Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Put my car in track mode and now I'm wondering if 310hp and 320lbs of torque is too much to have fun ripping through gears. 3rd doesn't end till 80mph and by then if I rip through 4th that's car getting impounded territory.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'm trying to think of why you continue to comment here and contribute literally nothing to the conversation

Lol road head is better then getting a hj while driving though meh distracted driving kills.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Put my car in track mode and now I'm wondering if 310hp and 320lbs of torque is too much to have fun ripping through gears. 3rd doesn't end till 80mph and by then if I rip through 4th that's car getting impounded territory.

You need more

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

My second gear tops out at 80mph, and sport mode makes my stock power more fun than you'd think

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Depends on each persons fun factor, some like speed, others like torque, some like winding turns others like straight ahead.

Bit of the Porsche (British) racing  green in the sun 

IMG_9284.thumb.JPG.9e5178b0df5494bb77fdeb0b56d67167.JPG

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Now. I'm not going to waste too much money on my little 3800.

But these valve covers are very pretty

100_1697.jpg

Maybe i should take a moment to paint mine at the very least..

On second thought.. 

OLJLXtK.jpg

Will probably have to pull the engine to do so.. Curse you GM!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Dont bother, its an engine, not eye candy.... unless you are doing shows. Otherwise its a fucking waste of money & time.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Dont bother, its an engine, not eye candy.... unless you are doing shows. Otherwise its a fucking waste of money & time.

Probably going to hold of on it and just do up the valve covers on the LS based engine i'll stick into it later. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

33 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'm trying to think of why you continue to comment here and contribute literally nothing to the conversation

Ignore list ftw

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

42 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My second gear tops out at 80mph, and sport mode makes my stock power more fun than you'd think

Must have tall gearing in your car. Would be a lot quicker with short gear ratio at the sacrifice of the 0-60 times.

This camaro caught my eye at the cruise. I think its a 79. Its got sort of a pro-touring look going and it has the landau roof. I dig it.

18766646_512036615587249_191666269064927

Edit. Just realized i could look the thing up online. It is indeed a 79. And it got swapped. A 305 TPI. 

21 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Must have tall gearing in your car. Would be a lot quicker with short gear ratio at the sacrifice of the 0-60 times.

My first gear tops out around 45mph or so. I'll find out what 3rd and 4th top out at when I take it to the track

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

28 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My first gear tops out around 45mph or so. I'll find out what 3rd and 4th top out at when I take it to the track

Sounds like my corolla. It's probably not bad if you have 300+ hp and a good bit of torque lol

but any less and it feels so slow lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Sounds like my corolla. It's probably not bad if you have 300+ hp and a good bit of torque lol

but any less and it feels so slow lol

My car feels like it needs just a tiny bit more power and it'll be more than plenty

So I'm gonna throw 95hp more at it and call it a day

God. That's probably more than a NA Miata makes to the wheels now. And I'm just casually adding it to my daily

18 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My car feels like it needs just a tiny bit more power and it'll be more than plenty

So I'm gonna throw 95hp more at it and call it a day

God. That's probably more than a NA Miata makes to the wheels now. And I'm just casually adding it to my daily

Well diminishing returns is a thing. A 15 hp bump on 100 hp will feel like way more compared to a 15hp bump on 250hp

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Well diminishing returns is a thing. A 15 hp bump on 100 hp will feel like way more compared to a 15hp bump on 250hp

Oh I know, it's not the amount of horsepower / torque that actually matters, but the percentage compared to stock. 15hp bump on a 100hp car is of course a 15% increase in power

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

So glad I don't have the money to replace an engine for fun because if I could you know you'd be seeing two posts from me:

1. Hey I tuned my engine
  2. Holy shit it exploded spectacularly

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

So glad I don't have the money to replace an engine for fun because if I could you know you'd be seeing two posts from me:

1. Hey I tuned my engine
  2. Holy shit it exploded spectacularly

Me when I get a beater and want to nos it because why the fuck not

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Me when I get a beater and want to nos it because why the fuck not

God what's amusing to me is for two tiny turbos they can make so much power. Kinda want to get a wrecked ecoboost and just tune it.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

God what's amusing to me is for two tiny turbos they can make so much power. Kinda want to get a wrecked ecoboost and just tune it.

Facebook-Famous-last-words-Car-Throttle-

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd love to do a TT V6 Ecoboost Foxbdoy (Same engine as you of course)

Or maybe even a S13, but we all know how much I love S13s

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I got the bed for it, let's do it. How many days do you think it'll take to make boost?

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I'd love to do a TT V6 Ecoboost Foxbdoy (Same engine as you of course)

Or maybe even a S13, but we all know how much I love S13s

$12k tho new, would be so much fun but for the money I really couldn't justify it, even for a wrecked engine and I checked some yards. Cheapest, okay condition one I found was $6.5k.