The billionth GPU/RAM complaining topic

JoeCoke

I never usually make topics, just replies and status updates but I just want to vent.

I'm just so sad with had bad PC gaming is right now. No one can afford a GPU and RAM prices are still crazy. If RAM prices were normal, imagine how much more amazing the 2200g could be. And the memory shortage also affected SSD prices, before that happened, you could damn near get a 250gb SSD for 50$, I was so excited to see SSDs becoming more affordable, it looked like storage progress was finally being made. Though it looks like we're finally coming back to sanity with SSD prices (I see a SP 240gb for 60 bucks), but sadly, RAM is still outrageous. I bought my second Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 stick brand spanking new for 32$. Right now it's like 80 bucks. That's pathetic. Back then you'd get 16GB for 64 bucks, now it's over that to get HALF. HALF!!!!! Don't even get me started on GPUs. Oh my GOD. Even eBay retards think they can get 60$ for their 560ti. I paid that for a 660ti over a year ago. I paid 25$ for a 560ti a year ago. A year ago you could score a GTX 970 for a little over 100$, now they're back to the price they were when they fucking came out. So even the used market is dead, wanna buy a new GPU? Well, unless you're going low end, GOOD LUCK! If you can even find one, you'll be paying double or even triple what it's worth.

What really saddens me is the potential that's lost. When Ryzen came, CPUs got dirt cheap. Anyone remember the days of paying almost 400$ for a quad core or 900$ for a 8 core? So imagine if GPU and RAM prices were proper right now. It'd be an amazing time to be a PC builder.

PC gaming is just bad right now. I can't even recommend it to some people right now, just buy your 300$ console and be happy. And it PAINS me to say that! Not to mention I'm just waiting around for things to get sane so I can build my damn R71700/GTX1070 machine I've wanted for a year now. Looks like I'll build it as a 3700/2070 machine in a million years. I mean, I have the money to build my machine right now, my funds aren't the problem, I just absolutely refuse to over pay that much. I won't do it!

Sorry if you've seen this topic posted a million times, again, I just felt like complaining. What brought this on was an hour of digging on ebay for a GPU deal of any kind. They don't exist.

Screenshot_16.png.17250a15b9c89f99ddcae59778b6a6c8.png

Well, I'll just look on craigsli-

craigslistsucks.png.22c544e5d751e5dd060c2fc52b8c79cd.png

....God damn it.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

ive been pretty tempted to sell my ram and 1080 GTX for +$200 on top of what I paid and go console only for a while and jump on again when prices settle

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

i would sell my 760 if i had a GPU that could output to 4k .. sell it for $150 when I paid $200 for it, 4 years ago xD 

also my ram, for like $150, and survive on 6GB and linux 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Dang, your listings are pretty bad.

In my area, I usually see a few GTX 970s and 980s going for ~150-200 USD, and I saw a Titan Xp(2016) going for 750. In my honest opinion if you're buying used cards for gaming, Kepler is the way to go.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

ive been pretty tempted to sell my ram and 1080 GTX for +$200 on top of what I paid and go console only for a while and jump on again when prices settle

Yeah lmao, imagine people who bought a RX 480/580 for MSRP when it came out, and imagine selling it now for over 500$. Whoever did that must be pretty happy.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Not all of this is purely the result of new hardware prices.  There are plenty of people selling their used goods who grossly over value the items and set the price high.  But either the items will not sell at those prices and the seller will have to come down to clear the goods or they will somehow FIND a seller at the high price and then that was the right price to set it off.

Just don't buy it and watch the prices fall. You can't mine on a 660Ti so prices should be a lot lower tbh. 

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Not all of this is purely the result of new hardware prices.  There are plenty of people selling their used goods who grossly over value the items and set the price high.  But either the items will not sell at those prices and the seller will have to come down to clear the goods or they will somehow FIND a seller at the high price and then that was the right price to set it off.

5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just don't buy it and watch the prices fall. You can't mine on a 660Ti so prices should be a lot lower tbh. 

Well I've been watching 660ti and 970 prices on and off for months now and have yet to see them come down.

And yeah you can't mine on a 660ti, which is why I'm so pissed at what people have the nerve to charge. And these cards are selling by the way, because people are dumb enough to buy.

Computers have been bad in general for a long time. 

The used market is so brain dead that it is not uncommon to see broken GPUs for $100+, dead mobos for $75+, and older GPUs costing more than newer ones. 

You see listings that are so old and yet you would thing the seller might figure out why but they never do. 

And don't even get me started on getting shipped what was in the listing.......

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, 2Buck said:

which is why I'm so pissed at what people have the nerve to charge. And these cards are selling btw.

If people are willing to buy at those prices then that's the right price.  If I'm selling a worn out pair of running shoes for for $500 and someone ACTUALLY want's to buy them for that price, why should I sell them to you for $5 instead?

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Computers have been bad in general for a long time. 

The used market is so brain dead that it is not uncommon to see broken GPUs for $100+, dead mobos for $75+, and older GPUs costing more than newer ones. 

You see listings that are so old and yet you would thing the seller might figure out why but they never do. 

And don't even get me started on getting shipped what was in the listing.......

But back in 2016 the used market was amazing. I got some gtx 460s for 20$ a pop, a 560ti for 28$ and a 660ti for 60ish.

2 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Well I've been watching 660ti and 970 prices on and off for months now and have yet to see them come down.

And yeah you can't mine on a 660ti, which is why I'm so pissed at what people have the nerve to charge. And these cards are selling by the way, because people are dumb enough to buy.

Its certainly a waiting game with the secondhand market and always has been. Its more prominent in smaller markets. 

I'm pretty fortunate in the UK as prices on RAM second hand is super, super cheap and very available it seems. I use sites/stores like CeX, Ebay UK and gumtree/preloved and the prices are fine. https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=DDR3&section=  https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X660ti.TRS0&_nkw=660ti&_sacat=0 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

If people are willing to buy at those prices then that's the right price.  If I'm selling a worn out pair of running shoes for for $500 and someone ACTUALLY want's to buy them for that price, why should I sell them to you for $5 instead?

Except it's not the right price. They're old dinosaur GPUs that you could get for 30-40% the price over a year ago. Problem is, it's just human nature to take advantage of shitty things. If I had a GPU I was selling I'd sell for the rip off price too if it'd sell. I don't know who to blame, but it doesn't make me any less pissed. This has been going on for a year now and I'm tired of it, it's getting really old now.

The used market is still pretty strong if you know where to look, my system only cost 300$

I was a console player, when the PS4 came out I NEEDED a PS plus membership, means I HAD to pay for online. I wanted to play online but paying wasn't fair, considering the advantage the PS3 had when the 360 came out (PS3 was free online the 360 wasn't). I saw PC something I ignored for a year and a half. I got a laptop as a starter, I played many games. Many of them played at 640x480 with 30-60fps and the other many played 720p 24-40 fps. I built my computer at a good time(?) With the wrong PC parts which to this day I regret. But a week ago I ordered 4 parts, Ryzen 1300x, motherboard,8GB and a 2TB HDD. The HDD turned out to be motherfricking (Gotta keep it friendly :D) DOA. So, the 1300X is my first quad core CPU you can say. It really saddens me to see the even the used market go to Scheiße (Again :D) because of these cryptocurrency companies. Because I don't blame a single person using 2 or 3 GPUs, I blame entire ROOMS dedicated to cryptomining. I found a deal on a GPU a year ago on a 7850  for 64 dollars, never used for mining only gaming and I bought it. Still no regrets, the second most powerful thing in my rig. I had the money for either a PS4 slim or an upgrade. Guess what, I decided to hold still and stay on PC...

I lasted like 30 minutes writing this because am in the market...

Don't blame plz.

35 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

"Everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay for it."

Sad, but true. Can't wait to see the bubble burst though, then the prices will come crashing down. Maybe. Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Get a console maybe? 

Uhhhhh, I already have a decent rig. And I have consoles. That doesn't make this situation any less shitty.

1 minute ago, 2Buck said:

Uhhhhh, I already have a decent rig. And I have consoles. That doesn't make this situation any less shitty.

Then why you complaining? You should rejoice because you can now sell your pc  parts at a huge profit.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

Then why you complaining? You should rejoice because you can now sell your pc  parts at a huge profit.

Is that a serious question? Oh, I should be happy that I can't afford a 1070. My 770 and 8320 aren't even worth that much, and I'd much rather hang on to them, because, y'know, I'd like to have a PC..

7 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Is that a serious question? Oh, I should be happy that I can't afford a 1070. My 770 and 8320 aren't even worth that much, and I'd much rather hang on to them, because, y'know, I'd like to have a PC..

Oh, you want to upgrade? Well, you can also rejoice because Xbox one x is the the console for you. Sell your old pc and old console. Xbox one will power all your gaming needs at 4K and at a reasonable price.

Edit: oh, you want pc. Well, get one  of those intel G CPU’s when their retail version hit the shelf. You can completely bypasssed the descrete gpu that way.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 minutes ago, wasab said:

Oh, you want to upgrade? Well, you can also rejoice because Xbox one x is the the console for you. Sell your old pc and old console. Xbox one will power all your gaming needs at 4K and at a reasonable price.

All my gaming needs? I kinda doubt that...

Just now, 2Buck said:

Well.....your rig is kind of weak (that FX8320 can't have settings lowered low enough in GTA V to see a GPU bottleneck). Sell the FX8320+motherboard when you know you could at least afford an i7+mobo from the second to 5th generation (since you could keep your RAM).

At any rate if you know or know some one who knows their way around the second hand market its easy to build a machine that is far better value than a console.  Because on top of having to pay a subscription to access the multiplayer side of a game on the internet connection you already pay for (something that really pisses my friends off after having owned the PS1, 2 Orig and late PS3 and having to pay for online play with the PS4), the games are insanely priced.  As in games that cost near or more than $100 AUD (without DLC) are common with the PS4 and Xbone.

Just now, wasab said:

"4K"

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL