Best 120mm Fans (Temperature and Noise)

Omnifizix

Hi, so I am looking for some 120mm fans for my S340 Elite build, but I don't know which fans will provide me amazing temperatures and at least decent noise. 

Any suggestions? Also, 1 more question.

I'm trying to do a black and white build. There are Noctua fans that are black / brown (brown being the corners), so would the Phanteks Halos Lux frame cover up the brown? 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Omnifizix said:

Hi, so I am looking for some 120mm fans for my S340 Elite build, but I don't know which fans will provide me amazing temperatures and at least decent noise. 

Any suggestions? Also, 1 more question.

I'm trying to do a black and white build. There are Noctua fans that are black / brown (brown being the corners), so would the Phanteks Halos Lux frame cover up the brown? 

Thanks!

Noctua has their Chromax series if you want a black version of their fans. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Noctua has their Chromax series if you want a black version of their fans. 

Yes, but do they cool well and are they loud?

silent wings 3 120mm. really quiet and good air flow

CPU: i7 4790k 

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 1080

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PSU: 1000W EVGA 1000G 80+ GOLD

Case: Dark Base 700

Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler + Standard Case Fans

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow RGB 2013

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

Speakers: Creative T15 Bluetooth Speakers

Microphone: Samson Meteor Mic

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 75Hz + ASUS VS247 + Shitty Generic 1080p 60Hz TV

LED Controller: NZXT HUE+

4 minutes ago, Omnifizix said:

Yes, but do they cool well and are they loud?

They are regarded as some of the best fans out there, it's the same design as the NF-F12 just in black. 

Here's a google sheet with a ton of fans: PC Fans. All of Them

However, keep in mind that this is info reported by the company - they can sell their item as being better than it actually is.

I'd personally recommend Noctua, BeQuiet! and NoiseBlocker. They've all got pretty good fans.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

The Black/Brown fans you're referring to are iPPC's and are a bit louder than the regular noctuas. They're not really worth getting if you don't need the extra robust build. The rubber corners are removable/replaceable. Depending on where the fans are being placed, the Halos Lux might cover them up. Noctua also has the Chromax line which is the same as their regular fans but in black.

Where are you shopping/located and what are your specs? Budget?

Where are you using the fans and why are you looking for 120mm's? The rear fan mount in the S340 is 120mm but the other mounting areas support 140mm's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.