Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

49 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I had tinnitus really bad once, it was keeping me up at night even with a fan blowing in my room. I tried a lot of things like popping my ears, wearing ear plugs, ear drops...just nothing helped. I was at my wits end! I called the Tinnitus help-line but it just kept ringing....

I shouldn’t laugh at this, good god 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I had tinnitus really bad once, it was keeping me up at night even with a fan blowing in my room. I tried a lot of things like popping my ears, wearing ear plugs, ear drops...just nothing helped. I was at my wits end! I called the Tinnitus help-line but it just kept ringing....

hahahahaha

:C

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

4x4 swap when

I've honestly been looking for a square body to build with my grandfather while I still have a chance to

9 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Wow! that thing is nice

Family ordered it in 97 and it's been indoor stored since, never seen salt. Dunno why no one else in the Midwest can keep a vehicle in one piece 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

22 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I've honestly been looking for a square body to build with my grandfather while I still have a chance to

Please do asap! And post pictures of course.

22 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Family ordered it in 97 and it's been indoor stored since, never seen salt. Dunno why no one else in the Midwest can keep a vehicle in one piece 

Because wahhhh can't wash in the winter or my fingers will freeeeeeezeeeeeee

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Please do asap! And post pictures of course.

Because wahhhh can't wash in the winter or my fingers will freeeeeeezeeeeeee

Gonna do most of my serious hunting for a squarebody in the spring, we've got a new 60x80 building were breaking ground on in March/April, but I have been keeping my eyes open currently just to see what the market on them is looking like

But hell, even take it through an auto wash, I don't even care if it's a touch wash. A car can be repainted, can't be rebuilt fully

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

On 8/27/2022 at 11:07 PM, jagdtigger said:

Not really, stupid """environmentalists""" totally killed racing for me......

Most respectable tracks already have noise restrictions that have been around for years, if not decades.

And thank fuck for that. Even on my own old race cars, I hated the endless drone.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

Like a vegan that secretly eats meat

Attention turbo charged Honda people. This is my first turbo car, and while AFR looks good, I still want to see what this vacuum port is connected to. 

image.png.e3977f8bf88cee48100563287151b92a.png

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

On 8/29/2022 at 4:43 PM, Fast_N_Curious said:

Like a vegan that secretly eats meat

Attention turbo charged Honda people. This is my first turbo car, and while AFR looks good, I still want to see what this vacuum port is connected to. 

image.png.e3977f8bf88cee48100563287151b92a.png

That actually might be a coolant line, I remember my Corolla had coolant running to the throttle body (I think mainly for the idle air valve?) and I never understood why except that it’s maybe a warm up thing? Idk. I don’t think they put a temp sensor in the throttle bodies themselves. 

i do know it’s not that critical though. Car can work fine without It 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Looking like my dad will replace his 2014 A6 with 123k miles (he’s owned it since 26k! Lol) with a 2021 A8 L certified pre owned with 8K miles (it’s only the 3.0L, but with a buncha options) 

anything I should know before he buys that? Seems they are too new to really have issues but doesn’t seem like there’s much that goes wrong with them.

idk how I feel about the new 3.0L. Seems more boring but that won’t really matter in this car, since it’s the “I want to be separated from the plebeians” model.image.thumb.jpeg.158aa2a69832f524641929095c43d6f5.jpeg

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

I hope he gets the wheel n tire warranty.

right? Lol. HIs current A6 has 20's and it's the same problem. He's gone through a few tires. I still don't understand why that's OK

But they do look nice lol

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

right? Lol. HIs current A6 has 20's and it's the same problem. He's gone through a few tires. I still don't understand why that's OK

But they do look nice lol

To me an inch less wheel and an inch more tire would look loads better, ride better, be more durable, and for that kind of car handle just the same. Looks borderline like a donk with wheels that big.

17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Looking like my dad will replace his 2014 A6 with 123k miles (he’s owned it since 26k! Lol) with a 2021 A8 L certified pre owned with 8K miles (it’s only the 3.0L, but with a buncha options) 

anything I should know before he buys that? Seems they are too new to really have issues but doesn’t seem like there’s much that goes wrong with them.

idk how I feel about the new 3.0L. Seems more boring but that won’t really matter in this car, since it’s the “I want to be separated from the plebeians” model.image.thumb.jpeg.158aa2a69832f524641929095c43d6f5.jpeg

two of my brothers work at an independent VW repair shop, but they haven't seen a lot of them this new. Good idea to unload the A6 about now. 100-125k is when all sorts of unhappy happens on those jetta/golf/a4/a6s.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

33 minutes ago, IPD said:

Phenomenally

Overpriced

Rear engine

Sports

Car

for

High-dollar

Elitists

I tried coming up with one for Infiniti but that was pretty hard lol

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I tried coming up with one for Infiniti but that was pretty hard lol

I used to know the one for Mitsubishi...

On 8/30/2022 at 11:23 PM, bcredeur97 said:

That actually might be a coolant line, I remember my Corolla had coolant running to the throttle body (I think mainly for the idle air valve?) and I never understood why except that it’s maybe a warm up thing? Idk. I don’t think they put a temp sensor in the throttle bodies themselves. 

i do know it’s not that critical though. Car can work fine without It 

Yup now that you mention it, you might be on to something. Thats probably what it is. 

I think the reason coolant is run through the throttle body is to keep it from freezing in an open position, which could be hazardous to ones health.

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

I can't repeat the Pontiac one I've heard, it's pretty bad.

Poor

Old

Nutjob

Thinks

Its

A

Cadillac

?

Mostly

In

The

Shop

Undergoing

Big

Investments,

Sometimes

Halfway

Incomplete

It

Never

Found

Its

Niche,

It's

Truly

Inconsequential

or

If

Nissan

Fake-badged

Its

Nicest,

Idiots

Think they're

Inspirational

1 hour ago, vetali said:

ieyh0r6f2ew01.thumb.jpg.258434c97296ba028bb97072da18fbdd.jpg

What about this one?

sounds like we finally stumbled upon your make of car....