Quit gaming

Sn1p3z

Plz help me quit gaming. I have had enough plus it is a waste of time. Tell me if I should (With a reason) or not (With a way how to quit)

If you've had enough and feel like it's a waste of time, taking a break from gaming shouldn't be too hard.  You shouldn't need any help with it, just don't play.  It's that easy.

Maybe you'll want to get back to it later.  If not, then so be it.  Do keep your gaming hardware, it'll be expensive to buy new stuff if you later decide that you want to game again. 

Uninstall your games and Steam/Origin/Uplay etc.  That way you'll have some time to think things over, and you can't just fire up a game within seconds of thinking about gaming. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

If you've had enough and feel like it's a waste of time, taking a break from gaming shouldn't be too hard.  You shouldn't need any help with it, just don't play.  It's that easy.

Maybe you'll want to get back to it later.  If not, then so be it.  Do keep your gaming hardware, it'll be expensive to buy new stuff if you later decide that you want to game again. 

Uninstall your games and Steam/Origin/Uplay etc.  That way you'll have some time to think things over, and you can't just fire up a game within seconds of thinking about gaming. 

Not so easy when there is a thing called addiction.

Y O U R  T R A P P E D  F A M 

Nah its not that hard, Get a job xD 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

8 hours ago, silentprototipe said:

Y O U R  T R A P P E D  F A M 

Nah its not that hard, Get a job xD 

I ain't old enough, Plus that would just make it worse because I would have money and nothing to spend on so I will go back to games.

8 hours ago, Sn1p3z said:

I ain't old enough, Plus that would just make it worse because I would have money and nothing to spend on so I will go back to games.

Common ive been working for 2 years already. Ive focused everything to my grades and work to the point I rarely get time to play. Keep yourself busy 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

I played a lot in my past but I finally quit it forever at the start of February. I only played LoL at this point but I wasn't happy because I didn't make much fun. That is why I was toxic and got permabanned. I wasn't angry about the ban at all. The first thing that came to my mind was that I am finally done wasting my life with this game and games altogether. 

I have now way more time and I am happier. I am not looking back, but I rather regret not quitting earlier.

5 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Ive focused everything to my grades and work to the point I rarely get time to play. Keep yourself busy 

Excellent attitude sir! I wish I had done the same. I made many mistakes, which I regret now but I got a new chance. I am kinda old for a student but I began to study computer science last year. My goal just like you to focus everything on my grads to achieve my goals. :)

Keep it up, man!

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Excellent attitude sir! I wish I had done the same. I made many mistakes, which I regret now but I got a new chance. I am kinda old for a student but I began to study computer science last year. My goal just like you to focus everything on my grads to achieve my goals. :)

Keep it up, man!

Thanks :D. I just wanted to make better use of my time instead of being depressed all day so now I make $20 an hour and barely work 20 hours every 2 weeks with B average grades. Still aint giving up either. Just kind of gave up games in the process xD 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Just now, silentprototipe said:

Thanks :D. I just wanted to make better use of my time instead of being depressed all day so now I make $20 an hour and barely work 20 hours every 2 weeks with B average grades. Still aint giving up either. Just kind of gave up games in the process xD 

I get B average and I game until about 3 in the morning.... 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Gaming isn't exactly an addition.   Sure, you might do it over and over because you're bored yet it's not the same traits as being addicted to a substance.

I can't stop playing for like an hour and if I am then I am sleeping or looking at games. :/

3 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

I get B average and I game until about 3 in the morning.... 

I have 8 classes, I have B's in 5 of them and 3 A's. I make about $350 a month. I think I can say I make the most out of my time at 14 xD 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

1 minute ago, silentprototipe said:

I have 8 classes, I have B's in 5 of them and 3 A's. I make about $350 a month. I think I can say I make the most out of my time at 14 xD 

It's not that I can't be bothered getting a job it's the fact that I can't find one

2 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

It's not that I can't be bothered getting a job it's the fact that I can't find one

Thought the same thing, Turns out having connections help alot xD 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

14 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

I can't stop playing for like an hour and if I am then I am sleeping or looking at games. :/

Start committing big time time to a sport like badminton, go and seek out new friends who play that sport you chose, play it as much as you can. You'll meet new people, wont play games as much if at all, will improve your social skills, mental and physical health, might get a girlfriend.

I know all this is hard when you're so used to sticking in front of your computer all day, you really have to make huge efforts to quit your comfort zone but trust me, in the end it pays out so much, plus you won't have to deal with all the regrets of wasting your childhood on stupid computer games.

A sport you like with the right people can be way way more enjoyable than videogames. You only have to force yourself out of this habit and get in the right state of mind to reach out to people and seek to do something else.

2 minutes ago, Howitz said:

Start committing big time time to a sport like badminton, go and seek out new friends who play that sport you chose, play it as much as you can. You'll meet new people, wont play games as much if at all, will improve your social skills, mental and physical health, might get a girlfriend.

I know all this is hard when you're so used to sticking in front of your computer all day, you really have to make huge efforts to quit your comfort zone but trust me, in the end it pays out so much, plus you won't have to deal with all the regrets of wasting your childhood on stupid computer games.

A sport you like with the right people can be way way more enjoyable than videogames. You only have to force yourself out of this habit and get in the right state of mind to reach out to people and seek to do something else.

1. I have no friends except for the 2 at school. 2. Sport sucks. 3. None of my friends play sports because they are "gamer's"

3 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

1. I have no friends except for the 2 at school. 2. Sport sucks. 3. None of my friends play sports because they are "gamer's"

1.Make new friends

2.No, you just suck at sports (practice you lazy ass)

3.MAKE NEW FRIENDS

I'll be quite frank here....

get off your ****in *** and get outside, get a hobby. Better yet find something else that interests you or that you can be passionate about, any sporting events, even if you dont do them or join a league, things like mountain biking/bmx, roller bladeing, boarding, working with electrical components (get an arduino kit or Pi if your more into techie things) Learn to fix small engines (lawnmowers, etc), wood working skills. Try to do something productive with time but yet fun for you. Its ok to game, but if you are seriously spending that much time gaming, and gaming until 3am you need a swift kick in the ***. Find a balance and limit your hours.

Get a job that takes up your free time, then when you're not working do responsible adult things like clean the house, cook dinner, walk the dog (if you have one), pay the bills, go grocery shopping. I've found it's a good way to not have time for games.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

3 hours ago, Sn1p3z said:

I get where you are coming from but someone could have a good reason for me to continue. Idk :P

No u, plant vegetables 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

No, you're not addicted. How productive is your life at 13 that you're worried about games "wasting your time"? It's not like school asks a ton of time at the age of 13. If you genuinely want to quit, it's easy. If you actually think it's hard to quit, it just means you enjoy games and don't really want to quit.

Is there a reason for the addiction? Have anything bad happened in your life that you want to escape from?

7 hours ago, Sn1p3z said:

See, exactly the wrong state of mind. Alright stay alone in your basement getting fat and slowly deteriorating your future and your health.

I was specifically talking about forcing yourself to reach out and try new things/meet new people, how can you say sport sucks when there are billions of people out there playing and enjoying different sports? I guess all people are stupid too, no but most of them are?. It's all about your state of mind buddy, you are stuck in this negative, lazy state of mind by the fault of your habits and your comfort bubble. You need to force yourself out of it, it will suck at first, it may feel awkward, make you anxious. But in the end it will make you grow as a person.

You have internet and gaming addiction? Well, you sound just like me. My solution, find something else you enjoy to occupy your time with, something that is more productive and healthier than gaming. Sports? Reading? Or perhaps maybe just hanging out with friends? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Delete your games and sell your graphics card on ebay

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones