Questions About LTX 2018? AMA.

CPotter

We're still pretty early in the planning stages overall but I should be able to answer most peoples questions about LTX. :D 

@CPotter 

Do you have any interactive events planned for the people that cannot attend? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@CPotter 

Do you have any interactive events planned for the people that cannot attend? 

Yes, we possibly have some in-game events in mind, as well as contests, competitions, and giveaways for those who can't attend.

1 minute ago, CPotter said:

Yes, we possibly have some in-game events in mind, as well as contests, competitions, and giveaways for those who can't attend.

Thanks for the rapid answer

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

is Linus going to drop things?

lol

nah my real question is when is it going down and is there any important information that we may need to know? (e.g things we can't bring due to rules and regulations in Canada)

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

2 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

is Linus going to drop things?

lol

nah my real question is when is it going down and is there any important information that we may need to know? (e.g things we can't bring due to rules and regulations in Canada)

He probably will lol.

It's July 14th, 10am - 6pm PST at the Richmond Oval in Richmond, BC, Canada. I think you can bring more components or w.e if you'd like to get something signed.

16 minutes ago, CPotter said:

That's amazing, really wanted to attend but unfortunately I can't.. Really stoked now anyway :)

I know they're already sold out but just out of curiousity, how big is the VIP group actually?

Also, if there's enough interest, will you guys ever consider hosting a Europe LTX in the future?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

7 minutes ago, Jeroen45 said:

That's amazing, really wanted to attend but unfortunately I can't.. Really stoked now anyway :)

I know they're already sold out but just out of curiousity, how big is the VIP group actually?

Also, if there's enough interest, will you guys ever consider hosting a Europe LTX in the future?

Its 20 people in total, but we're expanding it from last year to make it a better experience overall. Last year was a little janky.

We probably wouldn't do an "LTX Europe" but I think a small, more mobile meet-up event could be cool.

2 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Its 20 people in total, but we're expanding it from last year to make it a better experience overall. Last year was a little janky.

We probably wouldn't do an "LTX Europe" but I think a small, more mobile meet-up event could be cool.

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the answers, maybe I'll ever meet you guys then, maybe in Europe or maybe in Vancouver if LTX and/or LTX VIP is still a thing a few years later : )

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

@CPotter Can the Delidded start a food fight :P It could be used as a channel super fun video ;)

The tickets are apparently already sold out for them, which is no surprise :D

22 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

(e.g things we can't bring due to rules and regulations in Canada)

This should help

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/travelling-to-canada

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/entering-canada

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

@CPotter Can the Delidded start a food fight :P It could be used as a channel super fun video ;)

The tickets are apparently already sold out for them, which is no surprise :D

This should help

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/travelling-to-canada

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/entering-canada

Lol that would be hilarious.

I'll come with my Cessna

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

Will the whole event be live streamed on twitch/ YouTube or possibly even floatplane for the people that can't attend?

7 minutes ago, MaxPilot said:

Will the whole event be live streamed on twitch/ YouTube or possibly even floatplane for the people that can't attend?

We're still talking about this. There will definitely be content coming out of the event we're not sure what exactly. :) 

Will door prize entries be more structured and regulated? As in, they will be handed out for a longer period of time, and only handed out upon entering for the first time and not given out as bonuses to attendees as per last year?

1 minute ago, Mysticode said:

Will door prize entries be more structured and regulated? As in, they will be handed out longer, and only handed out upon entering for the first time and not given out as bonuses to attendees as per last year?

Yes. We're still figuring out specifics but yes. One goal is to have more prizes at the individual booth levels as well.

Are there new standees for the new staff, and will the old ones be refurbed (as in, whiteout put on Taran's glasses)?

3 minutes ago, Mysticode said:

Are there new standees for the new staff, and will the old ones be refurbed (as in, whiteout put on Taran's glasses)?

Haha they might be refurbished, we'll be doing a few different things in this area pertaining to images.

4 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

No guns (obvs)

if you have a criminal record they won't let you in

no weapons at all

don't use ATMs here if you don't have a canadian bank account

don't ride taxis, they are EXTRAORDINARILY expensive

take the train

take the bus

walk to places

get a compass card (for taking bus, train with discount rates, $6 deposit, you can get it all back when you leave if you want) 

enjoy how walkable the area is

go to downtown, walk the seawall (extremely beautiful)

don't go to downtown east side unless you want to buy drugs see the people there

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

14 minutes ago, JDE said:

-snip-

that pretty much describes every city in the world...

although i feel that it's more tuned towards London...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

6 hours ago, JDE said:

No guns (obvs)

if you have a criminal record they won't let you in

no weapons at all

don't use ATMs here if you don't have a canadian bank account

don't ride taxis, they are EXTRAORDINARILY expensive

take the train

take the bus

walk to places

get a compass card (for taking bus, train with discount rates, $6 deposit, you can get it all back when you leave if you want) 

enjoy how walkable the area is

go to downtown, walk the seawall (extremely beautiful)

don't go to downtown east side unless you want to buy drugs see the people there

Really Helpful. I'm coming from Australia for the full delided experience. In your opinion what should I do / see while in Vancouver? Putting together a list of ideas.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

@CPotter How long with the tour of LTT be for the VIP's? I know details might still need to be worked out.

Also will there is merch like posters / shirts / etc available to purchase at the event?

Aussie Aussie Aussie

10 hours ago, Bradles59 said:

Really Helpful. I'm coming from Australia for the full delided experience. In your opinion what should I do / see while in Vancouver? Putting together a list of ideas.

tbh Vancouver is really boring except for like... hiking? You can do that up in the North shore. If your that type of guy you could also go urban exploring, or shop at memory express which is basically a huge warehouse full of computer parts in Richmond BC, 10 minute walk from LTX.

Hotels: I've had good experience with Sandman, Coast. Executive, Hilton, Ramada and Marriott are close to the venue. I'm a local so I don't really go to hotels here :P

If you tell me where you are staying, I could tell you what would probably be the best way there.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.