Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 4/23/2024 at 9:21 AM, Vonrottes said:

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's 1.4t Cruze could smoke a 4 cylinder Altima, they are supposed be a V6 car no matter how awful a VQ sounds once the cat has been cut off to pay rent with that big Altima energy 😂

I say this in the S10 groups on Facebook almost everyday... Every engine in the S10 is perfectly adequate. Iron duke, 2.8 and 4.3, they are at the end of the day light duty trucks and if you use them as such are perfectly adequate trucks.

Mine at this point is literally just a 2wd Syclone, I don't get to be fast off the line, making like about 300hp at the crank and no traction control like the G8 had if it doesn't spin into 3rd gear the wheel hop will knock your teeth out...since split mono leaf springs and caltracs bars haven't really been a priority, though the "big tires" and torsen diff has helped a lot with traction.. 

I'm in an S10 group on FB myself.

Did you happen to see the vid where a guy made their own home-brewed Syclone, using the drivetrain from an AWD Astro van?
I can't recall if they swapped the body off and onto the Astro frame or not but they did have to use the drivetrain from it and combined it with a turbocharger on the engine.
They were making really good power after some tuning; in fact results close to, if not the same as a Syclone once it was right.

Yeah, I'm not modding mine even though I could, and a 350 would be a literal drop-in while still using the rest of the drivetrain that's in it now.
However I've owned a V8 S10 before and while it was nice, it's also not what I really want these days so the old 4.3 will do because it has all along.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

22 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I'm in an S10 group on FB myself.

Did you happen to see the vid where a guy made their own home-brewed Syclone, using the drivetrain from an AWD Astro van?
I can't recall if they swapped the body off and onto the Astro frame or not but they did have to use the drivetrain from it and combined it with a turbocharger on the engine.
They were making really good power after some tuning; in fact results close to, if not the same as a Syclone once it was right.

Yeah, I'm not modding mine even though I could, and a 350 would be a literal drop-in while still using the rest of the drivetrain that's in it now.
However I've owned a V8 S10 before and while it was nice, it's also not what I really want these days so the old 4.3 will do because it has all along.

Hardcore S10 and S10 Nation are the S10 groups that matter, OG mintruckers basically run those two groups.

Tony Angelo and his Sikeclone 😂 it's a fun build, the entirety of the sy/ty group kinda called him out with that stock block and eBay turbo not holding up... And he's already cooked it twice. There's a reason the sy/ty guys run bowtie and aftermarket blocks when they want to make real power... Another prime example of a 4.3 not holding power is the Psycho-syclone... Which I got to see in person at Carlisle in 2019, friend even got to drive it... Crappy video..

But Since Tony Angelo is in central PA I mentioned on one of the videos they should bring it out to the Carlisle truck nationals in August... Promptly got a "maybe" responses.

I wouldn't even think about a old school SBC swap, not enough gained for the amount of work. LS swap gained modern diagnostics, potential power and 28mpg on the highway, plus it's way easier to work on the whole OBD2 thing helps a lot.. plug it in and it pops up at a 2002 Tahoe.

Drives like a stock S10 but push the pedal a little more and it will push you firmly into the seats. No one even knows I have a V8 until I pop the hood or punch it 😂

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

Sure as hell sounds a lot more compensated than your V8... I can tell it right off the video, lol...

and it's not like this vehicle's stock engine was trash or anything regarding speed, could have probably swapped the turbos and that would have rocked and rolled.

Maybe you should focus on... uh, nevermind. Keep up with the cool aid that American is the only good!!

Customer states: Naw I know it's just "the sensor" cause "the guy" plugged in "the computer" and told me so.

20240424_161656.jpg

18 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Customer states: Naw I know it's just "the sensor" cause "the guy" plugged in "the computer" and told me so.

20240424_161656.jpg

That's kinda like the guy that told my wife the stereo she wanted installed was "Bad" because it was popping fuses right after the install.

What happened was the installer (Probrably some noob off the street - I dunno and wasn't there) let the power wire touch the unit's chassis and blew it up (Shorted it out), confirmed it with an inspection (External and internal) and my meter after she brought it home.
It was a brandnew unit I had bought and sent with her to get it done and that's what happened, I could even see traces of the burn spot on the chassis where it made contact with the power wire during the work and it blew up.

Coudn't "Prove" it and I just let it go because while all that may have been true (About the installer) I've been in the same situation myself as the guy doing the work. We all "F" up sometimes and I chalked it up as being that.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.