Questions About LTX 2018? AMA.

CPotter

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:19 AM, Bradles59 said:

@CPotter How long with the tour of LTT be for the VIP's? I know details might still need to be worked out.

Also will there is merch like posters / shirts / etc available to purchase at the event?

The dinner will most likely be something catered to our office, so the tour will be at least a few hours long. Definitely TBD for exact timing though. :) 

8 hours ago, CPotter said:

The dinner will most likely be something catered to our office, so the tour will be at least a few hours long. Definitely TBD for exact timing though. :) 

I'm tempted to volunteer to cater it. I was a cook and chef for 27 years.

Question: Do the shirts/pins/lanyards get mailed out or are they picked up in person? I probably missed this, so apologies in advance.

12 hours ago, Rune said:

Question: Do the shirts/pins/lanyards get mailed out or are they picked up in person? I probably missed this, so apologies in advance.

No worries! Picked up in person.

@CPotter I know this may be a weird question and probably pointless, but are you guys looking for volunteers to help? I would really like to help you guys and watching LTX2017 on youtube made me really want to be at LTX2018. Not to mention the moving vlogs and Channel Super Fun stuff.  I've been a fan of the channel FOREVER. If so, please let me know so I can take time off from work!

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, Neverforgettimomspaghetti said:

@CPotter I know this may be a weird question and probably pointless, but are you guys looking for volunteers to help? I would really like to help you guys and watching LTX2017 on youtube made me really want to be at LTX2018. Not to mention the moving vlogs and Channel Super Fun stuff.  I've been a fan of the channel FOREVER. If so, please let me know so I can take time off from work!

Hey! That's not a weird question at all. We won't have any volunteers for the event unfortunately, instead we'll be hiring a few people to help man different booths so we can get away and spend more time actually hanging out with attendees.

@CPotter Ah, that's cool. Thanks for the update!

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 2/25/2018 at 7:03 AM, JDE said:

tbh Vancouver is really boring except for like... hiking? You can do that up in the North shore. If your that type of guy you could also go urban exploring, or shop at memory express which is basically a huge warehouse full of computer parts in Richmond BC, 10 minute walk from LTX.

Hotels: I've had good experience with Sandman, Coast. Executive, Hilton, Ramada and Marriott are close to the venue. I'm a local so I don't really go to hotels here :P

Noted ;)

More of an observation than a question but I'll put it into a question format. :D Will you have an info booth setup for those who are late?

I underestimated border crossing times last year and when I showed up late I had no idea what was going on or even about the tickets for giveaways. Not complaining at all...100% my fault but stuff happens so maybe a booth would help.

Looking forward to it this year! (And coming a few days early so no excuses for me this time!)

1 minute ago, Neowankenobi said:

More of an observation than a question but I'll put it into a question format. :D Will you have an info booth setup for those who are late?

I underestimated border crossing times last year and when I showed up late I had no idea what was going on or even about the tickets for giveaways. Not complaining at all...100% my fault but stuff happens so maybe a booth would help.

Looking forward to it this year! (And coming a few days early so no excuses for me this time!)

Hey!

We're going to have as much information being pushed out through the website (In Advance; booth lists, layout map, schedules, etc) and through social (Spur of the moment giveaway, competitions, etc.). :) 

@CPotter Im going to be able to come this year. Are you doing a delidding station like last time?

1 hour ago, BringBackTron said:

@CPotter Im going to be able to come this year. Are you doing a delidding station like last time?

We're figuring out the booth details now, should have a first draft of the list within the next two weeks or so. For now I'll say "most likely yes".

2 hours ago, CPotter said:

We're figuring out the booth details now, should have a first draft of the list within the next two weeks or so. For now I'll say "most likely yes".

Awesome thank you! I look forward to it

On 05/03/2018 at 5:30 AM, Windspeed36 said:

Noted ;)

You can go and fly in a floatplane. Was only in Van for a couple of days (Road trip from Vegas), but that was pretty good fun.

If you're in the general area for a little while, then below is some stuff in the US just down the coast, that I did on my last road trip there.

Seattle isnt too far away, and is quite a good city with some stuff to do too. Space needle etc.

http://www.undergroundtour.com/ <--- Did this in Seattle, is really quite interesting

Also a few (3-4ish) hrs away (South) from Seattle you have https://www.evergreenmuseum.org/ which is pretty nice if you're in to aviation and space and stuff like that. It has the Spruce Goose, an SR-71 and a fair amount of other stuff too.

https://omsi.edu/submarine <--- Went here on the way down to evergreen, from Seattle. The sub tour was pretty good, and the guy giving us the tour was awesome (he used to serve on that submarine).

On the way down or up, you can drive up the coast and go through Astoria and see some of the places from the Goonies.

@CPotterMy friend isn't sure if he can go because it's 4 months from now,

he don't want to buy a ticket yet...

can he get a refund if he buy a ticket and he can't attend?

Otherwise when do you expect it to be sold out?

It's July 14th, 10am - 6pm PST at the Richmond Oval in Richmond, BC, Canada. I think you can bring more components or w.e if you'd like to get something signed.

Hmmmmmmm July July July

Peak fishing season

I havent planned nuffin yet

LTX will be fun for a couple hours. A nice cross sectional population of Linus fans.

@CPotter

Are you ever going to host LTX in the States to allow for some of us who don't have the funds for long distance/international airfare to attend?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

8 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

@CPotter

Are you ever going to host LTX in the States to allow for some of us who don't have the funds for long distance/international airfare to attend?

code for - cant cross the border easily or legally xD

One big LTX in Vegas!

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

code for - cant cross the border easily or legally xD

Not technically, I could pretty much leg it and get into Canada. Not immigration, so it should be legal right....?

Either way, air fare for me all the way out to Vancouver is pretty dang expensive.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not technically, I could pretty much leg it and get into Canada. Not immigration, so it should be legal right....?

Either way, air fare for me all the way out to Vancouver is pretty dang expensive.

Bush wacking or jump the guard rail, either one works.

Airfare is quite expensive. Greyhound is cheap but takes forever!

Will door tickets cost me the same number of Canadian Rupees as ordering online? Or are door tickets not even a thing at LTX2018?

15 hours ago, Gallium said:

Will door tickets cost me the same number of Canadian Rupees as ordering online? Or are door tickets not even a thing at LTX2018?

Door tickets won't be a thing, but tickets will be available up to 12 hours before the event officially starts.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:15 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

@CPotter

Not LTX, at least for now. We are toying with ideas for other mobile meet-up type events, which would be in different countries.

Will Linus sign my laptop if I find him? lol. But really. Is there a limit on what can be signed?

My PC:

Macbook Pro 13", 2017 w/ Touchbar

Specs:

CPU: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

@CPotter Have you guys figured out partner hotels in the area? It'd be great to get a group/preferred rate thing going.