Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

giphy.gif

And I thought my computer was bad... :|

you like me? why? :P 

also m8 ... his cpu is better than mine xD 

so you could say that mine is quite bad as well

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

you like me? why? :P 

You have good taste xD 

Overclock that bitch

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

14 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

And I thought my computer was bad... :|

It works so I'm okay with it. I don't play anything super demanding so it's not like I have high expectations of how I want my system to perform. I mostly just web browse on it.

5 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

G3258 smokes a 2120 if you mildly overclock it.

7 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

You have good taste xD 

Overclock that bitch

wagons? yeah ... many people hate them :P

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

G3258 smokes a 2120 if you mildly overclock it.

3.9ghz is the best i could get it to be stable at

but the 2 cores 2 threads is a pain in a few newer games .... yes im looking at you GTA V and Far Cry 4

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

3.9ghz is the best i could get it to be stable at

but the 2 cores 2 threads is a pain in a few newer games .... yes im looking at you GTA V and Far Cry 4

I think my GPU usage in GTA V was around 25% lmao

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I think my GPU usage in GTA V was around 25% lmao

i think mine goes to 45% xD 

dont really have time to look at the numbers when havin fun 

Well to make you guys feel better I edited this entire video on a 11 year old laptop. Editing wasn't the issue (all I did was smash clips together) but rendering was as fast as a prius :ph34r:

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Just now, iHardware Shelden said:

Well to make you guys feel better I edited this entire video on a 11 year old laptop. Editing wasn't the issue (all I did was smash clips together) but rendering was as fast as a prius :ph34r:

Hey man, a Prius is sporty, that's why you use it on a police chase like in the commercials. :P

49 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

giphy.gif

+1 for the Supernatural GIF. Kinda ironic considering your signature ;)

Spoiler

They're both Gabriel

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

30 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

+1 for the Supernatural GIF. Kinda ironic considering your signature ;)

Hide contents

They're both Gabriel

I don't watch Supernatural, but, as far as I can tell, there are lots of gifs of it.

Well today has been shit. No internet and my isp is taking its sweet time fixing it. Add the fact that I slept for 18 hours yesterday and I've been throwing up for a lot of this day with my arsehole of a sternum hurting like a motherfucker when I'm just breathing. But at least I'm getting some time to read my books.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Well today has been shit. No internet and my isp is taking its sweet time fixing it. Add the fact that I slept for 18 hours yesterday and I've been throwing up for a lot of this day with my arsehole of a sternum hurting like a motherfucker when I'm just breathing. But at least I'm getting some time to read my books.

I remember when I had some sort of an infection on a muscle that's between ribs. Every time I did something more physical than thinking it hurt like hell.

At least I didn't have to throw up.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

i think it was a big fat mistake to upload all the photos onto google drive, because i wanted to actually sort my photos by date in folders, but now i have like 10 files left to upload. fml.

edit: i cancelled the upload and removed all files from my drive. i think i'll take the time to sort all the photos by date.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

28 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Did you give yourself a hernia? Might take advantage of state run heathcare

I've already been to the doc. I have some kind of inflammation where the ribs connect to the sternum. Will be fine after some rest according to the doc. The rest is probably just a big biological FU because some virus sensed weakness

26 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I remember when I had some sort of an infection on a muscle that's between ribs. Every time I did something more physical than thinking it hurt like hell.

At least I didn't have to throw up.

It's amazing how people take breathing for granted xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@vinyldash303 so i finally ran cinebench because it took forever to download a stupid 11mb file because of my photo uploads, but holy shit were the results disappointing. what did your netbook get again, like 260 or something? this computer can't seem to render for crap. it got a score of 225 and i was actually laughing because i knew it was gonna do bad, but i didn't think it was that bad lmao. this is another piece of evidence to show how old my pc is lmao

1704ff0518.png

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Netbook gets 11. my xeon gets 938, someone else with a Core 2 something got 245

no way. the netbook got 11?? wow, i thought it was like in the 200s or something. but considering this is a quad core processor, a score of 225 is just sorely disappointing.

3 hours ago, techswede said:

I don't really know how little sleep I've gotten but I think ti's around 3 hours for the past 52 hours of being awake. Give or take.

So tired.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

17 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I just feel bad for people spending money on me in general. If anything I would prefer a book or a cool mug. Both are relatively inexpensive and will get lots of use, I don't like the idea of not using someone else's money to its fullest extent.

same. I'm super practical with things, so I have a bad habit of returning gifts to get better/more functional items, but i feel super guilty about it... :$

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

17 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

same. I'm super practical with things, so I have a bad habit of returning gifts to get better/more functional items, but i feel super guilty about it... :$

Well, I never did that... But I sure as well would like to return some xD

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Well, I never did that... But I sure as well would like to return some xD

I'm not sure if I've ever gotten a gift I would have wanted to return now that I think about it.

30 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

The Porsche guy had some serious death wishes. Plus, look at the date. 12/25/2016 L O L

And the ending, I mean, I am all for bikers, but that wheelie was just unnecessary. He should have just pulled over... He got what he deserved. A fine and a fucked bike to repair/replace

Edited by JoaoPRSousa