My Review on Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Tournament edition

Wassup Y'all, haven't been here in a while, for my birthday i recently got the Blackwidow Chroma V2 TE, and i'd like to do a review about it

I got the Razer green cuz i like the tactile and clickiness of it, i don't regret it, its nice, however, if you wanna buy it cuz you want something tactile and clicky, but dont want the cherry mx blue, outemu, whatever, don't, they are all the same,

you get 3 choices of switches, i wont list the specs, just what they feel like and their cherry identical twin is,

Razer green - tactile and clicky, cherry mx blue exact copy

Razer orange - Silent and tactile, cherry mx brown

Razer yellow - silent and non tactile, cherry mx speed basically

Their keycaps are simple, non gamery, which i very much like,

they feature this VERY, VERY comfy wrist rest that i cannot use without, it hides the RGB Razer logo and is attached magnetically

it features full RGB, meaning 16.8 million color and per key RGB configuration, and you can install people made programs for the keyboard, some are fun, like the snake and whack-a-mole which while isn't gonna cure your boredom, hell, its a cool thing to have, there are useful apps, which wont elevate your life completely, are cool, like a clock, say, its 9:30, your F9 key will glow, aswell as 3 and 0, all a different color, there are apps that light up your keyboard in a specific way when you receive a notification from maybe, discord or outlook, one more app thats cool but imo isnt 100% working is the audio visualizer app, where if you play music, it shows the sound on the keyboard, nah it doesn't work, at least for me, what i do like about razer is that games are compatible with RGB, say, you're playing overwatch, to use your ultimate, you need to press the button 'Q', only when the ultimate fills up, using Razer's technology, in game when your ultimate is ready, the button 'Q' lights up, neat,huh? There are macros assignable to every key, and even a dedicated macro button, F9, however, in the normal Blackwidow V2, you get 5 macros for at the side. It also features a detachable cable that's long, for traveling purposes, the cable is braided. So, that's a plus, yo!

PROS

- full key RGB

- you can program your own Razer software and use it for yourself and even put it online on the Razer site for people to download

- game compatible RGB

- very comfortable wrist rest 

- detachable cable that is braided

- very nice software

- nice game mode that disables window key

CONS

- feet that you pull up to make the keyboard in a particular angle is not rubberized, a cheap ass Lenovo keyboard in my school has that (however, it doesn't matter, as the wrist rest has rubber feet, and so does the keyboard)

- worst part about the keyboard is NO DEDICATED MEDIA KEYS, TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, YOU HAVE TO USE THE FN KEYS, NOT VERY NICE FOR THE PRICE IM PAYING (160$)

- The keycaps are not levitated, like the K70, which makes it harder to remove, thus, harder to replace key caps and cleaning

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All in all, if you have the money to spare, go buy it, its not bad :)

but if you are tight on a budget OH GOD PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT THIS KEYBOARD IS NOT WORTH 160$ (how much i paid)

where i live, the corsair k70, or strafe rgb costs around 200$ where in amazon its anywhere from  $100-$150

soo, yeah, listen, dude, i aint stoppin you, you want it? Go buy it, i...just wouldnt recommend it to you, but i'll tell ya one thing, the wrist rest, atleast for me, is IRRESISTIBLE, its leather, not plastic

7.5/10 go buy a corsair keyboard unless you are in Kuwait, like me, where prices for some things are stupidly expensive, then buy a razer keyboard

20180301_213839.jpg

20180301_213846.jpg

Burned once on Razer and never again. I wouldn't buy another Razer product even if it was way cheaper than others. 

Since then Logitech all the way, haven't been disappointed yet. MIght sound like fanboy talk, but that bitternes got me some sense and decent peripherals.

I spent less than $100 on my materkeys pro L. I would never spend that much money on a numpad-less model.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

On 3/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, Yoola said:

Burned once on Razer and never again. I wouldn't buy another Razer product even if it was way cheaper than others. 

Since then Logitech all the way, haven't been disappointed yet. MIght sound like fanboy talk, but that bitternes got me some sense and decent peripherals.

Tbh i dont like the romer g switches, its the same as a membrane imo

On 3/1/2018 at 1:21 PM, knightslugger said:

I spent less than $100 on my materkeys pro L. I would never spend that much money on a numpad-less model.

Hell, all i need is per key rgb