Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i got a question, again relating to clay barring a car. is it ok to still clay bar a car, even if it hasn't been washed and looks stupid dirty? because i got nothing to do so i was wondering if i can clay bar even when i haven't washed the van, so i can clay bar that and use my time.

clean the car super well. As best you can. then clay it. then seal/wax it. 

I also learned about a month ago that claying all the time can be bad for the paint because of it's tendency to pick up stuff and cause scratches. So clay it only when necessary.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

changed my profile pic. because Christmas is sadly over.

rsz_miata_with_pretty_background.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Christmas is never over when you have holiday spirit! :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Christmas is never over when you have holiday spirit! :P

And when you have money to buy you gifts everyday :|

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

And when you have money to buy you gifts everyday :|

I never cared too much for gifts during Christmas. :P

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can't say no to them, or can you xD 

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can't say no to them, or can you xD 

I mean, it'd be rude to deny a gift, but I'd prefer not really receiving one in the first place.

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

rsz_miata_with_pretty_background.jpg

Because of my incredible noobness.... What car is that? Nice looking tho!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

28 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i got a question, again relating to clay barring a car. is it ok to still clay bar a car, even if it hasn't been washed and looks stupid dirty? because i got nothing to do so i was wondering if i can clay bar even when i haven't washed the van, so i can clay bar that and use my time.

A clay bar is not a soap. It won't be effective if there is unnecessary contamination between it and the clear, and you'll end up burning through the clay bar faster than necessary. 

Always wash before clay bar and keep it lubricated. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

12 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Because of my incredible noobness.... What car is that? Nice looking tho!

Mazda Miata / MX-5 NB

6 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Mazda Miata / MX-5 NB

2002 special edition, #991 out of 2491

gotta make it sound more "special" than it really is ya know?? :P

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

im with you on exchanging gifts. it almost seems to cause trouble sometimes. That moment when someone gets you a nicer gift than what you gave them makes you feel terrible....

Spoiler

Or you could just buy everyone diecasts, because who doesn't love diecasts!?

TBH I am pleasantly surprised with this, despite being readily available for purchase at Walmart.

DSC01799_1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

34 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Mazda Miata / MX-5 NB

Cool! Miata's have always looked good to me...

2 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Cool! Miata's have always looked good to me...

go buy one then :P

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

go buy one then :P

When you can't afford an rx 480, should you really be thinking about cars? Especially sports cars?......:(

1 hour ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

This is just because I am curious. What is your favorite car? I am followed to the thread, so I will see it. Thanks!

I will start. '65 Mustang.

I honestly think the ultimate favorite is a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Z-tune
Only 20 ever made.... 

Spoiler

nissan-skyline-gt-r-34-nismo-z_1.jpg 

2005-nissan-gt-r-nismo-z-tune-r34-3.jpg 

but i like anything related to the sporty wagons from europe or japan there might be some american ones i like ... but rarely (preferable older ones not current models :D )

stuff like the

Volvo V70R (or the newer V70 T6 AWD)

Saab 9-5 2.3T Aero

Audi RS6

Nissan Stagea 260RS (preferably with the R34 front end kit :P )

and similar stuff ....these are the few i can recall quickly xD 

talking about stageas ... i saw one IRL ... like last week ... was in a hurry so couldnt snap a pic :( 

it looked better irl than in pictures xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

im with you on exchanging gifts. it almost seems to cause trouble sometimes. That moment when someone gets you a nicer gift than what you gave them makes you feel terrible....

I just feel bad for people spending money on me in general. If anything I would prefer a book or a cool mug. Both are relatively inexpensive and will get lots of use, I don't like the idea of not using someone else's money to its fullest extent.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

clean the car super well. As best you can. then clay it. then seal/wax it. 

I also learned about a month ago that claying all the time can be bad for the paint because of it's tendency to pick up stuff and cause scratches. So clay it only when necessary.

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

A clay bar is not a soap. It won't be effective if there is unnecessary contamination between it and the clear, and you'll end up burning through the clay bar faster than necessary. 

Always wash before clay bar and keep it lubricated. 

thanks guys, letting me know about that. i was asking because it's pouring outside, and i just wanted to claybar the van just so i can make use of my time. maybe i could've just let it sit outside of the rain and soap it down, then dry it and claybar it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

thanks guys, letting me know about that. i was asking because it's pouring outside, and i just wanted to claybar the van just so i can make use of my time. maybe i could've just let it sit outside of the rain and soap it down, then dry it and claybar it.

That doesn't work as well as you'd think. Personal experience. ;)

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That doesn't work as well as you'd think. Personal experience. ;)

yeah i thought the same thing. but it seems like i can't wash saturday, since it's pouring rain that day, plus that's the only day i can water without being violated (sigh, california, why u gotta do this to us?)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

yeah i thought the same thing. but it seems like i can't wash saturday, since it's pouring rain that day, plus that's the only day i can water without being violated (sigh, california, why u gotta do this to us?)

Desert life