any good 17" gaming laptop backups?

Pachuca

hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. I'm trying to get a high quality backpack that can contain my monstrous 17" alien that weighs about 22.5lbs. Does anyone have something they could recommend for me? I need something durable and can carry extra books because I'll be riding my bicycle to school with this on my back. It's about a 2mile ride for me.

I found this so far and it looks good, but it's crazy expensive

15 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. I'm trying to get a high quality backpack that can contain my monstrous 17" alien that weighs about 22.5lbs. Does anyone have something they could recommend for me? I need something durable and can carry extra books because I'll be riding my bicycle to school with this on my back. It's about a 2mile ride for me.

I found this so far and it looks good, but it's crazy expensive

You should buy something that expensive. Or at the very least, consider it. Something that expensive will last. When I wanted to buy a backpack for motorcycle riding, I figured I could get buy with a $20 backpack. I don't ride all that much (maybe like 1000-1500 miles per year), but the backpack started wearing out within a year. It lost its shape, the rubberized coating on it flaked off. It also wasn't very comfortable to wear. So I got myself something else. It was more expensive at like $70, but I can already tell it's designed to be much sturdier and it can comfortably fit up against my body rather than hang off my shoulders.

And no, riding a motorcycle really had nothing to do with it. I've had backpacks throughout college that been through a lot but were still in much better shape than the $20 by the time I replaced them. Enough so that I donated the old ones, but the $20 one was the only one I threw away outright.

Also that brand is good (it's the company that makes the real Swiss Army Knife), but I'm also confusing them with SwissGear (which is also good) . If you need other brands to look at, I recommend Samsonite and Thule. I currently use a Thule backpack (it's too small for what you're looking for though), though my motorcycle backpack is an Under Armor one since I need something with a voluminous pocket. Another brand I used to buy was Targus, but they're like midrange.

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You should buy something that expensive. Or at the very least, consider it. Something that expensive will last. When I wanted to buy a backpack for motorcycle riding, I figured I could get buy with a $20 backpack. I don't ride all that much (maybe like 1000-1500 miles per year), but the backpack started wearing out within a year. It lost its shape, the rubberized coating on it flaked off. It also wasn't very comfortable to wear. So I got myself something else. It was more expensive at like $70, but I can already tell it's designed to be much sturdier and it can comfortably fit up against my body rather than hang off my shoulders.

And no, riding a motorcycle really had nothing to do with it. I've had backpacks throughout college that been through a lot but were still in much better shape than the $20 by the time I replaced them. Enough so that I donated the old ones, but the $20 one was the only one I threw away outright.

Also that brand is good (it's the company that makes the real Swiss Army Knife), but I'm also confusing them with SwissGear (which is also good) . If you need other brands to look at, I recommend Samsonite and Thule. I currently use a Thule backpack (it's too small for what you're looking for though), though my motorcycle backpack is an Under Armor one since I need something with a voluminous pocket. Another brand I used to buy was Targus, but they're like midrange.

thank you, very informative and helpful. 

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

can I get your input on this it's not one of the brands you mentioned so I'm not sure about buying it. My laptop dimensions are 16.14inch x 11.96inch x 1.77inch and I'm not sure it would fit into the swissgear pack, otherwise, I would jump on it. 

Best laptop backpack for large desktop replacements is the Everki titan.

The Everki trolley is also just as good, but it's not a backpack.

33 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

can I get your input on this it's not one of the brands you mentioned so I'm not sure about buying it. My laptop dimensions are 16.14inch x 11.96inch x 1.77inch and I'm not sure it would fit into the swissgear pack, otherwise, I would jump on it. 

That looks good at a glance. I'd check out the reviews on that their other products to see if it holds up.