Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

let me remind @vinyldash303 even though it was kind of their fault for doing it poorly and because of their torture, the rotsun has blown up many a time :P 

That's what made the Rotsun so great

But yeah. Mostly their fault

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

11 minutes ago, vetali said:

thonkang :x 

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Weeeeeeee

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I would if it weren't next to impossible to upgrade the injectors. Probably cheaper to plop an LS2 in and do headers/exhaust , and a big throttle body to keep the cable throttle. 

RB swap

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I would if it weren't next to impossible to upgrade the injectors. Probably cheaper to plop an LS2 in and do headers/exhaust , and a big throttle body to keep the cable throttle. 

What you mean it's impossible to upgrade the injectors? Get down bigger injectors, splice wires so the connectors match (most injectors are a standard wire count) 

and bam there ya go. 

Youd have to change the FPR (for higher pressure) and fuel pump most likely and figure out however you tune those things but totally doable.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

What you mean it's impossible to upgrade the injectors? Get down bigger injectors, splice wires so the connectors match (most injectors are a standard wire count) 

and bam there ya go. 

Youd have to change the FPR (for higher pressure) and fuel pump most likely and figure out however you tune those things but totally doable.

LezMrV2.jpg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

"Sum up the Toronto car scene in one picture"

> say no more fam

>> broken cars and everyone's lit

592b638835aa8_CTMPVDSF12.thumb.jpg.4cb1597810136c6b5c0165a583d2c01b.jpg

@RevoltTrain

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Because like the picture @vetali posted, it doesnt use a fuel rail. It uses a fuel spider. There is an oem upgraded fuel spider available for a couple hundred bucks, but you see maybe 10 house from it, and its still not enough to safely boost it, and I may already have it installed. AFAIK theres not an easy way to tell one from the other. 

Best wat to get more power is to plop an ls in it. 

Or you know, just buy something faster. 

That upgraded one doesn't hold up any longer either. Lasted my dad like 40k miles. At 300 dollars, its not a worthwhile upgrade until your current one is leaking. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

17 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

CTMP VDSF 14.jpg

damn they're nice

38 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

"Sum up the Toronto car scene in one picture"

> say no more fam

>> broken cars and everyone's lit

592b638835aa8_CTMPVDSF12.thumb.jpg.4cb1597810136c6b5c0165a583d2c01b.jpg

@RevoltTrain

MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you did good today when 

Screenshot_2017-05-28-20-43-13.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

@bcredeur97 hope you can keep engine bay temps down. Its been in the 80s here today and the intake air temps are in the tripple digits of the S10. ATF temps are about 197-208. Its getting to be summer. 

They are sexy though. 

IMG_0291.JPG

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

lol my intake temps are in the triple digits IN WINTER here lol

My intake temps are about 30-35 over ambient. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Omg what did I just find LOL

@MEC-777

CTMP VDSF 17.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, vetali said:

LezMrV2.jpg

Thats the fuel injectors? o_O

ok then. Carb is the answer @vinyldash303

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Mine are about 20-25

My intake is behind my front right fog light. So mine are super chilly. Like if it's 50F or so and I'm not pushing the car at all the running temps will fall from operating temp to cold again. Doubt that will happen after I get my ECU (Ordering on Friday or Saturday)

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Fuuuuck that. The answer is always LS. 

Or diesel. But the S10 will be an LS10 when its time for a new engine. 

Why not? It'll sound cooler and sure it won't be as efficient as an FI setup but it'll still get down the road faster than an N/A non turbo lol

who cares about the million tuning issues you'll have just because the weather changed? /s

Spoiler

I promised you guys would get this clip. Need to point my GoPro a little down from now on because it kept focusing on something weird

Also, GoPro makes things look so much further away than they really are. Like that little bit around 55 seconds

8 hours ago, vetali said:

Realistically I don't see that happening. Too many people here that drive under the limit already. Add in the people that don't want to go quicker (old people, people with shit cars, and people that don't realize the limit was changed) and I believe there would be an increase in slow drivers.

I hang within the limit, and see this shit a lot too. Like I said, I usually meet these people at the traffic light once I hit town. Its great. 

Around here there aren't that many cops anymore. Basically the state isn't paying the state patrol good enough and struggling to recruit so they've all been relocating or going to PDs. I still go the limit though, because if I get tickets I won't have a job. 

Around here where I live, most people drive over the limit and at times, quite significantly. And no, I'm not talking about myself. I do speed, I ain't going to lie, but not excessively. Maybe 10-15 (KPH) over, depending on the road, traffic and conditions. To be clear though, I'm NOT one of those impatient people who tailgates and passes everyone at the first chance I get. I keep a safe distance and I'm generally not in a hurry to get where I'm going (unless it's an emergency). Because, like you said, I too see those people all the time, who lane-weave and pass, only to get to the same red light further down the road at the same time. I'm not one of those people. 

I generally drive a little faster for several reasons. I feel more comfortable and more alert travelling at higher speed (less prone to fatigue behind the wheel) and like I've mentioned before, around here the flow of traffic is more often than not, above the limit, regardless. I go with the flow so as to not create unnecessary lane-changes for others trying to get around me. Quite often I observe ONE or two drivers going "the limit" among 90% of the traffic around them trying to move smoothly at 10-15 over, but they cause an obstruction. The people around them then have to hit their brakes, change lanes, and get frustrated/impatient.  

I have observed on more than one occasion, a driver being pulled over for obstructing traffic while driving at or near the limit on a 4-lane highway, while everyone around them was driving faster (at least 10-15 over the limit. They were pulled over for going slower in the wrong lane, but the odd thing that stands out to me is; they were going the limit and it was clearly OK, according to that patrol, for everyone around (the flow of traffic) to be travelling 10-15 over. 

So this is why I say; raise the limit to what is more conducive to what the majority of the flow of traffic already drives at and enforce that limit more strictly. 

Check out this demonstration the result speaks for itself. A group of people did this not too long ago on highway 401 near Toronto (will try to find an article about it) and the result was the same. The majority of traffic speeds and the limits are not enforced properly, nor fairly. The way things are currently run creates a chaotic and dangerous place, out there on our roads.

Found the Toronto article here: http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/678348/posts

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah that's why I don't get why autocrossers seem to be obsessed with giant sway bars. Eventually you'll be three wheeling on corners and that's an entire tires worth of grip you're  not getting

Our MR2, once dialed in with full custom suspension setup, would lift a front tire when accelerating while cornering. It didn't have sway bars. ;) If the mechanical grip is sufficient and the setup is optimised, you don't necessarily need all 4 tires on the ground. ;) 

IMG_3085.JPG.a52a7cd82100be5fadccbda89c591c8a.JPGP1040020.jpg.e6c94717a22cddbdae174fd7176c85a7.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

@MEC-777 As massive of a fan of WEC as I am... I actually forgot the 6H of Spa happened.

Folding@Home | BOINC

@Maybach123 you right

Screenshot_2017-05-28-22-53-23.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

Kinda thinking about getting a Swedish plate for the front of my car after I get paid. I reallllllllly want to for some reason

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

I promised you guys would get this clip. Need to point my GoPro a little down from now on because it kept focusing on something weird

-snip-

Also, GoPro makes things look so much further away than they really are. Like that little bit around 55 seconds

yeah it does. Wide angle kinda changes perspective a bit compared to normal camera angles.

And you should totally move it down, I agree. Maybe get a mount that attaches to passenger headrest somehow? I think that's a thing... might be wrong. Sounds pretty cool. I like that level of volume. I think it's perfect as far as loudness goes, it's not too over the top.

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Our MR2, once dialed in with full custom suspension setup, would lift a front tire when accelerating while cornering. It didn't have sway bars. ;) If the mechanical grip is sufficient and the setup is optimised, you don't necessarily need all 4 tires on the ground. ;) 

-snip-

whatever you say m8. Physics is so weird. Lol

I would like to see a way to detailed explanation behind this theory though lol

but a suspension setup like that with no sway bars is pretty nice. No sway bars is totally the way to go if you're building a race car IMO. maybe just tiny ones for balancing and that's it.

Spoiler