Windows 10 Redstone 4 will prevent your PC from sleeping to allow Windows Update to finish

Master Disaster
3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

They are not on my PC, and you just don't realize it.

That's how you set it up. I set it up differently.

Then you're the only person in the entire world whose Windows 10 hasn't forced Candy Crush, lucky you I guess.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Playing devils advocate here but I had this issue with Windows 8.1, turned out to be an obscure wake on mouse setting inside Windows, once I disabled that it went away.

Since i disabled all USB device's wake-up function in device manager i doubt it was my mice(plus i tried what if i switch it off(its cordless).

I don't understand.. this news is about your PC waking up to update windows, not M$ forcing update down your throat. 

If you don't want to update you can simply disable window update and don't give a fuck about this.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, Mail me to the Moon said:

If you don't mind us asking how did you set it up differently? It'd be useful for the images I deploy. I usually rely on ltsb if I want a hassle free experience.

turning off app suggestions in personal settings -> start, for example.

Just now, jagdtigger said:

I didnt have a choice on the install screen's about preinstalled junkware(and as of today still no switch to not install any UWP junk or recommended app), but if you want to prove it post a video on youtube about how you ""set it up"".... :dry:

I don't entirely recall what was installed back in 2014, and regardless initial setup is different from regular updates.

I can't post a youtube video of how the system has been running for 3½ years without games being added. That should be obvious.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Then you're the only person in the entire world whose Windows 10 hasn't forced Candy Crush, lucky you I guess.

If I'm literally the only person who disables a thing they do not want, then that just shows literally everyone else deserves the blame for what they're getting.

But then you're almost certainly wrong about that extreme claim.

4 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

I didnt have a choice on the install screen's about preinstalled junkware(and as of today still no switch to not install any UWP junk or recommended app), but if you want to prove it post a video on youtube about how you ""set it up"".... :dry:

That is a bit ridiculous, considering it was 3years ago man.

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

I don't entirely recall what was installed back in 2014, and regardless initial setup is different from regular updates.

I can't post a youtube video of how the system has been running for 3½ years without games being added. That should be obvious.

I'll look into that next time I run windows 10. Thanks mate

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

If I'm literally the only person who disables a thing they do not want, then that just shows literally everyone else deserves the blame for what they're getting.

But then you're almost certainly wrong about that extreme claim.

Except that it's demonstrably correct

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windows+10+force+candy+crush&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=s0ORWqLJKY3VXsOXsIAN

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Sakkura said:

So you have no proof but still want to convince the forum that you are the only one who done it right and didnt get any crapware installed? 9_9 The only obvious thing here is that you are in fact telling a blatant lie.

Just now, jagdtigger said:

So you have no proof but still want to convince the forum that you are the only one who done it right and didnt get any crapware installed? 9_9 The only obvious thing here is that you are in fact telling a blatant lie.

You are the one without any evidence.

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

i do this. when i walk away from my pc, it goes to sleep after about 2 minutes. this is perfect because when it does, my 3 displays and audio system turn off with it. 

your pc is still idling until it actually installs the update. We're not talking about fans blasting while your processor is reaching near-meltdown temperatures.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

That doesn't demonstrate that it gets added by Windows Update regardless of settings.

I didn't say it did, I said it gets forced during Windows setup and that your PC can be forced to restart because MS decided to push an update to UWP apps over Windows updates.

In other words my computer could be forced to restart to update an application I was forced to install.

Why is this Tech News?

We have a thread for Windows Insider Builds, you can talk about here, it is even pined.

• "Known issues" are NOT what to be expected from the official release of the OS. Why is this even mentioned?
  • Features are not final until the the update is released

Thread does not even meet posting guidelines of the Tech News Section:

• Title does not match the content and focus of the thread.

- Thread locked -