GTX 1050 Ti artifacting?

I got this card in March of 2017 and it worked fine until this February, when I powered the system on for the first time in 2 weeks (it had just updated) and I started experiencing some very extreme constant discoloration of the screen (artifacting?).

Following this, I rebooted the system twice and still the same problem. I removed the graphics card from the motherboard and the computer worked fine on the integrated graphics.

I tried reinstalling the card and still had the same problem.

Also, I installed another 8gb of ram (2x4gb) last year 

I got this card in March of 2017 and it worked fine until this February, when I powered the system on for the first time in 2 weeks (it had just updated) and I started experiencing some very extreme constant discoloration of the screen (artifacting?).

Following this, I rebooted the system twice and still the same problem. I removed the graphics card from the motherboard and the computer worked fine on the integrated graphics.

I tried reinstalling the card and still had the same problem.

Also, I installed another 8gb of ram (2x4gb) last year before I installed the EVGA GTX 1050 Ti. What’s weird is that the system is still allocating almost 4 gigabytes of RAM to the integrated graphics. Not sure what I can do about that.

Specs:

AMD A8 6500 Processor

MSI MS-7778 JasmineR

16GB RAM (8 came with it and I bought 2x4GB from bestbuy)

2Terabyte HD

EVGA 450BT Bronze PSU (from Amazon)

I was also thinking there might have been something wrong with the PCIe slot since the PC was a prebuilt purchased in 2014.

B8E97215-8936-427D-9F9F-3AC7FA3FC80A.jpeg

58BC6CD7-39B3-4436-AC9A-E8AD69CB953F.jpeg

Is the card overclocked? If so, take down the OC.

Try resetting your CMOS, too. It shouldn't be allocating half your RAM to the iGPU.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Is the card overclocked? If so, take down the OC.

Try resetting your CMOS, too. It shouldn't be allocating half your RAM to the iGPU.

I had the GPU overclocked at a point but I reset it back to stock about 2 months before it started this. Would underclocking it below stock about 50-100MHz help at all?

Well... I don't see any artifacting...

My advice is to  go easier on the drugs.

But on a serious note, aisle9 is correct take off the OC and maybe reinstall the drivers if you can. It might even be the cable you use to connect your monitor.

Have you tried installing a different driver version? If so (and it doesn't fix it), you might be out of luck

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Windows just had an update and it looks like it fixed it. Thanks!

Another good thing to do to ensure that the issue would be the GPU is to disable the on board graphics, reinstall drivers for the GPU, and try different cables. Good to hear that it looks like the issue has been fixed! I have the same card, and have since January (bout a year now) and have not seen this issue. Hope I don't lol

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus