Nexus Tablets Thread

Raidorz

So let's consolidate the discussion on Nexus tablets here! Be it the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10!

Only recently got me a nexus 7. I am extremely happy with it apart from the odd creak of plastic or random restart.

I am very pleased with the screen quality and the battery life which lasts well over a day of heavy usage.

9/10 from me guys :-)

I love my Nexus 7 except for one problem I have the internet randomly disconnects on it it seems to be just the tablet because my iPhone and computer still work.

I love my Nexus 7 except for one problem I have the internet randomly disconnects on it it seems to be just the tablet because my iPhone and computer still work.

Did you turn on the option to always keep your Wifi on while the tablet is in Sleep Mode? You can find it by going to Wifi, then choose the 3 dot option on the top right hand corner and go to Advanced :)

I'm planning on getting a Nexus 7 soon, rather excited to get into android for the first time. From what I've seen the device looks incredibly impressive though, especially in terms of value. Definitely would be messing around with custom ROMs and such too, seems like there's an immense amount of options regarding customization.

I love my Nexus 7! It's an amazing tablet for the price.

I did run into the problem with the left side of the glass lifting up from the plastic, but I managed to fix it following a guide on XDA forums.

Just bought a Nexus 7 off of a friend. Should arrive here tomorrow. I'm unfamiliar with android and am looking forward to learning all about it.

Loving my Nexus 7. Only complaint is the lack of expandable memory. :(

Problem with expandable storage (from a business perspective at least, it's actually quite harmful to consumers) is that they love to base each variation on a model on the amount of storage allowing them to slap on another 脗拢60+ for 16gb of storage space. I really wish companies would stop doing this but really what's there to stop them?

Loving my Nexus 7. Only complaint is the lack of expandable memory. :(

Easily solved with a USB OTG cable and usb flash drive :)

I had a wifi issue with my nexus 7 where it would not connect to a DHCP connection so now every time i reconnect to my home network i need to enter a static IP. But other than that i am very impressed.

If you have random restarts, try restarting your tablet once every day. I used to get it sometimes, but I think it's because it's been on for too long and needs a restart.

Really loving my Nexus 7 and it just keeps getting better with every new version of Paranoid Android

For those who don't know Paranoid Android is an ASOP based rom for many devices including the Nexus 7 that allows you to change the DPI and layout mode for individual apps as well as some cherry picked features from Cyanogen mod.

I love my Nexus 7. I've had it since August 2012 and only have had one minor issue. The connection to my wireless router isn't always as strong as it should be. My 4th gen Ipod touch can go anywhere in the house and keep full signal strength where my tablet will drop to 3/5 bars in certain locations. Other than that I've been very satisfied with it. Great price as well.

really happy with my nexus 7 its fast not to big for my hands and i cant wait for the dock to come out

Just ordered my Nexus 7 and I can't wait for it to arrive, it'll be my first time using Jellybean and definitely the most powerful Android device I've owned.

I decided to get the 32GB version, mainly because I couldn't wait for the 16GB to come back in stock and I probably will need the extra storage space eventually.

So for me, I have the 16GB version, got it sometime last year in August I think. Loving it. Unlocked and rooted. I was on Cyanogenmod at first but now I'm back to stock. Really incredible tablet for it's price. Fits nicely in the hands and amazing screen. Same for my people, my issue is with the partial screen lift on the left side and the intermittent creaky noises that come from the screen. For me, 16GB is enough. If I put shows or movies on it, I'll delete them right after watching.

Bought my 32GB Nexus 7 about 2 or 3 days ago. One of my best purchases so far. But I would love to be able to use it as a phone when I am at home. There is no Google Voice in Norway so I cannot find a lot of ways to solve my problem. Does anybody know some way to use it as a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth phone? I always carry my Samsung Galaxy S3 in my pockets if that helps.

same here just got myself a Nexus 7 32gb a couple of days ago, by far money well spent. :D

So for me' date=' I have the 16GB version, got it sometime last year in August I think. Loving it. Unlocked and rooted. I was on Cyanogenmod at first but now I'm back to stock. Really incredible tablet for it's price. Fits nicely in the hands and amazing screen. Same for my people, my issue is with the partial screen lift on the left side and the intermittent creaky noises that come from the screen. For me, 16GB is enough. If I put shows or movies on it, I'll delete them right after watching.[/quote']

I red somewhere that if you have screen lift there is some screws missing under the cover. If your not affraid off voiding you warranty you can open up your tablet and order the missing screws from www.asusparts.eu.

So let's consolidate the discussion on Nexus tablets here! Be it the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10!

Hey, would it be okay to consider the motorola xoom (wifi) a kinda nexus device seeing as it was the first android tablet that was a dev device?