Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Since many new car going to have big touchscreen, so are those touchscreen able to use with the gloves(with out touchscreen compatible fingertips)?

Especially car only have touchscreen to control everything.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:10 AM, jagdtigger said:

Thats pretty sluggish, i kick my 600ccm bike into 2nd gear at that speed... 😄

On 1/25/2022 at 12:06 PM, PandaCopyRight said:

mine is still in 1st until like 71mph 😅

The gearing in my Celica is so boned because it's the 4spd auto on an 8000 RPM engine, 1st is 0-45mph and 2nd is 45-80mph, 3rd is 80-120, and 4th is too slow to accelerate in past where 3rd ends. Though it does mean I can just stick it in 2nd and romp around twisty roads without ever really needing to upshift, maybe a down shift to 1st on some slower parts.

17 hours ago, Age of 9394 said:

Since many new car going to have big touchscreen, so are those touchscreen able to use with the gloves(with out touchscreen compatible fingertips)?

no. everyone is too rich now to have functional things

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

no. everyone is too rich now to have functional things

Could just make your own.. Cut out some space in the middle of the dashboard and slap one down.. If my car was 10 years older id honestly do it.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 1/29/2022 at 5:24 AM, Age of 9394 said:

From what i know, the new Volvo ones work well with gloves 
dunno about any other ones

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

So any chance of seeing a Lucid Air video review from Alex?  I think it'd be a good car for Linus. 

8 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

From what i know, the new Volvo ones work well with gloves 
dunno about any other ones

I've got a friend with a couple of XC90's, I'll ask him.

He says they work very well with gloves on or slightly damp fingers, figures it's something to do with being from a cold climate they'd get that part right.

2 hours ago, IRMacGuyver said:

So any chance of seeing a Lucid Air video review from Alex?  I think it'd be a good car for Linus. 

Man it's nice but it's so expensive. It's priced out of the way of being a family car IMO, like even for decently wealthy people. It's more or less for the ultra wealthy 

Actually didn't realize they will have lower end trims, only have seen the $170k one in reviews lol 

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

I've got a friend with a couple of XC90's, I'll ask him.

He says they work very well with gloves on or slightly damp fingers, figures it's something to do with being from a cold climate they'd get that part right.

and they aren't resistive? Interesting.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Man it's nice but it's so expensive. It's priced out of the way of being a family car IMO, like even for decently wealthy people. It's more or less for the ultra wealthy 

Actually didn't realize they will have lower end trims, only have seen the $170k one in reviews lol 

and they aren't resistive? Interesting.

Yeah the big news is always about the Dream edition but the base model is only $70k.
But imagine the memes Linus could generate if be bought a Dream edition and got the minecraft kid to sign it and added a minecraft vinyl wrap.  Now that's viral video potential.  I know Jake would totally be on my side about this. 

800px-Dream_icon_svg.png.f85fb4ccf5f277bb91ed5bba2b6ffc66.png

3 hours ago, RGBoy said:

Just had to share this, a friends garage. He flips supercars for a living.

That cant be Ed Bolian's recently sold Verde Draco LP640 right?

EDIT: Nope, not it Ed still has it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

14 minutes ago, Levent said:

That is Ed’s garage so yeah, it would be his LP640s. I haven’t watched his videos in a while, is that red one his as well?

19 minutes ago, The_russian said:

That is Ed’s garage so yeah, it would be his LP640s. I haven’t watched his videos in a while, is that red one his as well?

Oh I havent noticed the massive sign. Massive d'oh moment there. I think it is! I dont think he even showed up that car just yet. He was trying to buy a Chiron development mule but Bugatti decided not to sell it and he said he bought another car. I guess we know know what he got.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 hours ago, IRMacGuyver said:

got the minecraft kid to sign it and added a minecraft vinyl wrap.  Now that's viral video potential.

I like the Lucid Air, but am I too old man now to understand this bit?

1 hour ago, Levent said:

It is Ed Bolian though, nice job. 

So it seems that Japan is likely going to use Covid to become closed off again.

Aside from Germany/The Ring, is there any place worth going to for car stuff, once things go normal? 

TBH, I barely want to do that, because that's the ONLY thing I'm interested in the whole country for, and not wanting to wreck a rental car is probably going to make a lap on the Nurburgring more anxiety causing than fun. 

I don't see where any other place is worth going? Like in UK, I'll see shitty riced out Puegots, or if I do see a JDM car, it'll be having sit where it's at for 25 years covered in moss. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X- Asus ROG Strix X670E-A DDR5 5600 32GB CL32 -Asus Strix Nvidia RTX 4090 -Lian Li Lancool 3
4.5TB storage; 3xM.2 NVME, 1xHDD.
MSI A1000G -Acer CB282K- Corsair H150i, Corsair fan exh, x3 Lian Li intake fans, x3 Lian Li lower fans
Corsair K57- Redragon Vampire Elite
Lenovo AMD A6/R4 Laptop

XBOX Series X, PS5, Switch, Dreamcast

Fun cars - Evo X built cammed 6266, Mustang S550 NA Cammed Cobrajet  

5 hours ago, diegoaccord said:

So it seems that Japan is likely going to use Covid to become closed off again.

Aside from Germany/The Ring, is there any place worth going to for car stuff, once things go normal? 

TBH, I barely want to do that, because that's the ONLY thing I'm interested in the whole country for, and not wanting to wreck a rental car is probably going to make a lap on the Nurburgring more anxiety causing than fun. 

I don't see where any other place is worth going? Like in UK, I'll see shitty riced out Puegots, or if I do see a JDM car, it'll be having sit where it's at for 25 years covered in moss. 

Did you know if you're open minded you can find fun anywhere?

On 1/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, RGBoy said:

Just had to share this, a friends garage. He flips supercars for a living. 

OH wow.. Always seen their history videos but never their garage, that's awesome.

Meanwhile im looking into getting either a 530i/d, 730i/d or if i can even reach this peak of a god car.. M550D.

Gas in Norway being 2-2.2$ average for diesel and 2.4-2.6$ average for gasoline makes the choice barely a difference now.

Avoided getting the Alpina D3 i was looking at and its already crashed this week 😞 (Somebody rear-ended him, all people were okay.)

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

59 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Did you know if you're open minded you can find fun anywhere?

But it's really about cars. These are the only places with any car culture that you can access as a visitor. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X- Asus ROG Strix X670E-A DDR5 5600 32GB CL32 -Asus Strix Nvidia RTX 4090 -Lian Li Lancool 3
4.5TB storage; 3xM.2 NVME, 1xHDD.
MSI A1000G -Acer CB282K- Corsair H150i, Corsair fan exh, x3 Lian Li intake fans, x3 Lian Li lower fans
Corsair K57- Redragon Vampire Elite
Lenovo AMD A6/R4 Laptop

XBOX Series X, PS5, Switch, Dreamcast

Fun cars - Evo X built cammed 6266, Mustang S550 NA Cammed Cobrajet  

34 minutes ago, diegoaccord said:

But it's really about cars. These are the only places with any car culture that you can access as a visitor.

Well I guess in the rest of the world outside of those handful of places there's absolutely NOTHING going on about cars. It truly is tragic, a dying hobby, no car shows or meets anywhere.

Gotta give it to Continental and their DWS tires. Got me to and from work in a 10 inch snow storm.

4 hours ago, diegoaccord said:

Go to Thailand or USA or literally any country that isint Japan ... Their cars and culture itself are fucking nuts... Oh wait it doesn't count as car culture according to you... Nvm. 

Car culture is not about a single country... You need to be more open minded about places that are not Japan. 

Also technically no country has accessible car culture for visitors cause language barriers. 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

15 hours ago, diegoaccord said:

See that's the problem with preconception.....I haven't seen a shitty riced out Pug in probably twenty years a and by the way way if you want too see shitty riced out JDM don't come here we don't really go in for that either.

Pete