Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

My work pc

DAMN.

Your "work" (12yo dont work, but ok, Ill take it) is pretty CPU intensive as far as I can tell.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

DAMN.

Your "work" (12yo dont work, but ok, Ill take it) is pretty CPU intensive as far as I can tell.

its mostly for Revit, it can run on much lower power machines but in a business you look at time.  if a $450 cpu saves me a few mins a day it pays for itself pretty quick with my billing rate.  the GTX 1070 is complete overkill though, I don't do anything that utilizes that.  The IT guy wanted it for when my pc turns into a hand me down for rendering purposes

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

2 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

the GTX 1070 is complete overkill though, I don't do anything that utilizes that.  The IT guy wanted it for when my pc turns into a hand me down for rendering purposes

take it with you and replace it with the 780 :ph34r: nvm custom loop

My office slushbox:

Cinebench.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

take it with you and replace it with the 780 :ph34r: nvm custom loop

haha, I'd say the idea crossed my mind, but my IT guy is prolly reading this...

and the whole watercooled thing on my gaming pc kinda kills it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

46 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

thats me at 0:55 :D 

pisses me off when people drive 30 in a 25 >:(

#Selfie4proof

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

7 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

haha, I'd say the idea crossed my mind, but my IT guy is prolly reading this...

Is he a member? lolw00t

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Few people if any were actually able to play the game I believe, and if they did it ran awfully

Yeah I saw that on /r/forza

I wonder why it worked for some people but not others. Interesting

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Is he a member? lolw00t

See below

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Work computer -> IT person sees all internet activity

What he said

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Work computer -> IT person sees all internet activity

Nope, my buddy "pranked" one of my friends by opening animal pron on a school computer. No-one got in trouble.

Ps: dem skool computrs are monitorer in every way possible acording to it staff.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

8 minutes ago, OleST said:

#Selfie4proof

when I was younger and before the sex change

IMG_5841.JPG

1 minute ago, OleST said:

Nope, my buddy "pranked" one of my friends by opening animal pron on a school computer. No-one got in trouble.

IT guy at my work actually knows what he's doing... I'm not saying he's constantly monitoring everything, but he can see everything

1 minute ago, warmmilk said:

xD

1 minute ago, warmmilk said:

IT guy at my work actually knows what he's doing... I'm not saying he's constantly monitoring everything, but he can see everything

Oh okay, quick just let me remote help you, i promise there wont be illegal pron xP

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Well, I thought that thread was for P CARS and Assetto only... :|

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Just saw it... Why does it have shit specs tho?

'scuse me sir, it clearly says Forza Friendly.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

well if you're uploading photos and doing other things, your score is gonna suck :P

My i5 2435M gets 231.

back when I had my G3258 at 4.6Ghz it ran 331.

well i closed everything before i ran the tests. i actually cancelled my uploads to do it lol. but i left task manager open to see how much cpu was actually being used. it shot up right to like 80 percent usage. i wonder what used up that other 19 (for some reason, my pc caps out at 99 percent usage, never 100)

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

ok .. today my cpu got 269 xD 

still better than my pc's 225, and that's with a quad core.

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

@RevoltTrain

When you were download the January update for FH3, it didn't download the whole game again...

i already thought the mazdaspeed 3 was in fh3, no?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

18 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

so know we know he's a guy and probably 30 with a midlife crisis since he owns a miata..

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i already thought the mazdaspeed 3 was in fh3, no?

Not sure if it is the same one, but yes, it was already there.

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Not sure if it is the same one, but yes, it was already there.

i thought the 2010 speed3 was in the game when it released, along with the mazdaspeed miata?

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i thought the 2010 speed3 was in the game when it released, along with the mazdaspeed miata?

They both are.

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so know we know he's a guy and probably 30 with a midlife crisis since he owns a miata..

did you just assume my gender?

5 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

did you just assume my gender?

well you posted a pic of a female, and you stated before the sex change, so isn't it obvious?

12 minutes ago, terrytek said:

well you posted a pic of a female, and you stated before the sex change, so isn't it obvious?

is it just me or are you starting to take this seriously?  

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just because someone changed their gender from female doesn't mean they're male now. @warmmilk could be mayonnaise for all we know.

I'm chipotle sauce