Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

yeah it does. Wide angle kinda changes perspective a bit compared to normal camera angles.

And you should totally move it down, I agree. Maybe get a mount that attaches to passenger headrest somehow? I think that's a thing... might be wrong. Sounds pretty cool. I like that level of volume. I think it's perfect as far as loudness goes, it's not too over the top.

whatever you say m8. Physics is so weird. Lol

I would like to see a way to detailed explanation behind this theory though lol

but a suspension setup like that with no sway bars is pretty nice. No sway bars is totally the way to go if you're building a race car IMO. maybe just tiny ones for balancing and that's it.

Been wanting to get a better suction mount with a longer arm on it and an external microphone. Gonna look into it some more though

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Been wanting to get a better suction mount with a longer arm on it and an external microphone. Gonna look into it some more though

at least you don't have my setup where the windshield doesn't have a roof supporting it so anything you mount to it shakes like crazy lol, so I have to mount cameras behind on the wind-blocker rail thing. Not perfect either but it works.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

at least you don't have my setup where the windshield doesn't have a roof supporting it so anything you mount to it shakes like crazy lol

Yeah I just mount mine to my sunroof. Works fairly well, just needs some more length to it. Maybe something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Suction-GorillaPod-Go-Pros-Action-Cameras/dp/B00O8R79T6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1496028732&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Suction-Greater-Session-Compact/dp/B00PQ4ACQ2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1496028732&sr=8-9

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

i like the bottom one more. less joints for movement and the joints that are there are thicker and have locks so less prone to moving/shaking

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

i like the bottom one more. less joints for movement and the joints that are there are thicker so less prone to moving/shaking

I think it's the same brand as my current one too, just a bit bigger. Guess I'll be adding that to the purchase list this upcoming weekend

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I think it's the same brand as my current one too, just a bit bigger. Guess I'll be adding that to the purchase list this upcoming weekend

plus it's amazon. If you don't like it then put a UPS return label on it and get a full refund as soon as you drop it off at the UPS store and they scan it in lol

in case it doesnt go as planned

Spoiler

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Okay so if we can avoid the politics of this, this is hilariously ironic:

Hide contents

hWgtmU7.jpg

wut am i supposed to be seeing here?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

plus it's amazon. If you don't like it then put a UPS return label on it and get a full refund as soon as you drop it off at the UPS store and they scan it in lol

in case it doesnt go as planned

Yeah Amazon is always the easiest to RMA to. Even easier than NewEgg from personal experience

23 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah Amazon is always the easiest to RMA to. Even easier than NewEgg from personal experience

Newegg was super easy. I tell them the issue. They look at the warranty, it checks out, they send shipping label, i send part back, 1-2 weeks later I get new part in mail :P

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Just now, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Newegg was super easy. I tell them the issue. They look at the warranty, it checks out, they send shipping label, i send part back, 1-2 weeks later I get new part in mail :P

NewEgg was never bad to deal with, just take a little while, Amazon is asap

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

wut am i supposed to be seeing here?

A Trump supporters car. Id rather have voted for turnip but that wasnt a real candidate but would have been better then killery nuklear war with Russia Clinton or the man with the mind of a turnip and the body of a oompaloompa

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

A Trump supporters car. Id rather have voted for turnip but that wasnt a real candidate but would have been better then killery nuklear war with Russia Clinton or the man with the mind of a turnip and the body of a oompaloompa

This was satire if anyone couldnt tell. Just fyi

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

You're not complying with the warning in the post.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

20 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

17 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

Reading is hard?

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Okay so if we can avoid the politics of this

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Reading is hard?

What's more ironic, you saying don't talk about politics after posting a political picture or the picture itself? 

System: Thinkpad T460

11 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

What's more ironic, you saying don't talk about politics after posting a political picture or the picture itself? 

I'm saying the irony of it is funny no matter which way you lean.

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Kinda thinking about getting a Swedish plate for the front of my car after I get paid. I reallllllllly want to for some reason

Send me $2 in the mail and a return envelope and Il 'liberate' one of a SAAB here :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Would I need ramps to be able to change my exhaust or could I just use axle stands?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Would I need ramps to be able to change my exhaust or could I just use axle stands?

either would work. You don't need to the wheels off and you really just need to be able to get under the car.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

either would work. You don't need to the wheels off and you really just need to be able to get under the car.

My only experience when working on exhausts has been with the vehicle on a lift, hoping my car lets the standard exhaust go relatively nicely

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

that's a 1983 model??? O.o that looks like straight out of the 40s.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

12 minutes ago, terrytek said:

that's a 1983 model??? O.o that looks like straight out of the 40s.

Produced between 1948~1990.