Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I think it only did that because of the road surface. :P

It does that even on dry even asphalt, just not as badly.

"Rawr XD"

It does that even on dry even asphalt, just not as badly.

Kinda what I meant, wheel spin is easy but what you did is reserved for high power cars usually. :P

@Speedyv @terrytek @AlwaysFSX

THE TORQUE STEER

How worn are your tires?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@Speedyv @terrytek @AlwaysFSX

THE TORQUE STEER

No limited slip i presume

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

:P

Broken image

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Kinda what I meant, wheel spin is easy but what you did is reserved for high power cars usually. :P

lol, it's very common on 250+ hp FWD cars.

"Rawr XD"

Not very.

Just confused. If the wheel turned that much on my (Now crushed) Benz i'd pull a 180 xD 

Just confused. If the wheel turned that much on my (Now crushed) Benz i'd pull a 180 xD 

It was me turning the wheel. I had to turn it to keep the thing straight. If you don't hold the wheel it turns the same amount by itself but to the right.

"Rawr XD"

It was me turning the wheel. I had to turn it to keep the thing straight. If you don't hold the wheel it turns the same amount by itself but to the right.

With the wheel still perfectly straight? My moms 250bhp saab turbo would  torque steer but at that point it tried to yank the wheel out of my hands  :huh:

Don't they usually have a way to select some "low" gears (1, 2)?

Some cars do, my Acura TSX can start in 2nd if you just use the paddle shifter at a dead stop.

Swedes love their little 2,3l 8v redblock

With the wheel still perfectly straight? My moms 250bhp saab turbo would  torque steer but at that point it tried to yank the wheel out of my hands  :huh:

Holding the wheel perfectly straight the car pulls to whatever side has more traction when wheels start spinning

"Rawr XD"

@techswede how reliable and well-built is the Saab?

It was alright. We did not have too many issues with the one we had. The 2.3t engine has become quite a popular swap for old nissans too

torque steer. What is with you people and all these features? I go straight if I dont hold the wheel and floor it in my Accord.

Blarg

torque steer. What is with you people and all these features? I go straight if I dont hold the wheel and floor it in my Accord.

Considering that I had to manually turn the wheel left to even keep it straight, if I did that earlier I would have went straight.... into the pole.

"Rawr XD"

Considering that I had to manually turn the wheel left to even keep it straight, if I did that earlier I would have went straight.... into the pole.

a.baa-Crashed-ferrari.jpg

I honestly wanna put an EJ25 in there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I honestly wanna put an EJ25 in there.

It has had a swap already. And it never came with a 2.5 (like the stickers suggest)

It may already have a  swapped EJ25

I would leave it as is, and get rid of all the aero.

System: Thinkpad T460

It has had a swap already. And it never came with a 2.5 (like the stickers suggest)

It may already have a  swapped EJ25

I would leave it as is, and get rid of all the aero.

Honestly, the splitters look stupid, so yeah, get rid of those, and maybe get a ducktail spoiler if it looks good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D