Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

ok i think there might be another reason why i got face acne. it just might be my pillow, because it mostly contacts my forehead, nose and left and right cheeks, depending on which side i sleep on.

and where do you get that stuff? it better not be some specialty store which makes it like 8 or 9 bucks a bar or bottle, whichever form it comes in.

cycle pillows every night that you can and wash your pillow case every week. yourwelcome.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Are they fine at idle? Also that graph is really confusing me. The Y axis scale changes from left to right. 

yeah the graph is confusing. I think the left Y scale is specific for the long term and the right Y scale is for the short term. bottom is time in seconds.

idle is the first 40% of the graph. Then it was accelerating from a red light, reaching a constant speed for a very short time, then coasting and stopping (where the long term goes flat -- that's where hes idling)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah the graph is confusing. I think the left Y scale is specific for the long term and the right Y scale is for the short term. bottom is time in seconds.

idle is the first 40% of the graph. Then it was accelerating from a red light, reaching a constant speed for a very short time, then coasting and stopping (where the long term goes flat -- that's where hes idling)

I don't really deal with too many fuel trim issues on Chevys honestly, but in general it does look normal. Gonna be rich while accelerating and de-accelerating (in an auto). 

Ironically I'm kinda dealing with fuel trim issues in my car. Running -7 at idle, which isn't a huge issue yet but getting close. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

35 minutes ago, vetali said:

-snip-

Come up to washington, you can drive mine lol. I do wana drive a 2nd gen speed3 to compare as well. 

wow. The miata has those, it's called the VTCS(variable tumble control system). But the miata's flaps are super nice, the whole assembly is metal and very high quality. Mine were just fine when I had my intake manifold off...

Photo%206.jpg

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I have no idea. It just started showing up in the shower at my dads house because my buddy that lives there buys it. Its THICK too. The bottle it comes in is heavy for how much it holds. Hair feels amazing. 

And change your bedding once a week. I wash the blankets once a week and do my pillow case then too.

i dont have a sheet sadly. I washed it after i got a new bedframe and the dryer stole it. So i have a bottom blanket and a top blanket. At my dads house i have a full set if bedding thankfully. 

oh is it body wash or shampoo? because i have a separate body wash and separate shampoo and conditioner, i don't use one for both my body and hair.

and sometimes im too lazy to wash my bedding every week because of the extent of how much crap i'd have to take off my bedding (pillows, books, magazines). sometimes, i'd wash it once a month if i'm lucky. and i only have one set of sheets (it's a green lantern comforter. i need something new, that isn't gonna break the bank and is grown up looking). and kinda same with blankets, since i usually wash it with my comforter. but since my acne kinda drives me nuts, it should encourage me to wash them more frequently.

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

wow. The miata has those, it's called the VTCS system. But the miata's flaps are super nice, the whole assembly is metal and very high quality. Mine were just fine when I had my intake manifold off...

Photo%206.jpg

i remember i heard that on wikipedia, and i looked up the protege 2.0 motor, and i found out that it has the VTCS system too. neato :D but they said that at times it would be noisy. so far it hasn't been overly noisy. how would you tell anyway that these would cause increased noise?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

but anyway, @vetali I guarantee you that's what's causing the boost in power that you're feeling. Yours must open pretty early, the miata's opens at 5200 rpm when the engine is warm, it just does some weird stuff @ 3k rpm when cold because it's also used for emissions to heat up the cat faster

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its a shampoo and then we have some form of oldspice at Dads. here we have shampoo and some shit bodywash. I'm moving to Dad's house after I graduate.

ah. i just use whatever pantene shampoo i can find on sale at walmart. but maybe i should try something else. maybe that kukui oil shampoo you mentioned might be good for my hair.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Netbook finished running cinebench! It has a score of 12. 

Yeah, straight up 12.

Main PC scores 938.

That's 78 times slower xD 

wut. I used to have a laptop that scored in the 100 range and I thought that was slow...

It's probably slower than my phone....

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah its very slow. plays 360p youtube though! It'd be slightly faster if I disabled Windows 7 Aero. It will do great for what I'll be using it for. Which is taking with me when I do PC work. It will be a companion to my MacBook Pro. I'll also use it as a computer in the garage as something to look up guides on how to do something. It's light enough to where falling off of a fender onto the floor won't hurt it. My MBP would be bent beyond salvage.

linux man...

:P 

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Netbook finished running cinebench! It has a score of 12. 

Yeah, straight up 12.

Main PC scores 938.

That's 78 times slower xD 

never actually tried Cinebench. Gonna go try it now. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

16 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

never actually tried Cinebench. Gonna go try it now. 

i'm downloading it right now. for some reason, chrome downloads things at 1/8th the speed of normal. steam downloads things at like 800kb/s, but chrome is running at 100kb/s downloads. i don't understand.

@vinyldash303 got a 673. lol not sure if that is good or not 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

That seems low. How much do you have running in the background?

didn't have anything going on in the background. may restart the computer and try again 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Oh its a quad core with H/T. Wierd I didn't know core counts went that low on 2011. Sounds about right then I guess. Have you cranked the clocks up at all?

I had it overclocked but I reset it to its regular clock a while ago when I switched from an h100i to an air cooler. Once its on water (which should be this weekend or next waiting for two more parts) I am going to overclock it again. 

god damn it. why did i wait till now to put all of my family's photos on google drive

0c8f3b3b79.png

god damn it. why did i wait till now to put all of my family's photos on google drive

Because reasons. Probably not very good ones, but reasons. :P

me last night: "why am I installing all my programs, two steam games, and checking for windows updates before I put the SSD in?"

Reasons, and you hate yourself. :P

That 5400 rpm hatachi was slower than the laptop -_-

lmao, get a handful of them and RAID it together :D

Oh btw think I forgot to post this. My dad has always been the best at getting punctures for some reason lol...

repairsble but insides of 3 of his tires (we replaced one with a used one a little while ago because he got a puncture on the sidewall and couldn't repair it) were at the wear bars so we ordered 3 used tires at 7.5/32 for like $300 so he could have matching tires with all about the same wear. Then when those wear out he'll get a set of something desirable. Might be a while tho... 

image.jpeg

For now until they come in, he's rocking the ugly spare on the back right corner. Joy

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Because reasons. Probably not very good ones, but reasons. :P

and i have more pics to upload to drive, if i can find them all. i think i have more on my external hard drive and on my laptop.

and i have more pics to upload to drive, if i can find them all. i think i have more on my external hard drive and on my laptop.

Yeah it's not fun having to store things you don't want to lose. And internet is ungodly slow if you want to upload it to a personal drive.

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Oh btw think I forgot to post this. My dad has always been the best at getting punctures for some reason lol...

repairsble but insides of 3 of his tires (we replaced one with a used one a little while ago because he got a puncture on the sidewall and couldn't repair it) were at the wear bars so we ordered 3 used tires at 7.5/32 for like $300 so he could have matching tires with all about the same wear. Then when those wear out he'll get a set of something desirable. Might be a while tho... 

image.jpeg

For now until they come in, he's rocking the ugly spare on the back right corner. Joy

my dad's actually been pretty lucky with punctures. normally the head of the screw or nail just sits flush with the tire tread, so it actually doesn't lose air when it hits one. once we didn't notice a screw in the tire that hasn't been noticed for 4 months, and it actually hasn't lost air lol

19 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

@vinyldash303 got a 673. lol not sure if that is good or not 

Seems sorta low.

3ccb6eedbb.png

thats my setup. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Will never get tired of this...

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS