Ryzen 5 1600 motherboard

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find a motherboard for a ryzen 5 1600, but some reviews are scaring me. On every motherboard I found online, there's people saying they could never get further than the POST because the firmware of the motherboard is too old. Since I don't have any other processors, I was wondering if there's a motherboard that will work for sure with a ryzen 5 1600.

Thanks and have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, synajo said:

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find a motherboard for a ryzen 5 1600, but some reviews are scaring me. On every motherboard I found online, there's people saying they could never get further than the POST because the firmware of the motherboard is too old. Since I don't have any other processors, I was wondering if there's a motherboard that will work for sure with a ryzen 5 1600.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Any AM4 motherboard will work, you just have to update the UEFI/BIOS. Just out of curiosity, where are you finding these reviews?

I'm waiting for Asus ROG B350-F to arrive tomorrow. I already have R5 1600 and 16GB Corsair 3000Mhz RAM waiting for a motherboard. I will update you when I put it together and see how it works.

But from my research of B350 boards, MSI Tomahawk and Tomahawk Arctic have the least amount of problems with RAM comparability. (Which is the main reason peopole can't get Ryzen system to post)

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

5 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

Any AM4 motherboard will work, you just have to update the UEFI/BIOS. Just out of curiosity, where are you finding these reviews?

Thanks for your anwser.

Here's two exemples:

chrome_2018-03-01_11-11-37.png

chrome_2018-03-01_11-11-54.png

4 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I'm waiting for Asus ROG B350-F to arrive tomorrow. I already have R5 1600 and 16GB Corsair 3000Mhz RAM waiting for a motherboard. I will update you when I put it together and see how it works.

But from my research of B350 boards, MSI Tomahawk and Tomahawk Arctic have the least amount of problems with RAM comparability. (Which is the main reason peopole can't get Ryzen system to post)

Thanks a lot, i'll be waiting for your answer :).

7 hours ago, synajo said:

Thanks for your anwser.

Here's two exemples:

Ah, those people who decided to build a PC and can't take 10 minutes to update the bios.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

if you are ordering from amazon, then you can just contact the seller to update the bios/uefi firmware. Generally they won't take extra money for that but the maximum amount they will ask for is $5

7 minutes ago, synajo said:

Thanks for your anwser.

Here's two exemples:

I've got to agree with @PopsicleHustler, this is just examples of people who didn't want to be bothered to update the UEFI/BIOS. There was probably never anything wrong with the board or the CPUs.

a friend of mine bought the MSI B350 PC Mate, it is quite beauty and has all mayor features. Dirt cheap too.

I heard that B350 Tomahawks from MSI are quite decent. The had the least issues from what I know. 

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, synajo said:

Thanks a lot, i'll be waiting for your answer :).

Sorry for not answering this long. Due to snowfall  in Ireland, my motherboard only arrived today. I installed everything and it works like a dream. RAM had to be switched from Auto to D.O.C.P. in order to run at full 3000Mhz. Everything else runs normal. I will do some CPU overclocking after I run it at stock for a week or two and get a better cooler.

Also, I couldn't install Windows 7 on it due to some stupid compatibility issues with modern chipsets. So you better have Win 10 at ready. I had to buy one, make bootable Flash Drive and install Win 10 from it. But my Win 10 upgrade was long overdue, so I'm happy that something finally pushed me to do this upgrade.

20180305_174717.jpg