Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Desert life

yeah funny, considering i don't live in the fucking desert, but it feels like a fucking desert with the yearly weather.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

yeah funny, considering i don't live in the fucking desert, but it feels like a fucking desert with the yearly weather.

A lot of California is basically desert :P At least the whether will be like that a lot of the time.

ok guys this is gonna sound super duper super weird, but i think i have a wart on my dick.

i know it sounds disgusting, but i don't even know how it got there. and i know it's not a zit for sure because trying to pop it just results in intense pain, with no success. i'm worried, because maybe it could be some disease that i didn't know about? i'm just super worried it might harbor some disease, plus it looks hideous.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

ok guys this is gonna sound super duper super weird, but i think i have a wart on my dick.

i know it sounds disgusting, but i don't even know how it got there. and i know it's not a zit for sure because trying to pop it just results in intense pain, with no success. i'm worried, because maybe it could be some disease that i didn't know about? i'm just super worried it might harbor some disease, plus it looks hideous.

None of us are able to give you medical advice, consult an actual doctor.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

There's no reason to! Its not wet out. And now i have salt on my underside ;-;. I just need to avoid water for the rest of the week. 

Ruuuuusssssstt

Power washer yo :P

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its a zit. 

yeah, but popping it (or trying to pop it) yields no success and a whole lotta pain. but if it is a zit, then how the hell did it get there in the first place?

Just now, terrytek said:

yeah, but popping it (or trying to pop it) yields no success and a whole lotta pain. but if it is a zit, then how the hell did it get there in the first place?

Scratch on the skin followed by bacteria, pore getting infected. Happens like any other acne.

If you dare

10002161?id=IbHa92&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Scratch on the skin followed by bacteria, pore getting infected. Happens like any other acne.

If you dare

10002161?id=IbHa92&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain

iirc i haven't scratched it on purpose, like left scratches behind, but sometimes i will occasionally itch it. doubt that would infect it though.

and i will never take tweezers to a zit. i don't even do that with my face zits.

iirc i haven't scratched it on purpose, like left scratches behind, but sometimes i will occasionally itch it. doubt that would infect it though.

and i will never take tweezers to a zit. i don't even do that with my face zits.

Ya dun got gonorrheasiphalaids then.

Works, depends, requires lots of sanitation to clear out bacteria. Viable for some, but not all.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Sweat and a lil bit of chafing. It happens. You just have to squeeze the everloving fuck out of it and it will pop just a little bit. then it will go away the next two days or so.

um i did it hard, but i guess i just have to overcome that pain because every attempt to pop it just ends so painfully.

32 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Landlords of the strip mall salted the parking lot -.-

bastards

That poor Subie

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I hate road salt. When I go get the Duramax Express van from SoCal I will park across the street to avoid the parking lot salt. No where other than private lots have salt in them. I love me my lava rock. :D 

Undercoat it. :P Or saran wrap, whatever floats your boat.

35 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Sweat and a lil bit of chafing. It happens. You just have to squeeze the everloving fuck out of it and it will pop just a little bit. then it will go away the next two days or so.

they make tools for popping pimple/zits cleanly, sometimes if you pop them by hand they will stay there for a long time still or come back because when you pop it by hand it pushes some of the bacteria deeper into the skin. it's like a little pointy tool with a loop of metal and a hole in the middle of it. ill get a pic if I can find it. 

@terrytek

images.jpg

just make dog gone sure you wipe the thing with alcohol wipes or something before you use it, even right out of the box. I used one of these to pop a zit on my earlobe one time lol

and honestly if you can't pop it, the best thing to do will be to leave it alone. If you mess with it too much it will start to swell and you'll be making a visit to the doctor. If you leave it completely alone and just keep the area clean it should go away. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

gosh everytime i post something weird or off-topic everyone goes dead silent on here xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I've gotta re-download all of Horizon 3 because my update corrupted my game. Hopefully my game save was still good.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

gosh everytime i post something weird or off-topic everyone goes dead silent on here xD

Currently watching the Kaby Lake video from Paul's Hardware, I'm also dead tired and want to go to bed.

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I've gotta re-download all of Horizon 3 because my update corrupted my game. Hopefully my game save was still good.

Now that sucks :(

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Now that sucks :(

Granted it will take an hour to re-download over all. But still.

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Granted it will take an hour to re-download over all. But still.

That's an hour you could be playing.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's an hour you could be playing.

Yeah, GTA has been super buggy for me today too. So that's out of the question, watching a few episodes of Roadkill (Civic vs RX7) I've missed though so that makes up for it

Makes me want a rotary even more than I already did to begin with

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah, GTA has been super buggy for me today too. So that's out of the question, watching a few episodes of Roadkill I've missed though so that makes up for it

talking about GTA 

this happened to GTA IV on nov 29th and i just now found out about it xD

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235650888 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

talking about GTA 

this happened to GTA IV on nov 29th and i just now found out about it xD

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235650888 

Wait. It finally works on Windows 10? YESSSSSSS

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

meanwhile the miata is @ 4000 rpm @ 80 mph

Mines probably like 3.8k. What I don't like is @60 is that its pretty much sitting near VVT activation. So if I'm not paying attention I can start to creep up in MPH, then I notice I'm going like 15 over. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra