My Corsair experiences, Not happy overall

mrmonmon2

Mice

m60 (2012ish) absolutely great was still working up till(see below)

m65(2016) this died after 3 months(got it at christmas) went back to the m60. decided to make this one work(about august 2017). took the usb cable from my m60. it worked for a few more months(till about january 2018).then randomly disconnected.

M65 RGB(christmas) 2017. 

Had an issue where both of them were not flush, that little edge being the lowest point on the mouse practically wrecking the mousepad. As my Dad lives in a completely different  city(all of these are gifts from him) I couldn't get anything done by corsair support). after the m65 finally died again i pulled the rgb one apart and bent the frame into place(Now it works fine, well for now, it's only been a month and a half).

Headsets

Corsair vengeance1500 (2012-2013) besides the microphone dropping to the bottom of its swing and not locking in place after about a year(funny thing is i never actually move it, same with my h1500 that has the same problem) otherwise great loved it great earmuffs that are comfy.

All my friends complained I was really quiet.

Void Pro RGB issues.(christmas 2016)

-3 foot cable

-rgb is kinda pointless for the wearer as it's not visible to you.

-microphone light on the mircophone is on the opposite side of your facce rendering it non view able and useless.

-claims noise reduction yet does not form to your head and is open ear style(can hear everything).

-who thought triangles would be comfortable around ears??????

-the earmuffs material catches every hair on your face, trying to put it on having only a few hours of stubble was painful as it caught everything and doesn't sit easily without that problem.

h1500(exchanged void for this)

-earmuffs same problem, glad i could swap the earmuffs from my vengeance 1500 to them. 

-mic dropping issue after only a year.

-people complaining im quiet.

-meh sound quality.

k70 RGB

-pretty damn good, although you need to remove the tramp stamp

-has survived spilt milk twice, 10/10 would recommend again

h115i 

-besides the loud af fans(which i swapped) works pretty good(got second hand so i'd know it worked)

PSU the fan getting stuck at 100% most of the time doesn't bother me too much. although going to change the fan next time i pull apart my rig

Mousepads

-my very first one frayed within 2 days mm200 i think

-that got replaced, still frays but it looks great as it's black with the corsair logo in the corner at a nice size

-the recent yellow ones. Too much yellow and overly large corsair logo making it look nonprofessional and obstrusive

the big 0.9m one that is gray and has the edged sewn. good job it doesn't fray and is quite nice.

seriously too much has issues, and considering the m60 and vengeance 1500 were my first peripherals i'm probably biased towards them being better than they actually are. but still the quality has dipped significantly.

My RM1000x PSU has hideous amounts of coil whine, and it is less than 2 years old. Not my graphics card, as I've used two with this PSU and its defiantly the power supply. Did you ever contact Corsair about your issues as it doesn't sound like you did, apart from on your mouse pad and mouse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Just now, EnergyEclipse said:

My RM1000x PSU has hideous amounts of coil whine, and it is less than 2 years old. Not my graphics card, as I've used two with this PSU and its defiantly the power supply. Did you ever contact Corsair about your issues as it doesn't sound like you did, apart from on your mouse pad and mouse

oh no I did, but they cant do anything as I didnt buy them and my dad doesn't remember where his receipts went(somewhere in his filing)

Hmm I did laugh when you complained about not been able to see RGB with void headset ... its a headset, what did you expect? xD

my M65 RGB worked flawlessly for 18 months, changed because I prefer the feel of the Scimitar - Still have the M65 as a back up

Also have a RGB Headset, my only quarm is a slight rattle from a button on the left, apart from that great.

Corsair K65 ( I wanted a number pad less board) works perfectly

Lastly, HX620 PSU, I bought it used, got around 3 years or so from, no real complaints, only problem it had was cold boots

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

7 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Hmm I did laugh when you complained about not been able to see RGB with void headset ... its a headset, what did you expect? xD

Well the headset was a gift, but it's moreso why make it rgb when the user cant even enjoy it, pointless

Just now, mrmonmon2 said:

Well the headset was a gift, but it's moreso why make it rgb when the user cant even enjoy it, pointless

Exactly, I got mine refurb for like 60% MSRP so I can't complain, but RGB makes everything run faster sooo .... xD

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

il list my products a bit too i guess:

K70(original with just red backlight, bought whenever they launched):

still in almost perfect condition beyond the obv keycap wear(they are extremely fattly and glossy), but i had to repair it because i broke the esc key going to a LAN. getting into the case, you had to break a stem under the logo and since then its been a little skewed around the volume wheel, otherwise perfect.

G750M:

bought it used in 2016, flawless. OCP worked perfectly, stabile, quiet and cool.

friends H110:

sounded like a fucking jet, heard it through the mic and it was so bad that he literally didnt use his computer for a few days untill he could get other fans for it. software was at least when he bought it, also garbage.

friends K70 LUX RGB:

nice build, nice RGB, keycap font that makes me want to jump of a building.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, mrmonmon2 said:

Headsets

Corsair vengeance1500 (2012-2013) besides the microphone dropping to the bottom of its swing and not locking in place after about a year(funny thing is i never actually move it, same with my h1500 that has the same problem) otherwise great loved it great earmuffs that are comfy.

All my friends complained I was really quiet.

yup have a void, exact same issue. Ended up puting a hair band to keep it in place. Ironically the mic stopped working after half a year but whatever, i use a rode mic anyway.

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

i have a Corsair RM1000i 1000W, same, horrible coil whine. after searching a bit seems that it's a common issue and even getting a replacement doesn't fix the issue. Ridiculous, you pay a premium for these things yet here we are

2 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Exactly, I got mine refurb for like 60% MSRP so I can't complain, but RGB makes everything run faster sooo .... xD

that's pretty much the only reason to buy one, but wired has still way too short of a cord,  and i forgot to mention it has shitty plastic sheathing

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

friends H110:

sounded like a fucking jet, heard it through the mic and it was so bad that he literally didnt use his computer for a few days untill he could get other fans for it. software was at least when he bought it, also garbage.

my noctua industrial fans at 80% are still quieter than the corsair ones at 50%. i think they are 3k rpm max speed too

1 minute ago, mrmonmon2 said:

my noctua industrial fans at 80% are still quieter than the corsair ones at 50%. i think they are 3k rpm max speed too

OH YES I FORGOT THE AIO!!! 

I had a 4790k on a Hyper 212 Evo. Was ok, temps could get warm so I grabbed a H80 ...Temps were worse unless fans were full speed, and when turned down temps were higher. Its what drove me to become pretty serious about modding and water cooling so I guess I thank them for that! xD

Ryzen Ram Guide

26 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

OH YES I FORGOT THE AIO!!! 

I had a 4790k on a Hyper 212 Evo. Was ok, temps could get warm so I grabbed a H80 ...Temps were worse unless fans were full speed, and when turned down temps were higher. Its what drove me to become pretty serious about modding and water cooling so I guess I thank them for that! xD

unless you have no case room for a decent aircooler realistically there's no point for anything less than a 240/280 rad

unless you have no case room for a decent aircooler realistically there's no point for anything less than a 240/280 rad

Well ye I know haha

Current Build

7QtuKw4.jpg

Previous

K3QCSk6.jpg?1

I like rads xDxD

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Well ye I know haha

I like rads xDxD

oooh those are beautiful.

I've just got a ghetto modded case(no drive bays hehehheheheh).

non modular psu, yours are way nicer, wish i had the cash to do that

oooh those are beautiful.

I've just got a ghetto modded case(no drive bays hehehheheheh).

non modular psu, yours are way nicer, wish i had the cash to do that

Thanks, tbh, pretty much everything you see in both pictures that is white, I have sprayed, including the fans on my current rig (top 3 anyway). I was lucky to be sponsored by Mayhems and Primochill for my previous build which aided with some of the water cooling parts, still had to buy the fans and res/pumps x2. That was 4790k, 2x970 GTX, great quiet PC in a Thermaltake X9, ran cool, but was too big :/

So i switched into my current build, which is in its third iteration

linjuCt.jpg?1

9gJZ6v5.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

Thanks, tbh, pretty much everything you see in both pictures that is white, I have sprayed, including the fans on my current rig (top 3 anyway). I was lucky to be sponsored by Mayhems and Primochill for my previous build which aided with some of the water cooling parts, still had to buy the fans and res/pumps x2. That was 4790k, 2x970 GTX, great quiet PC in a Thermaltake X9, ran cool, but was too big :/

So i switched into my current build, which is in its third iteration

Wow that'd be awesome to get sponsored. Happily i have plenty of fans and i think if I go custom loop i'll probably start by making my h115i have quick connects so i dont have to buy a rad hehehhe

4 minutes ago, mrmonmon2 said:

Wow that'd be awesome to get sponsored. Happily i have plenty of fans and i think if I go custom loop i'll probably start by making my h115i have quick connects so i dont have to buy a rad hehehhe

its only happened once and I'm grateful. You pretty much need a YouTube channel now with a big following or to be a recognised name in the industry to get regular sponsorships

Ryzen Ram Guide

its only happened once and I'm grateful. You pretty much need a YouTube channel now with a big following or to be a recognised name in the industry to get regular sponsorships

sounds ez, welp time to stream team with my new (to me) cpu lol