely NOTHING going on about cars. It truly is tragic, a dying hobby, no car shows or meets anywhere.

Don't know about that. In The Netherlands it is starting to boom again. Lots of young kids are car spotting at overpasses when the weather is nice, we got some big events throughout the year with a mega new one launching this summer! Check this out: (It's in Dutch) https://utrecht.day1worldofcars.com/ 😀

Wi RoZ

Anyone know if the DT1 Michelin PS4's are worth $100 more than the non DT1's? Literally cant find any other info on it.

image.png.81ae9e6aabd7c68b1efbc0457fc195b2.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

19 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Anyone know if the DT1 Michelin PS4's are worth $100 more than the non DT1's? Literally cant find any other info on it.

image.png.81ae9e6aabd7c68b1efbc0457fc195b2.png

there's so many different versions of that tire now lol. No idea

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

16 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Oh ok that's better.

Crispy

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 hours ago, Wi RoZ said:

Don't know about that. In The Netherlands it is starting to boom again. Lots of young kids are car spotting at overpasses when the weather is nice, we got some big events throughout the year with a mega new one launching this summer! Check this out: (It's in Dutch) https://utrecht.day1worldofcars.com/ 😀

And if you look to the sky you'll see our brand new 747 in Whoosh livery.

😛

It’s….

It’s….

Not supposed to look like that…..

09F32340-DD42-43B7-B47F-95B738D35A82.jpeg
edit- not mine just saw this and thought it too good not to share 

15 hours ago, RGBoy said:

It’s….

It’s….

Not supposed to look like that…..

-snip-
edit- not mine just saw this and thought it too good not to share 

new magic jelly keeps your car running forever

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1