Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

WTF I SAID I WOULD START IT WTF FML.

Let me moderate it then... :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

yay Terry is here!

I love the Acura TSX, aside from the illogical headlight switch my only complaint is the rear legroom. It's very cramped back there.

I don't think so...

Although I know very little on VERY old engines. Could be wrong

I remember watching something on TV about it. It looked something similar to the one you linked. A bit of research shows i was thinking of a radial engine. Not too sure what the difference is between a rotary like the one you linked and a radial.

Edit: Going off topic here, sorry.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Welcome to the thread Terry!

I see you're off to a good start..  :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Yay Bob345 is here! Another BMW person!

Nice car, btw. Any chance you know the name of that color? Never seen it before. looks interesting

edit: is it Sonora Metallic? #A32? probably not

Why do BMW color names have to be so confusing?! http://www.bmwinfo.com/23430.html

Serisouly, when we were buying our second e39, I tried to look up the color code/name e39 online, and there were like 5 different shades of silver that all looked exactly the same... 

I'm honestly having trouble finding the name too haha. I would have to check the door jam to check. It is a pretty uncommon color on any bmw it seems.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I'll probs be driving my mom's Venza in 2 years

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

My dad drives a BMW 116D Efficient Dynamics. It certainly isn't a looker but it drives nicely.

BMW_116d_February_2014_2.jpg

An RWD hatchback.. I bet that thing is pretty fun  :P

Wish they had those in the states..

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I'm honestly having trouble finding the name too haha. I would have to check the door jam to check. It is a pretty uncommon color on any bmw it seems.

It's not an Individual color is it?

So, I'm getting a (2006?) Rav4 (dark blue) (dad's old car), with just about 150,000 miles. What should I do to make it look better?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So, I'm getting a (2006?) Rav4 (dark blue) (dad's old car), with just about 150,000 miles. What should I do to make it look better?

Wheels can make or break a car. 

Try to find a set that matches your car nicely. Should make it look a lot nicer.

Also, maybe window tint? Black out any chrome parts. And maybe even lower it a tad? You wanna keep it high enough for when when you go offroading  :P

It's not an Individual color is it?

Just found out the code. Its called light yellow metallic and the color code is 376

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

An RWD hatchback.. I bet that thing is pretty fun  :P

Wish they had those in the states..

Aye, it's not too bad. Shame he has the eco diesel. With a bit more power it would be great. Out of all the cars he tested this one was by far in a way the most engaging to drive. 

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

hi

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just found out the code. Its called light yellow metallic and the color code is 376

... that must be really rare. It's not even on the website I was on which listed (apparently) all E46 colors.

I quite like it. It's like a faded Dakar/Phoenix Yellow. Not as shouty/gaudy but still very visible.  :P

Awesome to know that i'm not the only one that geeks out about cars as much as i do about pc's.

Here is a link to an ablum of pics of my first car. ( https://imgur.com/a/cy3hC ) She is long gone,mid 2011 a friend of my moms replaced the water pump,and noticed that the over flow tank cap was broken,and instead of replacing it with an OEM one(The stock one release the pressure after it gets to a spefic PSI),he replaced it with a universal one,which did not hold in the pressure at all allowing the liquid to boil,i think that mixed with the fact my mom decided to just put in water while she barrowed the car,all that caused the head gasket to blow,i spent a little over a month with a friend on week ends trying to fix it,and i had never done repairs this deep in engine before,and well after the repair,their was somehow coolant in the fresh oil agian,and she sounded worse than when i started the repair.

So i chose to sell her,i ended up selling her for $200,and what was worse is the guy told me all he was going to do was crush her,as soon as he left i went in my house and cried for about an hour,because that damn fun to drive, it loved to drive fast lol,and just going out for a drive in it help me out trough a very stressful time.

As for my current car here she is:

9QpcLvS.jpg

My realstic dream car(i might be able to get it in a few year if i work hard) in this:

2004-Subaru-Forester-2.5-XS-3.jpg

I would want to pick up some base  impreza rims,and suspension to make it feel like more of a wagon.

Now my unrealstic dream car:

2014-Nissan-GT-R.jpg

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

Wheels can make or break a car. 

Try to find a set that matches your car nicely. Should make it look a lot nicer.

Also, maybe window tint? Black out any chrome parts. And maybe even lower it a tad? You wanna keep it high enough for when when you go offroading  :P

k thanks.

ill look for some.

i wonder how RGB underbody lights would look on a rav4...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

hi

Inb4 Vtac  :P

k thanks.

ill look for some.

i wonder how RGB underbody lights would look on a rav4...

Don't forget hydraulics and spinners  :P

if you actually want underglow.. just make sure they're legal to have where you live. 

Don't forget hydraulics and spinners  :P

if you actually want underglow.. just make sure they're legal to have where you live. 

good point, never seen a car with underglow, so need to make sur ethey are allowed

Anyone here with a VW and a leaking sunroof? Any model from 2009 till today.

Edit: I am talking about the hoses in the A and C pillar.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Anyone here with a VW and a leaking sunroof? Any model from 2009 till today.

I duct taped the sunroof on my Infiniti because it was leaking...

... that must be really rare. It's not even on the website I was on which listed (apparently) all E46 colors.

I quite like it. It's like a faded Dakar/Phoenix Yellow. Not as shouty/gaudy but still very visible.  :P

Yeah, i think it is much better than the phoenix yellow you can get on m3's. That color is just way too bright for me haha. Ive been doing some research on the color for a little bit now and i guess it was only available for custom orders only, meaning that no cars where ever in that color on a showroom floor. That i guess is the reason that it is so uncommon.

PxVEysw.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

ecca7b2c7fb062a393e7245a639ef848.jpgS14 <3

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III