Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Lacrosse is a native derived international sport. No way it means that unless it's being used as some horrible slur.

As @Benji said there's is an actual local meaning.

"crosse" in local French = masturbate or scam depending on the context, "la" is a determiner, equivalent to "the" ... so lacrosse in local slang sounds lie "la crosse" and could be translated to "the scam" (IMO it wouldn't make sense in this context to be "the masturbation").

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

14 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

As @Benji said there's is an actual local meaning.

"crosse" in local French = masturbate or scam depending on the context, "la" is a determiner, equivalent to "the" ... so lacrosse in local slang sounds lie "la crosse" and could be translated to "the scam" (IMO it wouldn't make sense in this context to be "the masturbation").

Ok that's not as horrible as I expected, thank you.

51 minutes ago, techswede said:

Man if i had an 8km commute i'd have all the v8s

My current commute is 140km every day + 600km to get back home every once in a while

and I thought I had a far commute at ~84km daily

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

and I thought I had a far commute at ~84km daily

Im currently doing 120 miles a day for mine. Roughly equates to 190km a day

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Im currently doing 120 miles a day for mine. Roughly equates to 190km a day

how do you have time to do anything? You work 8-5pm like we do here in the US? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

how do you have time to do anything? You work 8-5pm like we do here in the US? 

Ish, 8:30 to 5pm

Leave at about 7:15, get home around 6:15. Dont work weekends so have those free

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Is it really a compromise if they're just flat out bad at making a vehicle?

Worst problem you've had to deal with?

I was gonna give a success story, but I'm gonna give a petty one. I was tired of ending up being the guy who always ends up stuck with the European cars, particularly Mercedes. Mercedes hides every bolt and none of it makes any sense in assembly to me.  I literally said in my interview "If I'm going to be flat rate, it's not going to work for either of us if you immediately stick me on complicated European repairs."

Day 1, dude gives me an evaporator core on an AMG G55 Wagon to repair.

It took me four days to disassemble it. He paid out at the end of every week. I took the paycheck for disassembling it, loaded my tools up and left. Easily my least favorite task ever.

Strong runner up, Honda Element rear shocks consistently seize into place HARD.

Any motor work in the VAG is a pain in the ass.

Any European body work whatsoever is so bad that I will never do body work again.

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

29 minutes ago, derpkotacasper said:

I was gonna give a success story, but I'm gonna give a petty one. I was tired of ending up being the guy who always ends up stuck with the European cars, particularly Mercedes. Mercedes hides every bolt and none of it makes any sense in assembly to me.  I literally said in my interview "If I'm going to be flat rate, it's not going to work for either of us if you immediately stick me on complicated European repairs."

Day 1, dude gives me an evaporator core on an AMG G55 Wagon to repair.

It took me four days to disassemble it. He paid out at the end of every week. I took the paycheck for disassembling it, loaded my tools up and left. Easily my least favorite task ever.

Strong runner up, Honda Element rear shocks consistently seize into place HARD.

Any motor work in the VAG is a pain in the ass.

Any European body work whatsoever is so bad that I will never do body work again.

That sounds pretty miserable, I don't envy anyone that has to work on a rube goldberg machine of bolts and plastic covers.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That sounds pretty miserable, I don't envy anyone that has to work on a rube goldberg machine of bolts and plastic covers.

Its not that bad. Still waiting on someone to beat my dash out time in a 4th gen CR-V. 45 minutes. Might be doing a brand new ridgeline for a dash rattle too. I hope its something stupid but my advisor that rode with the customer said it sounded way back in the dash.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

11 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its not that bad. Still waiting on someone to beat my dash out time in a 4th gen CR-V. 45 minutes. Might be doing a brand new ridgeline for a dash rattle too. I hope its something stupid but my advisor that rode with the customer said it sounded way back in the dash.

bad firewall kappa

Meanwhile I need to break the clips off of electrical connectors and super glue some zip ties to each end to pull the fuckers apart.

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

bad firewall kappa

Meanwhile I need to break the clips off of electrical connectors and super glue some zip ties to each end to pull the fuckers apart.

Man, the throttle body connectors on new hondas are impossible to disconnect.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

Man, the throttle body connectors on new hondas are impossible to disconnect.

This is where the appeal of throwing the whole thing out comes in to play

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is where the appeal of throwing the whole thing out comes in to play

That would get us a bad survey though.

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

Welp, it's not like the customer matters any in the first place.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

So those surveys — you have some first hand experience. Do those things actually get looked at or does any change ever come as a direct result from them? 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

So those surveys — you have some first hand experience. Do those things actually get looked at or does any change ever come as a direct result from them? 

We are graded very heavily on them and our goodwill is directly effected. Any survey below 90% and Honda requires a follow up call to right the issue (which getting below 90% is like 3 questions not 5/5). They aren't anonymous and the tech and advisor are tied to them. Generally you want to be above the national average which hovers right around 91-93%.

Also having a good survey score makes the DPSM happy and they are more willing to cover out of warranty repairs for good customers. Happens pretty often, but when an issue is out of warranty and the person is a good customer they'll generally cover 75-100%. Which is a lot when its a older VCM motor that needs a re-ring. Randoms likely will get 0-25% covered.

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

We are graded very heavily on them and our goodwill is directly effected. Any survey below 90% and Honda requires a follow up call to right the issue (which getting below 90% is like 3 questions not 5/5). They aren't anonymous and the tech and advisor are tied to them. Generally you want to be above the national average which hovers right around 91-93%.

Also having a good survey score makes the DPSM happy and they are more willing to cover out of warranty repairs for good customers. Happens pretty often, but when an issue is out of warranty and the person is a good customer they'll generally cover 75-100%. Which is a lot when its a older VCM motor that needs a re-ring. Randoms likely will get 0-25% covered.

Very informative. I wonder if other dealers are similar, I have a feeling that GM dealers mostly don't fucking care.

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Very informative. I wonder if other dealers are similar, I have a feeling that GM dealers mostly don't fucking care.

Just the usuals that care about customer satisfaction. So Toyota, probably German luxury brands.... definitely not the big 3 lol. Our record lowest was a 27, but that was because their boomer phone was so low res it didn't display the full page, so they thought 3 was the max option on multiple choice.

9/10 times on a legit bad survey its the damn advisors screwing up and not going over the multi point even when theres no recommendations and not going over future services coming up. Those are two yes/no questions that are worth a ton each. Also rona has been screwing us because one of the questions is "did you find the waiting area amenities sufficient" well due to rona we pulled all the food, coffee, and water from the show room as per state guidelines. So we still get dinged on that.

15 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Um, it pisses me off big time? :old-eyeroll: 

Sucks to suck

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I already have a 500cc class bike, but wanted something to hoon around on a bit. Eventually there will be some dirt tires and other bits installed.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

8 hours ago, vetali said:

This is good to know.. because filling out follow up surveys, you never truly know if it’s truly used and something you want to put effort into. 

half the time I don’t even fill them out for some things. It depends on how I’m given them usually. If it’s someone at the counter asking me to go fill that out and looking at me with a face that is like “please do it my job depends on it” then I take it more seriously lol 

I fill them out at work for our sessions we have with Dell support representatives. They use them for sure. 

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Benji said:

Fun fact: Just like with the Toyota MR2, the name is really unfortunate in French. MR2=merde=shit, étron means turd.

19 hours ago, techswede said:

Still not as unfortunate as the Honda Fitta. (Luckily they changed the name) which means pussy in swedish.

Same thing with the Hyundai Kona, here in Portugal it is called the Kauai. Kona, like fitta in Swedish, is a (slang) word for pussy in Portuguese :old-laugh:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

20 hours ago, Benji said:

Fun fact: Just like with the Toyota MR2, the name is really unfortunate in French. MR2=merde=shit, étron means turd.

That I actually never heard (though now that it's pointed out, I totally see it), everyone that I know just calls it MR2 and not "merde".

"de" in Quebec and France are pronounced completely differently, it's true that some accents in France have pronunciation of "deux" (2) and "de" (the) that are very close , though here in Qc, they are pronounced differently, so that might be why it was never a thing here.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Did you "block" your sound symposer? Do you still use it? How do you like it? What are your thoughts on it?

One of the first things to be deleted in my car honestly; you dont need it when you've got an exhaust, intake and a blowoff valve

Funny enough I just swapped the delete plate last night for one with a vacuum line on it so I could reroute the blow off line as the computer controlled blowoff was making it constantly blow off at highway speeds. Since it's a true vacuum it doesn't blow off under light throttle and I actually hear a bit of turbo flutter (which isnt a good thing for the turbo but it's not under boost)

The RS in the states also piped in fake audio from the engine through the sound system in the car. Not exactly sure how you disable that in software though

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

My uncle has an (i think?) '92 MR-2, and he hasn't really met anyone who knows what it is. So he put Lexus rims on it, and took off the Toyota logos. He replaced the MR-2 with an NST for no such thing. He's a professional comedian, so people get a laugh out of it when he tells them at shows and stuff. He calls it his poor man's Ferrari. 🙂