Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

wow, it seems like my uploading of 1400 photos seems to slow my pc to a crawl. :/ i cannot wait till i get money to upgrade it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

anyone know where I can find Cinebench R15 scores, found a couple that are slightly overclocked and they are getting 200 more (what ever units cinebench uses). So my number does seem a bit low

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wonder if the Express will get even a little sideways without flipping... I mean the s10 will do it a little bit. Express should do it a little bit. Express will sound a lot cooler. That's for sure.

Those S10s even with an open diff will get super sideways. Just gotta believe in your skills 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

anyone know where I can find Cinebench R15 scores, found a couple that are slightly overclocked and they are getting 200 more (what ever units cinebench uses). So my number does seem a bit low

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1330

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

my poor little 2 core got 265 on cinebench xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

man, i actually wish i had beamng drive. :( that game looks so fun, especially when you get to drive shit around and crash it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

man, i actually wish i had beamng drive. :( that game looks so fun, especially when you get to drive shit around and crash it.

its quite cpu intensive as you might imagine .... so idk if you could run it 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

its quite cpu intensive as you might imagine .... so idk if you could run it 

like every other game i play on my pc, i'll run it on the lowest settings possible, with some options maybe one notch up, since they could improve appearance without performance hits. thats what i do with cities skylines, though it seems like mods are killing my gameplay.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I bought it a while ago but wasnt all that impressed with the car selection. I was too framiliar with the previous thing the dev worked on which was Rigs of Rods. I might buy it again though to come back to. 

well, from a while back to now, they've done some pretty serious updates, like new campaign modes, a garage mode, and much more cars to choose from. plus you can still always add your own. they've seriously come a long way from being a rigs of rods copycat.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wonder if the Express will get even a little sideways without flipping... I mean the s10 will do it a little bit. Express should do it a little bit. Express will sound a lot cooler. That's for sure.

Throw some sand bags on the floor and you should be fine.

17 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I bought it a while ago but wasnt all that impressed with the car selection. I was too framiliar with the previous thing the dev worked on which was Rigs of Rods. I might buy it again though to come back to. 

I think they just added a ton of new vehicles.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

do you have a link to where you can look at the cars?

umm i don't think there's a link where you can view the stock cars, but i can name a few cars right here:

gavril roamer (SUV version of the D15 pickup)

ibishu pigeon (basically a reliant robin)

ibishu pessima (80s sedan with sport, normal, and rally versions)

hirochi sbr4 (rear engined sedan with rwd and awd configs and dct and manual. has active aero)

burnside whatever it was (looked like a 1940s ford, had new models too)

gavril t15 (heavy duty semi truck, actually has a low revving diesel engine too to match)

there's this one car that i forgot the name of that actually looked like a charger, though i'm not sure if it's official or just a mod.

these are all the official stock cars that i know off the top of my head. there are many more too. and they kept all the originals, like the bolide and the d15 and the cargo van. and with every major update, there seems to be at least 1 or 2 new models for the official cars.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT YOU'RE MORE THAN HALFWAY THROUGH YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING MORE TIME THAN IT TOOK AT THE BEGINNING OF THE UPLOAD FUCK YOU

ac0e787fcf.png

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm so happy nunez kicked her ass

I still think Rousey is a fantastic fighter but that fight was an absolute joke. It's like she forgot all of her training instantly.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

well, there are holes in her fights, she doesn't know how to take a hit. Nunes is a boxer, and she hit Rousey a lot.

Yeah but I would have expected Rousey to put of a fight. Any kind of fight. Just just flailed and got knocked out.

Still have that running in the 90s song stuck in my head but it gave me an idea...

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its amazing. Smells good too.

Oh here's the right spelling and what it look like

Kuk is Norwegian for Dick BTW.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

9 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

Still have that running in the 90s song stuck in my head but it gave me an idea...

EUROBEAT IS AMAZEBALLS!

:D

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

8 minutes ago, OleST said:

EUROBEAT IS AMAZEBALLS!

:D

I'm addicted, working on something now. I'll post it in a bit :P

To much 80s Anime for one sitting o_o

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think my tires are a bit too tall in the back. I'll put the 195s on the rear and try it some day

Dirt lots are your friend, also if you can lock it in 1st or 2nd you'll be much better off

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

I'm addicted, working on something now. I'll post it in a bit :P

To much 80s Anime for one sitting o_o

I watched all of initial D in close to a week.... I know how you feel.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It rips in the dirt. Im just hoping the duramax will be able to slide on pavement without getting sketchy. I can hold the s10 in a slide from the enterance almost to the exit. Transitions are my favorite part. Hosing out the fenderwell is not fun though. :/ i think the van isnust gonna be too top heavy. 

If that shampoo has essance of dick in it, so what that shit works. 

2sec im just going to rub essence of dick in my hair.

33 minutes ago, OleST said:

I watched all of initial D in close to a week.... I know how you feel.

Then I hope you like this, i'm taking clips from various anime and rally racing and smashing it together... although most of the clips are from the 80s just ignore that :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It rips in the dirt. Im just hoping the duramax will be able to slide on pavement without getting sketchy. I can hold the s10 in a slide from the enterance almost to the exit. Transitions are my favorite part. Hosing out the fenderwell is not fun though. :/ i think the van isnust gonna be too top heavy. 

If that shampoo has essance of dick in it, so what that shit works. 

Have you thought of getting a LSD or welding the diff by chance? Just wondering 

9 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

I honestly think the ultimate favorite is a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Z-tune
Only 20 ever made.... 

Hide contents

nissan-skyline-gt-r-34-nismo-z_1.jpg 

2005-nissan-gt-r-nismo-z-tune-r34-3.jpg 

but i like anything related to the sporty wagons from europe or japan there might be some american ones i like ... but rarely (preferable older ones not current models :D )

stuff like the

Volvo V70R (or the newer V70 T6 AWD)

Saab 9-5 2.3T Aero

Audi RS6

Nissan Stagea 260RS (preferably with the R34 front end kit :P )

and similar stuff ....these are the few i can recall quickly xD 

talking about stageas ... i saw one IRL ... like last week ... was in a hurry so couldnt snap a pic :( 

it looked better irl than in pictures xD 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

i3 2120, GTX 950.

I get super bottlenecked in a bit of games by my i3, even in GTA IV.

And I thought my computer was bad... :|

"an obvious supporter of privacy"