Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!!!Damage!!!

WIndows 10 constant errors on boot up

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i bought a PC off my friend recently. its this exact model right here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759916.p?skuId=5759916

He bought it just last November new out of the box so its only about 4 months old.

My problem is that it seems to crash nearly every other time i boot it up.

I get one of two messages, its either.

" :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart you."

or

"Automatic Repair! Your pc did not start correctly" and then i have to choose to use a restore point or something.

Then when it finally restarts i find that pretty much everything i recently install is gone and stuff that i deleted is returned. this has happened about 3 times in the last day or so.

it mainly happens when i restart the pc, its slightly less likely to happen if i just shut it down but i don't see why that makes a difference. And with it being a pc, im going to have to restart the pc at some point.

Basically i just want to stop this from happening. I'm tired of having to keep reinstalling things on this nearly 1 grand PC. Windows 7 didn't give me this much of a headache thats for sure.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Windows 10 isn't very helpful for troubleshooting. Have you tried re-installing Windows? It seems to be restoring anyway to an earlier point. 

at one point we did and its still having this issue.

i just restarted the pc now and it keeps taking me to automatic repair again.