Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I think I’d be fine with a $1500 bill every 50k miles is about my limit me thinks 

How about $1500 every 7-8k? 

• The Touareg in any generation has never been especially reliable. Lots to go wrong, especially electronics and the adaptive air suspension. Add to that issues with timing chain tensioners and injectors on the TDi V6...
  • Despite now being cheap to buy, they have running costs consummate with their original price.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

1 hour ago, HM-2 said:

How about $1500 every 7-8k? 

• The Touareg in any generation has never been especially reliable. Lots to go wrong, especially electronics and the adaptive air suspension. Add to that issues with timing chain tensioners and injectors on the TDi V6...
  • Despite now being cheap to buy, they have running costs consummate with their original price.

I won’t be getting air suspension for sure. 

everything I’m finding is all first gen issues, second gen seems pretty solid if you just keep it simple (like a base model). A lot of the stuff that breaks seems to be addons like adaptive cruise, collision avoidance, etc. which I know is iffy on VAG cars anyway because of my dads C7 A6 has a lot of that and has issues 

big one that concerns me are issues with the ignition lock module. Like what happened to the guy from speedacademy. But at least it’s pretty uncommon and usually on higher mileage examples 

timing chain is something I’m willing to risk, I think I can DIY that when the time comes.

anything I’m missing?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Been a busy week working on my R33 Skyline. Started giving my skylines a good bath 

1b7b00b6b57ac30848f6bd4847518b46.jpg

Changed the timing belt, all the accessory belts, waterpump, thermostat, front crank seal and cam seals

32c5f7e1161e36ece9b68fbba52cb9c6.jpg

New 42mm Radiator, with billet brackets and new bushings.  Also silicon hoses to replace the aged rubber ones. 

d2d56d157f9db646b35eaacfa68c3177.jpg

e5e1c073a3001bc332832eb27219dd95.jpg

Also mounted up the GReddy Spec-LS Type-23 Intercooler. It has a thicker core compared to the more common Type-24, had to wait 3 months for GReddy Japan to manufacture it, but a beautiful kit. Already modified the rails and the front reo bar to fit, just need to get my hands on a hole-saw to finish the job and hook up the piping. 

3edbe08f8769a8728dbdbf81f4bbe7f3.jpg

Also modified this spare cluster I have to test it out with my new NISMO gauges, modified the speedometer to mph to work with the 320km/h gauge, and made some preliminary adjustments that I need to test how accurate it is. Once i get it dialled in then will do my proper manual cluster

7c40bd0bf8c92d037edda17e5f134e95.jpg

8a89056434dd77728efd9a54878a31c4.jpg

Also hooked up the sensors and wired in my Defi Advanced Controller & Defi BF Gauges.

Just waiting on my Carbon Fiber A-Pillar pod mount to arrive to get them mounted. 

2006dc7ff8e1656a5e0b9bf3fd45db6e.png

Waiting on some more parts to finish a few jobs, and then once this is all done its going in for its new Extra Heavy Duty clutch & chromoly flywheel to be installed, then off to panel and paint for the body kit fitting and painting 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

timing chain is something I’m willing to risk, I think I can DIY that when the time comes.

You might struggle. IIRC the V6 timing chains are at the rear of the engine, not the front, so swapping is an engine-out job. They also need a variety of VW specific tools.

If you want to "keep it simple" the 3.6 V6 or 4.2 V8 petrol makes more sense. The only real issues they have is with coking due to being direct injection. I mean both can and do experience timing chain stretch or failure but it's much rarer than on the TDi.

You can dodge a lot of reliability issues by going for examples with very few options, that much is true...but the challenge will always be finding one that's specced in such a way.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Never posted my car here, but say hello to the largest v8 ever put in a sedan (8.2L):

bp5Lidq95T5uLtZHydYhxayfu4xKv_LyhuBIcjxpKLU847zfC9ApeiTYlCEklbZFGOcMx6roHLdgva9UELHrNku-TI4DVdwVGDIWD2lnEsNs_lzENU2KGerwwfEKOu3pD1CcV3dQIg2HmLVRSAiHyBtqlumUOQzrKsljpMJhh4dCZin27SNzON_WjinwhsrJfIzntLMbvpupLRPtrqQhmhwV7-r78M02aeUfdTOZ0H4JHJQIhTZCdQwETKwuySXJI7YfcovvbkDQyopfesLxFwsveGmXamFFFwzxuc8fwC5WTCmk-GoZz_vsVli2ZTCC7N5MOmWpRulxQ9o2TiGZFgWdvDRPSjOAhG5qMrEikMiO0FsUFoGrBym46nBUfFt4j4_JUbpEDGNahe3RVW_eUrNvXXEWYC9eou5RNjHzfrvBWjCv_dju1C8byMP-M9ketJ6q4dg0bFdJaWDCAZ4u7k5DJxIHKekjm8HTDU4MWi9wcgGb2SY8ZC6WnbP-GzDWOBAZdGgpGj5IjcB8Knd8qVBB8eSvOT3ZQ4E_ttIeClbb57LyzO65xieYPuELse9IlgHLknUaZyn9CdbaX6AN8oBx7FjU3QTnT9lNirYdyMBd4ISqdYdkfEuaT7uMRP7kZW-L-beOJqkNTIJTaIRybdRMoBRyRQw-1U7l1m1bOerk-4xmEg989zZFXziYEm8=w1278-h947-no?authuser=0

Only pic I have of the engine bay from a few months ago.

E1HwdGkI66sjXvSa5I8xS4DROKYc5VX4HeuhI91Hy4BanFmWD4H95NUGmh-lHuiyqcKNDXMSR45-ANJIVrlsccsukWDpuyTgqL4yO9KfTaBIG5yKnHgqCIl4nos8t7cm3QOOz3PwrlpqgN9xfeH3dy-NPfHcuPM3EXGL47SHaOSuoOtuWpQ64IzZ5YKrPX_7A-lPvD5teeCqT3IE2dBJgT6moYN_FoqBqxTLeoWMKBqQ08LBCsfAi3t1aarFUkJD3U1Eh4fAE3PI9Oji19q78cp4o_vEpPhwwBihD_KasZlQ1JaRthFDBrOm-LlZNcADoqpPJlM6TLbPIArCxA3pE6fZTsT7z3qIOZc_hZN6Per8MzYHJwha7XyKyviY1ikwl7M97aLedwS5aY5dVR4-v5z6nmWXe6OtPHyQ_IfaudTRYzi4gWXw_9X3S9cKevrcK2ndf7OpfmLwGfhnXE3OlRoDD6upmupvkKTOocOPEMH8B4GIPr0XOsj8e0sxccCQTV6KNxSfl3k0hPB_wDlUDtveF7TcSWwsZtCaouwuJQUVBX2yS4WPyxXu-u9id2kaiYSq1vbI9g1a01oQuJW9MRDcaN_28UROh3h5xcYe1bIazs5DA7rUxdXJIpoWN6wwi5l28pIhIQdsW08e3XDmSu0tkoacBRcPSyG4spXfEu-fWm9uTb6EtNlkCxkCYiU=w1263-h947-no?authuser=0

Don't 100% know how many miles she has since the odometer stopped working. My estimates put it at about 225,000 from maintenance records of the previous owner.

i like trains 🙂

Got the CB450 to fire once yesterday on gasoline, a friend pushed me up to about 20km/h and I slammed it in second and we eventually got one single fire and then nothing. I've triple checked the valves, practiced my kicking a LOT and while I've gotten some sound from it it's never started or properly fired any more than that one time...

I honestly am sort of lost on what to check next. Compression feels very good(don't have a compression tester besides my foot sadly) and it's definitely better than it was pre valve adjustment, I know there is spark, if it fired once it must be getting fuel so I am sort of lost at this point...

Anybody got any advice on what to check? Maybe it's the timing? Would have to take the entire top end apart to check that the cam is lined up right.. That's about the only thing I can think of :/

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Here's to hoping the car doesn't need new handbrake cables. 💰

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Anybody got any advice on what to check?

Did you look over the spark plugs? I'm guessing you have but still even if there is spark the engine may still misfire due to worn plugs. Anyway, just a thought.

The only thing to make an engine run is fuel, air, spark and timing...

As suggested, check your spark plugs, and id use a multimeter to check power from the ignition coil. 

Also if you havent done an ignition service in a while, check your ignition points to make sure they're not out of phase. 

Probably need to check your carby as well if it hasn't been serviced in a while. Just because it fired once doesn't mean it doesnt have a spray issue; it might need a clean out with some carb cleaner. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Did you look over the spark plugs?

Sadly unable too as I don't have anything that gets even close to reaching the plug, gona have to get a skinny sparkplug socket. Not that I know what diameter the plug is either, wouldn't surprise me if it's not the same as from factory...

2 hours ago, Jarsky said:

Probably need to check your carby as well if it hasn't been serviced in a while.

Went through that before everything, it's super clean, all passages and jets looked perfect and the jetting is the same as factory.

2 hours ago, Jarsky said:

Also if you havent done an ignition service in a while, check your ignition points to make sure they're not out of phase. 

Have not really figured that part out tbh, it's got a wasted spark CDI ignition that's pretty jank but when I've tested it using a spare plug the spark was very healthy. Looked around for timing related things with this engine and most of what I found was people who has the camshaft misaligned, didn't find anything about points or where to adjust anything related to timing besides that. Not impossible for me to tear the top end apart but I'd rather just not ya know.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Check compression with a gauge just to make sure.

Yah I should buy one, kind of hating myself for not picking one up when I was last at an auto parts store...

Thanks for the replies, I'll try to figure out what size plug it is and try to get a sparkplug socket and compression gauge :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 11/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, bcredeur97 said:

Anyone want to talk me out of buying a 2011+ VW Touraeg TDI around 100k miles or so?

Or are they good cars? 

yuck VW. so many issues with the motor+ everything plastic breaking. (at least on the 2000 or 2001 wagon) x2

Civics in the shop mostly for brakes but while its in a oil change and tire rotation will happen. at 20k the front 2 are getting a little warn out . the set should last till 40k-50k in the end. not bad for tires that are rated for 65k

The GF CVR is definitely getting new front tires. they are shot and I'd prefer her to keep the decent rear ones over just rotating them.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

well I test drove a 2017 Chevy Volt LT, not too bad. Rear visibility is ass lol but otherwise not a bad car to be in and to drive. Might get my finances squared to buy one lol

Dealer photos:

Spoiler

p0epen.png

Spoiler

rwp43h.png

My Photos

Spoiler

image0.jpg

Spoiler

image1.jpg

Spoiler

image0.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

GM needs to get their shit together, is the Volt the range extended EV, the Hybrid, or the pure EV? And which one is the Bolt? Also who thought it would be a good idea to name two cars almost identically?

On 11/16/2020 at 4:57 AM, bcredeur97 said:

No but they also aren’t as nice and don’t get 30 mpg on the highway? 

idk I just like the last of the touraeg and vw’s last TDI motors seem pretty reliable tbh 

honestly dont know much wrong with the 3.0 tdi 

same engine was used in A4 and A6 audis and the early ones had injector issues but the 2011+ have that fixed 
Timing chain issues also got fixed and changed the whole system for chains by then IIRC (at least 2013+ did)
Just make sure its a well looked after car and it should be fine.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

13 hours ago, Bitter said:

GM needs to get their shit together, is the Volt the range extended EV, the Hybrid, or the pure EV? And which one is the Bolt? Also who thought it would be a good idea to name two cars almost identically?

it's a range extended EV but they discontinued the Volt after MY19. Although it's an imperfect EV since its got only 53 miles of range on electric.

Bolt is the full electric car. Yeah the naming wasn't the best because Volt and Bolt sound better but that's why they call it the "Bolt EV" to try and distinguish from the Volt as the names are similar.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Wow does the CB450 run or WHAT!

Haha finally got it down! Decompression leaver was the trick, the leaver was doing nothing so I was having to kick through the full 100+ PSI of compression which is basically impossible for me(I am a twig lol), made a spacer for the cable adjustor to be able to adjust it enough to engage the valve properly and with some practice I've now basically got it down how to start it!

Straight pipes are massively loud, but it runs!! Now to fix everything else :D

Still need to fix the front brake, basically do every non engine electrical bit, maybe rebuild the fork  new grips, air filters, maybe paint and some new tires :D

Builds:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

honestly dont know much wrong with the 3.0 tdi 

same engine was used in A4 and A6 audis and the early ones had injector issues but the 2011+ have that fixed 
Timing chain issues also got fixed and changed the whole system for chains by then IIRC (at least 2013+ did)
Just make sure its a well looked after car and it should be fine.

I knew it had to be good and most of the stigma is from the earlier models. 

audi's/VW's since like 2010ish are actually more reliable than ppl think it seems, just because of the poor reputation through the 2000's

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So apparently. DIY windshield wipers is a thing...? Why ...DIY windshield wipers? Well one of my wipers got torn ...somehow *shrug* ..been all over town trying to find a replacement but the original doesn't fit and the retrofitted? wipers on the car can be dismantled and refitted with fresh rubber. Which I can get from god knows where..? BMW dealership was even more confused than I was but they are gonna call me tomorrow and then I'll ask them about rubber for the wipers..? I'm gonna ask them at the same time what it cost to revert back to stock configuration. 

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

So apparently. DIY windshield wipers is a thing...? Why ...DIY windshield wipers? Well one of my wipers got torn ...somehow *shrug* ..been all over town trying to find a replacement but the original doesn't fit and the retrofitted? wipers on the car can be dismantled and refitted with fresh rubber. Which I can get from god knows where..? BMW dealership was even more confused than I was but they are gonna call me tomorrow and then I'll ask them about rubber for the wipers..? I'm gonna ask them at the same time what it cost to revert back to stock configuration. 

You didn’t know you can walk into like any auto parts store and buy universal windshield wipers? I feel like that what most people do lol. 

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

You didn’t know you can walk into like any auto parts store and buy universal windshield wipers? I feel like that what most people do lol. 

Honda and probably others sells just the rubber inserts. Which was nice because I could get wipers at employee cost for nothing essentially... but the wipers were pretty bad and I ended up getting bosch anyway lol.

About your Touraeg question, I believe the powertrain on those are solid, its everything around it thats a nightmare. I almost bought a BMW X5 recently. The F15s are really nice. Older ones are dumpster fires. Decided to just wait for a truck to pop up that I like instead.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm not talking about universal wipers lol. I'm talking build your own kind of thing.

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

I'm not talking about universal wipers lol. I'm talking build your own kind of thing.

Do you mean someone swapped the wiper arms for J hooks? Not uncommon. Or do you mean the wiper blade rubber inserts? Also not uncommon. Standard style wiper blades come apart easily to replace the blade. Even the beam style can be pretty easily taken apart.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Do you mean someone swapped the wiper arms for J hooks? Not uncommon. Or do you mean the wiper blade rubber inserts? Also not uncommon. Standard style wiper blades come apart easily to replace the blade. Even the beam style can be pretty easily taken apart.

Wiper blade inserts, yes. I've never heard of it before.

Hmmm.. if finding wiper blades for e39 isn't hard enough, my wiper arms have been modded apparently to accommodate frameless blades. If I didn't find a spare blade at home I don't know what I'd do. I might have to order new wiper arms since a part of them are missing unless I can somehow find rubber for the ones I have or the complete blades ....somewhere... Writing on the edge say they are refillable.

I tried to build my own wiper blades yesterday but the rubber I got didn't fit. My car uses proprietary BMW mounts and the blades are quite expensive, if added cost of wiper arms as well it be much cheaper to find rubber. These ones also work better in the winter.

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

Wiper blade inserts, yes. I've never heard of it before.

Hmmm.. if finding wiper blades for e39 isn't hard enough, my wiper arms have been modded apparently to accommodate frameless blades. If I didn't find a spare blade at home I don't know what I'd do. I might have to order new wiper arms since a part of them are missing unless I can somehow find rubber for the ones I have or the complete blades ....somewhere... Writing on the edge say they are refillable.

I tried to build my own wiper blades yesterday but the rubber I got didn't fit. My car uses proprietary BMW mounts and the blades are quite expensive, if added cost of wiper arms as well it be much cheaper to find rubber. These ones also work better in the winter.

Probably these or Bosch aero https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEU-1-Satz-Scheibenwischer-FLAT-AERO-5-er-BMW-E39-1995-2004-Neuheit/261006828788?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Pete

6 hours ago, vetali said:

The F15s are really nice

Agreed. Shame general maintenance items on them are stupidly expensive. Set of tyres on this one was just shy of £2k!!!

20200629_135749.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h