Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Same

Screenshot_20170105-004540.jpg

not enough turbos 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, patric_o said:

As an early graduation present my father is going to give me one of his cars since the Jeep I bought two years ago(2003 Jeep wrangler with 206,000 miles) finally gave up. He is offering me one of the two vehicles.

2002 BMW z3 (manual transmission) with 76,000 miles

or

2004 Mustang Gt convertible with 88,000 miles

He is the craziest car guru and I swear he has some new classic pre-80's hot rod every few months but these are the two cars he has had for a few years and just uses them to get around town. Both are in near perfect mechanical condition but I can't decide which one I like better. I plan on taking whichever one I decide on to college with me and my old Jeep was a manual so that isn't a problem either. What do you people think? (Don't tell me I should go out and buy a new car, we are talking about a free car here and I am not passing up this opportunity)

Frankly I'd take the Mustang just because I think the Z3 is kinda awful.

5 hours ago, terrytek said:

and a glorious wagon variant, dubbed the touring.

:x

You're damn right I'd love that.

Plus, drag coefficient of just 0.30. Heck, that's better than an S2000.

2 hours ago, patric_o said:

As an early graduation present my father is going to give me one of his cars since the Jeep I bought two years ago(2003 Jeep wrangler with 206,000 miles) finally gave up. He is offering me one of the two vehicles.

2002 BMW z3 (manual transmission) with 76,000 miles

or

2004 Mustang Gt convertible with 88,000 miles

He is the craziest car guru and I swear he has some new classic pre-80's hot rod every few months but these are the two cars he has had for a few years and just uses them to get around town. Both are in near perfect mechanical condition but I can't decide which one I like better. I plan on taking whichever one I decide on to college with me and my old Jeep was a manual so that isn't a problem either. What do you people think? (Don't tell me I should go out and buy a new car, we are talking about a free car here and I am not passing up this opportunity)

Depends on the Z3's engine...

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Same

Screenshot_20170105-004540.jpg

"Yo dawg, I heard you like turbos, so I put a turbo on your turbo so you can turbo while you turbo" x 9000

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

okay so i think im going to buy a 1998 e11 corolla hatchback, i have found a rust free low mileage car for sale, its pink/red but hey any car will do for my first car! it is really boring tho, 1.3 4efe.. has a manual transmission wich is a big plus, seller says he can include a nice stereo system for a little bit of extra cash (car is 1500$, if i opt to have the stereo it will be 1650$)

it has a few dents and dings but nothing too bad. (i really like the body style of this car, would love to get a widebody kit for it if that is a thing,  something not ricey, just curvy and smooth like factory, and then finish the look with a set of 15" gunmetal xxr 537 rims, would look really nice!)

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

8 minutes ago, OleST said:

okay so i think im going to buy a 1998 e11 corolla hatchback, i have found a rust free low mileage car for sale, its pink/red but hey any car will do for my first car! it is really boring tho, 1.3 4efe.. has a manual transmission wich is a big plus, seller says he can include a nice stereo system for a little bit of extra cash (car is 1500$, if i opt to have the stereo it will be 1650$)

it has a few dents and dings but nothing too bad. (i really like the body style of this car, would love to get a widebody kit for it if that is a thing,  something not ricey, just curvy and smooth like factory, and then finish the look with a set of 15" gunmetal xxr 537 rims, would look really nice!)

That is how I'd like to start my 2017 off

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

1 minute ago, iHardware Shelden said:

That is how I'd like to start my 2017 off

Mate, you have a V6 Honda...

And I'm not even old enough to get my driving license (not that I don't drive :ph34r:)... :P

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Mate, you have a V6 Honda...

And I'm not even old enough to get my driving license (not that I don't drive :ph34r:)... :P

But it's an e11 :P

5 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

But it's an e11 :P

An E11 isn't that special (not saying it's bad)

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

That's true, they aren't here in the states (as far as I know) so only ones I see over seas are the clean perfect ones that remind me of 90s civic hatches

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

nope, they are really common over here. most of those old corollas last as long as their owner...

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

1 minute ago, OleST said:

nope, they are really common over here. most of those old corollas last as long as their owner...

They look better than these sedans that we got here in the states IMO, but yeah they never die no matter how the owner treats them

2001_Toyota_Corolla_S_in_silver_rear.jpg

wait wtf....... so i was looking at bodykits and i found out that theres a wrc car based on the e11.... WAT?

Got a text from my isp.  They are going to send out a tech but it might take 3-5 days before they can come here...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

42 minutes ago, OleST said:

wait wtf....... so i was looking at bodykits and i found out that theres a wrc car based on the e11.... WAT?

It's a rally legend >.<

toyota-corolla-wrc-2000.jpg

11 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

It's a rally legend >.<

the boring road car dosent match that.... what did you do toyota? you f*cked up! this thing could have been trading blows with evos, skylines, subies and more cars i cant think of atm...

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Got a text from my isp.  They are going to send out a tech but it might take 3-5 days before they can come here...

You know how people thought that at the turn of the 21st century that all kinds of technology like internet would have massive innovation in tech and quality of life?

I think we're another century away from that.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You know how people thought that at the turn of the 21st century that all kinds of technology like internet would have massive innovation in tech and quality of life?

I think we're another century away from that.

The fiber in my area is still operational. It's just us copper line peasants that are without Internet. ..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

@chaozbandit @MEC-777 and anyone else, opinions on what appears to be a Laferrari engine in a 458. :x. Owner Is Greg B15535049_1421508801207173_57839298636394

Well of course it'd be Greg, wouldn't it.

Speaking of:

@MEC-777

Screenshot_20161220-204550.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@terrytek

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Sears has sold Craftsman to Stanely, but it looks like Stanely wants to bring at least more of the manufacturing back to the US, so that's good. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-sears-sells-craftsman-stanley-20170105-story.html

"To accommodate the future growth of Craftsman, we intend to expand our manufacturing footprint in the U.S.," Stanley Chief Executive Officer James M. Loree said in the statement.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Sears has sold Craftsman to Stanely, but it looks like Stanely wants to bring at least more of the manufacturing back to the US, so that's good. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-sears-sells-craftsman-stanley-20170105-story.html

Well thats good, even though I don't like Stanley. Sears has been slowly killing Craftsman over 20 years. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

Well thats good, even though I don't like Stanley. Sears has been slowly killing Craftsman over 20 years. 

"Stanley" branded tools are the lowest of their offerings I believe, Stanley also owns Proto and MAC as well. I'm hoping they want to bring the quality of Craftsman up to slightly below that of MAC and Proto.

Although I agree that sears has been strangling Craftsman for a long time now. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

"Stanley" branded tools are the lowest of their offerings I believe, Stanley also owns Proto and MAC as well. I'm hoping they want to bring the quality of Craftsman up to slightly below that of MAC and Proto.

Although I agree that sears has been strangling Craftsman for a long time now. 

Mac is so up and down. Some of their products are great, others are just rebrands from Asia. Would be nice if the Mac dealers could start selling and warrantying Craftsman though. Going to sears and getting turned down 90% of the time for a warranty got old quick. 

Is Dewalt a Stanley product as well? Cause all Mac's battery powered stuff is Dewalt. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

Mac is so up and down. Some of their products are great, others are just rebrands from Asia. Would be nice if the Mac dealers could start selling and warrantying Craftsman though. Going to sears and getting turned down 90% of the time for a warranty got old quick. 

Is Dewalt a Stanley product as well? Cause all Mac's battery powered stuff is Dewalt. 

Yeah, Dewalt and Milwalkee are both owned by Stanley. 

Interesting that you've had problems getting warranty replacements from sears, I've never had them ask any questions, even some that were clearly abused.

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Yeah, Dewalt and Milwalkee are both owned by Stanley. 

Interesting that you've had problems getting warranty replacements from sears, I've never had them ask any questions, even some that were clearly abused.

Its hard when the people working the counter know you're in the trade. They will only warranty their "pro" lines if you are in the trade. Back when I first started, my co-worker and I had lots of craftsman stuff. We had to go and rebuy a lot of that stuff from dealers because Sears just wouldn't warranty anything for us anymore. My co-worker bought the pro line of screwdrivers from Craftsman and really liked them. Had a few warrantied. Then he broke another, went to have it warrantied and they stopped making them so Sears wouldn't warranty them.

He just ended up getting a set of Snap ons that went on sale. 

And don't get me wrong, I don't misuse my tools for the most part. Very rarely I actually break tools.