Glasswire 2.0 update disabling bloackage of apps for free users

zentrobi

hi, this might be an odd place to write about this, but my replies and posts about this has been deleted on Glasswires own forum by thier mods.

so not loong ago Glasswire came out with thier 2.0 upgrade , wich changed alot of stuff, but mainly my problem is what they changed for free users, in glasswire 1 free users could block of apps, but in glasswire 2 free users dont have the ability, it did not state it anywhere in thier update log that this would happen, if it did i would have considered buying later on when ive foundt the money for a pro version. 

so i wrote about this on glasswires forum and how i think it looked scummy to free users, like they wanted to scrabe in money from the free users who has been relying on this. but since thier mods wont let me put this out there then ill just leave it here instead, i mean its pretty bad looking from a company that makes a firewall and a company we are supose to trust.

6 hours ago, zentrobi said:

SNIP

Yes, they did remove the ability for free users to use the firewall feature stating in V2.0. However, this is NOT a firewall app as you state. It is in all purpose a bandwidth monitoring app first and with an added firewall. 

As a business, they have the right to everything and could entirely disable the software if they so wished for free users at anytime because you haven't paid for it. 

Keep in mind that you have agreed to this when installing the software as written in the Terms of Service. 

GlassWire may change from a free service to a pay service at any time and vice versa, and may change its pricing structure at any time in any way. GlassWire may discontinue its service at any time for any reason. GlassWire may charge for any support. GlassWire may limit software features or access to certain parts of the GlassWire website with no warning or notice and with no liability. GlassWire may stop service either temporarily or finally any time for any reason with no warning or notice and with no liability.

https://www.glasswire.com/license/

2 hours ago, MimigaKing said:

Yes, they did remove the ability for free users to use the firewall feature stating in V2.0. However, this is NOT a firewall app as you state. It is in all purpose a bandwidth monitoring app first and with an added firewall. 

As a business, they have the right to everything and could entirely disable the software if they so wished for free users at anytime because you haven't paid for it. 

Keep in mind that you have agreed to this when installing the software as written in the Terms of Service. 

You know, this way of thinking is really starting to tick me off, and it seems like it's getting more and more common.

People are so focused on whether or not something is legal that they don't stop and think if it's morally right to do.

Yes, they most certainly have the legal right to disable features in updates if they want, but users also have the legal right to get mad at them for doing so.

What I'm trying to say is that "well it's legal" is not an excuse for shitty behavior and it most certainly does not shield them from any and all criticism.

Also, GlassWire's own description of the program is that it's "a modern personal firewall and network monitoring tool". Hell, the first thing you see when you go to their page is this:

Capture.PNG.e9434f7f9830077794a8d37bd1cd8231.PNG

To say that it's not a firewall is just ridiculous when it's the first word they themselves to to describe it.

It's pretty misleading if you can no longer use the features they highlighted just above the "free download" button.

4 hours ago, MimigaKing said:

my point is that they sillence my complaint about it. if they had not sillenced my complaint and had come with a resonable explanation, then i had proberbly bought thier new 2.0 pro version. but since they want todo it this way, then ill rather block programs myself manualy and throw the word out there about thier behavior.

speaking of behavior, then it should be a concern for both free and paid users that Glasswire wants to put something small as that under the carpet, what else dont they wanna tell the public?