Zotac has the worst customer support so far.

DrBonesMcCoy
14 hours ago, dizmo said:

So, the problem is your fans keep spinning? Surely you can just use the card as is until the market settles itself, or you can afford something else. I can see where Zotac is coming from, as others have pointed out. If they usually handle warranty through the vendor, that's just how you're going to have to do it. It's not that they're doing a bad job; it's that you're not following the system they have set up.

Hopefully it works out, but since there is a shortage of supply, you might very well have to wait. Nothing anyone can really do about that.

What? That makes no sense. If they don't have stock of any cards, then how are they going to fulfill his request? If they're unable to give him anything, he would simply have to wait until they can.

That's usually what happens when a company can't give you the top tier card you bought; they give you the current top tier card.

It doesn't really work that way. You can't just bill a company for lost wages. Not only that, Zotac could very easily take the stance that the product he purchased was for gaming, not professional work, and thus his warranty is void.

Comparing the US to the EU makes absolutely no sense. In the US everyone sues for everything.

These card might be marketed for gaming, but there is no fine print saying you can't use it for work. There is only one company with limits on their warranty and that is shitty pny that says they will not warranty cards use for mining which is mostly an unenforceable clause. They can ask how it was used, but you are in no way obligated to answer.

4 hours ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

Well Amazon have no founders editions left as I said before, so the only option from them is a full refund. Gonna have to call ZOTAC monday

like they said before in the EU is with the seller that you have to ask for responsibility. Zotac will only deal with you of they want to. You also have by EU law 30 days for the seller to fix the issue, either a new card, that fixed or a refund.

Your best bet not to get a refund, that is probably a lot less than what a card is worth today, is to be extremely polite (as they do not have to do it) to Amazon and Zotac and ask if either can get you on a waiting list for a new card.

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

like they said before in the EU is with the seller that you have to ask for responsibility. Zotac will only deal with you of they want to. You also have by EU law 30 days for the seller to fix the issue, either a new card, that fixed or a refund.

Your best bet not to get a refund, that is probably a lot less than what a card is worth today, is to be extremely polite (as they do not have to do it) to Amazon and Zotac and ask if either can get you on a waiting list for a new card.

I already messaged Amazon, They told me that due to there being no information on when or if the card that I have will be back in stock that they can only do the refund, which I won't take. They suggested I contact ZOTAC when able (Monday is when the call center is open) To see if they can do anything.

The Darkened Phantom(With some light shining through)

CPU: I7-8700K @4.9Ghz 1.313 V Core

COOLER: Corsair H115i

GPU: 1070 Founders Edition @Stock settings

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

PSU: Corsair RM 850X

CASE: Enthoo Pro M Special Edition

STORAGE: 1X 128GB SSD, 1X120GB SSD, 1 X 500GB NVME PCIE SSD and 1X 2TB HDD

1 hour ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

I already messaged Amazon, They told me that due to there being no information on when or if the card that I have will be back in stock that they can only do the refund, which I won't take. They suggested I contact ZOTAC when able (Monday is when the call center is open) To see if they can do anything.

Do they have any other GTX 1070's in stock? FE or otherwise? If so, ask them for a "comparable replacement", and suggest any of the in-stock cards.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I haven't followed this thread in a long time, but something keeps nagging at me.......... how can a fan spin for 10 hours with no power? I declare shennanigans

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

On 2/23/2018 at 11:48 PM, dizmo said:

What? That makes no sense. If they don't have stock of any cards, then how are they going to fulfill his request? If they're unable to give him anything, he would simply have to wait until they can.

i didn't read anything in the OG post from the op saying they ran out ALL cards, so that's probably why it didn't make sense to you i guess. 

in that situation they should contact him and let him know what his options are. 

we have warranties/customer service departments for a reason.

7 hours ago, Psittac said:

I haven't followed this thread in a long time, but something keeps nagging at me.......... how can a fan spin for 10 hours with no power? I declare shennanigans

Declare it all you want. I'll get a camera to record it over night and when I am in college if you want. The fan will not stop spinning once the system has been powered down/ unplugged from available power.

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

There is nothing wrong with your GPU. I think I can find out why and how this is happening.

TechyBen Foo away! Google Foo away! [Connects to a billion webpages and throws out a solution!]

You have a powered HDMI splitter/extender and/or your Monitor is feeding back 5v over the cable, powering just the fans on the GPU. To prove/confirm this, Disconnect the HDMI cable/power/monitor. Then power down, disconnect from the plug, and see if PC still runs.

If the PC still runs, give it to NASA, and they can power the world off it.

3 hours ago, TechyBen said:

There is nothing wrong with your GPU. I think I can find out why and how this is happening.

TechyBen Foo away! Google Foo away! [Connects to a billion webpages and throws out a solution!]

You have a powered HDMI splitter/extender and/or your Monitor is feeding back 5v over the cable, powering just the fans on the GPU. To prove/confirm this, Disconnect the HDMI cable/power/monitor. Then power down, disconnect from the plug, and see if PC still runs.

Yeah I kinda just figured this out too. Damn HDMI splitters...

I have spent the best part of two weeks trying to find this out .__.

You have a powered HDMI splitter/extender and/or your Monitor is feeding back 5v over the cable, powering just the fans on the GPU. To prove/confirm this. Disconnect the HDMI cable/power/monitor. Then power down, disconnect from the plug, and see if PC still runs.

I suppose some adaptor cables, careful splicing, and a diode would prevent this...? 

Just now, TechyBen said:

I suppose some adaptor cables, careful splicing, and a diode would prevent this...? 

Probably. Just annoying how I have only just found this out. I unplugged it just before I came back to this post lol

First rule of electronics is, it's not magic.

Second rule is don't let the magic smoke out.

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

First rule of electronics is, it's not magic.

Second rule is don't let the magic smoke out.

Is it bad my Electronics teacher told me its not magic? xD

16 hours ago, PanteaDropper said:

i didn't read anything in the OG post from the op saying they ran out ALL cards, so that's probably why it didn't make sense to you i guess. 

in that situation they should contact him and let him know what his options are. 

we have warranties/customer service departments for a reason.

Sure, and they'd probably do that, after he's followed the system they have set up for his country.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Let me introduce you to Gigabyte customer support.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 2/23/2018 at 8:57 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, but the 980ti is around a 1070 in performance, so you got an upgrade over a sidegrade.

He didn't buy a GTX 970 / 980 though he bought the 980 Ti, top tier GPU with a high price, regardless how performance compare he bought a 80 Ti and being under warranty I do not think they could downgrade all the way to a 70, even if the performance gap is there this is not how business practices goes, there's even laws towards it.

Imagine if you buy a brand new car that has a factory issue within its guarantee of 3 years by the end of it, they aren't going to send you a shittier model just because prices got up on the line up you got.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

So, basically give the customer higher performance for free rather than basically what they paid for? 

They paid for a 80 Ti tier performance, the fact this particularly product increases potential faster than most others does not change the obligation to give the costumer what line up he got.

Replacing 980 Ti for the 1080 is common practice and it is the right thing to do, there is no "getting any thing for free", as the original product shouldn't have broken in the first place.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

Let me introduce you to Gigabyte customer support.

Better yet, introduce them to Comcast support. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

They paid for a 80 Ti tier performance, the fact this particularly product increases potential faster than most others does not change the obligation to give the costumer what line up he got.

Replacing 980 Ti for the 1080 is common practice and it is the right thing to do, there is no "getting any thing for free", as the original product shouldn't have broken in the first place.

I disagree about it being the "right" thing to do. I think it's the nice thing to do to make the customer feel better (and not feel cheated), but being given an equivalently performing card would be perfectly acceptable -- and also does happen sometimes. 780s were often RMA'd with 970s. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:41 PM, done12many2 said:

It has got to be.  How in the hell can a fan with NO power run for 10 hours after losing its source of power?

Yeah. That's the real mystery here!

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Better yet, introduce them to Comcast support. 

Or maybe to [basically every ISP in the world] support.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, basically entitlement over performance?

They should only have to give you an equal performance card.  The 980ti isn't on par with a 1080.  It's like a 1% performance difference between the 1070 and a 980ti.  The regular 980 is on par with a 1060 6GB.  Giving someone a 1070 is far more logical if they bought a 980ti.  Giving them free performance upgrade over a faulty part over one of equal performance is illogical to me.

No one care about performance and Nvidia definitely won't tell you how different generations compare to each other.
RMAs works based on price. If i paid for 700$ card, i should get something of equal value. 

PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | Asus ROG B350-i Gaming | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Corsair CX650M | G.SKILL RIPJAW 16GB 3000Mhz | CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB AIO | SK Hynix SC308 256GB M.2 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | Fractal Design Define Nano S

Peripherals:

Red Dragon K552 Kumara RGB | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | LG 29WK600-W 29" UltraWide | Razer Kraken USB 

5 hours ago, DesertWing said:

No one care about performance and Nvidia definitely won't tell you how different generations compare to each other. RMAs works based on price.

That's not exactly true and Nvidia isn't the one that handles MOST RMAs. 

If i paid for 700$ card, i should get something of equal value. 

No, you should get something that performs equivalently (or slightly better) to the one you bought. Anything more is a company's attempt at being nice and trying to make customers not get upset over what was otherwise a fair offer.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.