Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 5/6/2021 at 9:38 AM, TVwazhere said:

Thankfully since we didnt care about the boot I was able to rip most of it off and grab it with vice grips; that allowed me to overcome the bolt-to-nut friction and get it all off. 

I like the fact that you have option to use a torx bit/wrench on the top of the ball joint stud, but actually can't because the axle is in the way. It is like the engineers who design some of the these cars either have poo for brains, or are just sadistic A-Holes. I feel your pain, it is what I used to do, and still do sometimes. Also I have done ball joint jobs that have been a lot worse, because of rust, rust, and more rust.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:09 AM, TVwazhere said:

No exact numbers, but it theoretically is 270-280whp.

Good numbers for a little car. I'm looking to push my bronco close to that, because everything is faster than me now.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

21 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

I like the fact that you have option to use a torx bit/wrench on the top of the ball joint stud, but actually can't because the axle is in the way. It is like the engineers who design some of the these cars either have poo for brains, or are just sadistic A-Holes. I feel your pain, it is what I used to do, and still do sometimes. Also I have done ball joint jobs that have been a lot worse, because of rust, rust, and more rust.

Good numbers for a little car. I'm looking to push my bronco close to that, because everything is faster than me now.

It’s ok to enjoy being slow. Especially on a car that wasn’t really designed with going fast in mind lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Drive the knuckle down off the strut and you can pull the axle from the hub, in theory, and then get the stud stationary with the bit.

In practice you use some sheet metal and wet rags to protect the axle boot and heat the nut to release the nylon locking nut.

Finally had good enough weather and some time to wash the car. Still cant get enough of this thing. 2 weeks time I'll be hammering it round Blyton Park and I cant wait

Screenshot_20210509-143507_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-143455_Gallery.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 5/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Oooh what car is that last one? 

Looks like an early '50s (1953 maybe) Studebaker Champion Starliner.

Bought some cheap ($50) ceramic coating and prep spray, gonna give it a whirl on GFs 16 Escape. Never ever before I polished and waxed it did she ever care about it being dirty. NOW she does, so I'm hoping this stuff lasts at least the year given they claim 2 years. It's DP CR2, might try their CR4 if the CR2 is any good.

On 5/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Oooh what car is that last one? 

Studebaker and I believe it was a 48 model.

Noted you live in Oxford, this was in Montgomery and I live right above there in Wetumpka.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

sooo has anyone here done the superglue on fork stanchions fix? i sortof royaly fucked mine up while taking them apart to replace the seals.... The one i took apart has a scratch going about three turns around it now and i dont know of a way to get new ones for money i can afford 😕

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Green loctite would probably be a better fix, it;s designed to bind and seal metal to metal and has a workable time before it sets.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:37 PM, MadAnt250 said:

On 5/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, bcredeur97 said:

It’s ok to enjoy being slow. Especially on a car that wasn’t really designed with going fast in mind lol

^This. My next car will also likely be a bronco (Or Wrangler) and any HP modifications will be in the name of torque or to overcome slightly larger tires, less to go fast. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Huh why didn't that embed? Oh well, it'll probably get copywriter striked because someone uploaded a video of silence and my first few seconds match it.

Edit: Fixed the embed.

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

^This. My next car will also likely be a bronco (Or Wrangler) and any HP modifications will be in the name of torque or to overcome slightly larger tires, less to go fast. 

Setting up for torque is the way to go for a heavy truck with big tires, and changing the axle gearing can help with that, which is something some people overlook when they put big tires on their truck.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

I cleaned the interior of what'll end up being my car earlier today (minus shampooing things as we don't have the shtuff for that just yet as well as windows because I always streak them), and the damn instrument cluster plastic is so damn clean you can't even see it, minus a liiiiiitle dust still in the top left corner where I never got a good reach.

It's the little things in life.

IMG_1878.thumb.JPG.328d24599e5cddac8f236e084e6fd016.JPG

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What would be a good car for me to flip to make some money? I'm 15 and I already have a car, possibly two. Just looking to fix something up for a profit, any suggestions? Thanks!

Anyone else hate when someone buys a dually truck(or a normal one for that matter) and then slams it down to the ground? Does this not just defeat the whole purpose of having a truck? And then, even if you wanted to lift it back up, sometimes you have to cut the truck almost in half to make it that low. This just makes no sense to me... 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

4 minutes ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Anyone else hate when someone buys a dually truck(or a normal one for that matter) and then slams it down to the ground? Does this not just defeat the whole purpose of having a truck? And then, even if you wanted to lift it back up, sometimes you have to cut the truck almost in half to make it that low. This just makes no sense to me... 

Or....
Like one I saw the other day with the back slammed down so the bumper was nearly dragging but the front was still at stock height.
Could be they can raise and lower it with the flip of a switch but still....

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Or....
Like one I saw the other day with the back slammed down so the bumper was nearly dragging but the front was still at stock height.
Could be they can raise and lower it with the flip of a switch but still....

Honestly, bulldogging is even worse. (aka what you described there) It is unsafe, and should be illegal as it disables your vision of the road. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

3 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Honestly, bulldogging is even worse. (aka what you described there) It is unsafe, and should be illegal as it disables your vision of the road. 

as a miata driver, yes. Definitely. No way anyone can see me if they in one of those behind me. 

fortunately it's so inconvenient that most people don't do it... just those weird few who want a lot of attention...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

as a miata driver, yes. Definitely. No way anyone can see me if they in one of those behind me. 

fortunately it's so inconvenient that most people don't do it... just those weird few who want a lot of attention...

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_zoomed/public/product_images/Quadratec-Trail-Flag-Mount-Kit-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Installed-Close.jpg

On 4/30/2021 at 8:35 AM, bcredeur97 said:

But but direct injection is awesome tho you get like 2% more gas mileage /s 

D-4S FTW

Main PC: Ryzen 1600 @4GHz, 16GB 2933 MHz DDR4, 1060 6GB blower card.

Laptop: ThinkPad T580 (i5, iGPU, FHD, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD+1TB HDD). Used with both the regular and extended-run batteries (RIP power bridge).

15 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

It should be, no way their field of vision is good having to see the hood and not much anything else in front of you.
And it just looks dumb.

Yikes....

chrome_2021-05-12_17-59-40.png

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM